The Common lineup 2024

Crazyfool01

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I only know one name and that's because I actually know them, lol. 

Is the line up that much weaker? What's missing?

I don’t think it is weaker. They only ever have one proper techno night (last year we had Effy>, Liberators>SPFDJ on the Friday) and there’s plenty there to repeat that 

Edited by Twiggy553

What is the Mez Yard? I don't think I saw it last year. Such a shame The Cave/Samula/Totem aren't there any more. Samula in particular was possibly my all time favourite stage at Glastonbury.

14 minutes ago, BigMarv said:

I hope no one elsewhere in the UK fancies any D&B/Jungle over the last week of June

I love both, but it's absolutely mad how much they have of both, Christ it'll be a lot at the festival. How's that be allowed to happen? 

Is it a result of the Eavis'/ the main team not being especially into dance music themselves. So rather then regulating stages to stick to genres its a bit of a free for all? 

Edited by kemosabe

48 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

As above was expecting a venue 

They do takeovers, not their own venue - they used to do Rum Shack and last year done Mez Yard. 

Assume it'll be the same this year. 

7 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I love both, but it's absolutely mad how much they have of both, Christ it'll be a lot at the festival. How's that be allowed to happen? 

Is it a result of the Eavis'/ the main team not being especially into dance music themselves. So rather then regulating stages to stick to genres its a bit of a free for all? 

It's either they had plans and due to availability/cost they pivoted to DnB/Jungle (assuming due to volume of acts and it being a UK-centric sound it's easier to book) or a concerted effort to reflect what is popular right now and coalescing around that.

The first part would be difficult to imagine as actually being true.

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

They do takeovers, not their own venue - they used to do Rum Shack and last year done Mez Yard. 

Assume it'll be the same this year. 

There used to be a proper Copperdollar bar/venue, which was fantastic 

11 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

DnB / Jungle is massive in the UK. Every multi genre festival has a similar %. My main gripe is Ed Solo and Deekline being wheeled out every single time playing the same dull DnB bootlegs. DnB and jungle is a really diverse genre but festivals seem to showcase the most mundane version of it. In fact I've heard DnB DJ's refer to playing a "festival set" which usually means bootleggy jump up. Whereas in a club they would dig a lot deeper.

Edited by toohottoocold

2 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

It was rum shack before it was named rum shack! 

Edited by stuie

18 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

What is the Mez Yard? I don't think I saw it last year. Such a shame The Cave/Samula/Totem aren't there any more. Samula in particular was possibly my all time favourite stage at Glastonbury.

Great point.  What happened to these?  Seemed unusually short lived as venues and were great.  Had a great night in The Cave one year.

18 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

proximity to Bristol innit. People always said the same about Shambala (which although not near Bristol i think it was started by Bristol people)

Edited by Twiggy553
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Which I was hoping would be back as someone posted a Facebook screenshot I think … Will look into the takeovers though 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Load of rubbish. 

I hope Block9 isn't as rubbish.

SEC lineups so far not really doing much to pull people away from Silver Hayes. Maybe that's a good thing and the dangerous bottlenecking will be reduced? Either way, it's noticeably weaker this year over in the Naughty Corner. Over to you, Block 9...

block 9 / genosys / arcadia always have more my type of music. so waiting on them. feel like they will all be stacked , with the silver hayes lineup will really spread the crowds out.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Just generally 

Names aren't everything, but yes, there's an obvious downgrade in the lineup generally with every announcement.

More than happy for them to pump the money back to the infrastructure, improved crowd management, more creative ideas. We'll only see if that's happened when we arrive, of course.

45 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I don’t think it is weaker. They only ever have one proper techno night (last year we had Effy>, Liberators>SPFDJ on the Friday) and there’s plenty there to repeat that 

I love my techno night in the Common every year, last 2 years were awesome..please can you name the names that you said there is plenty to repeat that? I'm out of the game but still love it!