New Map

Dave_c

First year I've got a ticket since 2018, there looks to be a lot less camping space. Row mead, Pylon, most of Rivermead and Carmaggedon eating into camping space with nothing replacing them as far as I can see.

How crowded are the campsites now? 

20 minutes ago, Adster said:

First year I've got a ticket since 2018, there looks to be a lot less camping space. Row mead, Pylon, most of Rivermead and Carmaggedon eating into camping space with nothing replacing them as far as I can see.

I imagine they'll be fairly quiet now but come festival time they'll be heaving..basil_brush.jpg.95f0fb8117a5cdc856f9a6c684a8fba6.jpg

Edited by Justcalledtosay
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t see the bar next to Strummerville either, wasn’t a big bar, more just a counter at the entrance to the woods across from the long drops. 

"With the festival’s finest viewpoint, Joe’s iconic 24-hour campfire, cafe and CasBar, we look forward to welcoming you all with open arms once more!"

From the website. The bar will be there, it's just not on the map. I suspect this is not the only such case.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Adster said:

https://www.glastopedia.com/festivals/maps/compare?a=2024&b=2019

More camping in pennard hill, dairy ground and family camping now. 

28 minutes ago, j00nbrains said:

Do we know if wicket ground is family camping only now? I camped there 2 years ago next to the fenced family camping area and we really liked the spot, planning on that again this year.

Last year Wicket was entirely family camping.  And the part closer to Woodsies was specifically for accessible campervans.

7 minutes ago, clasher said:

"With the festival’s finest viewpoint, Joe’s iconic 24-hour campfire, cafe and CasBar, we look forward to welcoming you all with open arms once more!"

From the website. The bar will be there, it's just not on the map. I suspect this is not the only such case.

Stayed in Worthy View last year so we were up that way a fair bit. I would've been surprised if the CasBar was removed because it was nearly always busy.

2 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Stayed in Worthy View last year so we were up that way a fair bit. I would've been surprised if the CasBar was removed because it was nearly always busy.

Yeah I think that bar will still be there otherwise it’s a long way to get a drink. Plus didn’t they only sell cans anyway so I can’t see why it wouldn’t be 

15 minutes ago, clasher said:

Good news, nice to pick up a drink and head into strummerville for a seat on a sofa around the fire, and listen to some good tunes. 

36 minutes ago, j00nbrains said:

Do we know if wicket ground is family camping only now? I camped there 2 years ago next to the fenced family camping area and we really liked the spot, planning on that again this year.

Family camping goes all the way up to the road now, stupidly in my opinion. Especially now that they have increased the size of family camping on the east side.

14 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

There is a blue dot next to Williams Green on the new map, last year no dot. I'm hoping that means a proper stage this year of some sort.

but there was a little stage there last year. hopefully theyve beefed it up a bit

1 hour ago, Nuthugger said:

but there was a little stage there last year. hopefully theyve beefed it up a bit

Just some smaller indie/rock names on there to cater for the old Williams Green crowd would be great. I get they had to get rid of the Thursday due to safety issues with the secret sets (this is based on an assumption) but was a good stage and lineup over the weekend I went in 2019. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

What are the big changes compared to last year? 

Doesn't seem like massive changes, just rejigs within areas?

https://www.glastopedia.com/festivals/maps/compare?a=2024&b=2023

Well lets not argue semantics but I did not say massive haha but big enough to be very noticeable.

Avalon moved and looks like a new shaped bigger tent if the map is to be believed. Avalon arms back to 2022 spot  as well by the looks. 

The space in front of the glade looks bigger.. oriented stage differently? 

Arcadia looks like much less punter space?

IICON area looks to be rejigged more space (probably for BICEP)

Shangri-la layout changed

Williams green stage back (although god know in what form. And the area looks like more space around car henge. 

Whole new family camping field

EDIT: Actually looking at aerial view from last year.... it looks like the 2023 map was mostly wrong haha and the 2024 map is just an accurate map of 2023 

Edited by Havors
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Just some smaller indie/rock names on there to cater for the old Williams Green crowd would be great. I get they had to get rid of the Thursday due to safety issues with the secret sets (this is based on an assumption) but was a good stage and lineup over the weekend I went in 2019. 

yeah its a shame. i really enjoyed the wg lineups and it was great for breakthrough artists. i suppose woodsies is the closest we have to the old wg stage but its not as conveniently positioned. 

47 minutes ago, Havors said:

Well lets not argue semantics but I did not say massive haha but big enough to be very noticeable.

Avalon moved and looks like a new shaped bigger tent if the map is to be believed. Avalon arms back to 2022 spot  as well by the looks. 

The space in front of the glade looks bigger.. oriented stage differently? 

Arcadia looks like much less punter space?

IICON area looks to be rejigged more space (probably for BICEP)

Shangri-la layout changed

Williams green stage back (although god know in what form. And the area looks like more space around car henge. 

Whole new family camping field

EDIT: Actually looking at aerial view from last year.... it looks like the 2023 map was mostly wrong haha and the 2024 map is just an accurate map of 2023 

Yeah you're right the map is just more how it actually is now, even Williams green had a little stage last year (that I never saw being used). 

Arcadia new dot, tree stage and confirmation of no row mead are the biggest changes I think. 

7 hours ago, j00nbrains said:

Wicket Ground has been family camping only since 2010.

3 hours ago, Cheesey said:

Wicket Ground has been family camping only since 2010.

It’s had a strip of general camping along the top of it until last year. My friends have been camping there for several years. 

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Yeah you're right the map is just more how it actually is now, even Williams green had a little stage last year (that I never saw being used). 

Arcadia new dot, tree stage and confirmation of no row mead are the biggest changes I think. 

I wonder if the map will be wrong again this year and 2025s map will be 2024 haha 

Spooky synchronicity. When I started going to Glasto 20 years ago, we always camped in Spring Ground. After 9 years at WV, it’s possible I’ll be back in Spring Ground accessible camping as a friend’s PA. The best location. No Lulu’s these days though 😭

21 hours ago, Adster said:

I found that the removal of Pylon/Rivermead camping made a big difference. We had to camp in Bushy, and it was much more crowded compared to our usual spot in Pylon and more difficult to save tent space into the Thursday. Luckily we had no Friday arrivals, but that would have been difficult to manage I think!