New Arcadia 2024 lineup

Crazyfool01

Excellent.  Glad the Dragonfly is ready!

3 DJ's there I may actually make the effort for too.  Nice.

1 minute ago, tickleyt said:

is that...it? is there usually more or has the new stage meant decreased act numbers?

usual amount

--

I wonder if the dragon fly will be like the spider where you can fully go under and around it or it might be more crowd facing... the head is only really at one end of it

Just now, glimmers_of_hope said:

looks like a top lineup from my perspective.

FBS, Barry can't swim, Hot Chip (DJ set),Joy anonomous.

Would be interested in whether Barry Can't Swim is live or DJ - I'm assuming DJ set.

DJ set - you can't do live sets in arcadia unless something changes (would also mean gaps needed between djs etc)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Anyone seen any images of the dragonfly yet?

This is the only picture I've seen. It's a big chopper!

Founders Pip Rush and Bert Cole on the new Dragonfly at Arcadia. Organisers say The Dragonfly at Arcadia, a giant biomechanical creature, "will awaken at the heart of an evolved geometric space, exploring themes of renewal, climate change and our relationship with technology".

Edit: Same chopper shown in the instagram vid a couple of posts down:

image.png.51e255eb42eaa4b504e6c1b6df28d4c0.png

Edited by Cheesey

eric pryds , joy anonymous b2b salute, barry cant swim, hot chip dj set, haai, 

Salute is not anywhere else on the lineup right now is he? surprised he isnt elsehwere (yet)

Sounds intriguing. I'd be interested to see the scale of the dragonfly. I'm sure the chopper is big, but surely it wont be anywhere near the scale of the crane - hopefully it will at least be more expansive than the spider.

"at the heart of an evolved geometric space" - this sounds promising - hopefully it means you dont need to be right underneath the thing to have a good experience.

Arcadia hasn't interested me at all the past two festivals - but will make the effort to at least pass through this year!

Nice idea to have it open during the day for kids!

Just now, gfa said:

DJ set - you can't do live sets in arcadia unless something changes (would also mean gaps needed between djs etc)

Cheers, that is what I thought.

So all the people who are saying that they might skip Barry can't swim at the Park to catch him at Arcadia it is going to be 2 different things - Live set at the park playing his own stuff vs DJ set at Arcadia.

4 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

Founders Pip Rush and Bert Cole on the new Dragonfly at Arcadia. Organisers say The Dragonfly at Arcadia, a giant biomechanical creature, "will awaken at the heart of an evolved geometric space, exploring themes of renewal, climate change and our relationship with technology".

"Built from an ex-military Royal Navy helicopter"

Intriguing! 

6 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

Carl Cox won't fit in that 

maybe why he's not playing this year

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Cheers, that is what I thought.

So all the people who are saying that they might skip Barry can't swim at the Park to catch him at Arcadia it is going to be 2 different things - Live set at the park playing his own stuff vs DJ set at Arcadia.

Having seen Barry can't swim DJ set at last years Glastonbury he seems to drop most his bangers in his dj set. 

• Upvote 1