Left Field

Avalon_Fields

18 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

What are expected to be the approximate timings for Leftfield? Trying to work out my own clashes.

In previous years I've caught the headliner and still made it to Other for headliner.  Usually 9 til 10pm for the headline slot. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

In previous years I've caught the headliner and still made it to Other for headliner.  Usually 9 til 10pm for the headline slot. 

Yeah, the LF headliner usually finishes before the Pyramid Headliner starts if I remember correctly.

20 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Last year's timings 

Screenshot_2024-05-01-13-32-08-247_com.flavrwebdev.glastoapp.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-01-13-32-34-243_com.flavrwebdev.glastoapp.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-01-13-32-53-129_com.flavrwebdev.glastoapp.jpg

They've added an extra band each day though so the timings are guaranteed to be different.

As said before they're either finishing later or starting earlier.

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

They've added an extra band each day though so the timings are guaranteed to be different.

It would also be pretty easy to not have 30 minutes between a debate it’s not like it takes a lot of set up time. Although I think they will just run until 11/11.30 as I was never really sure why it finished early anyway 

7 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Hopefully finishing later 🤞

2 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Can’t see many of those politicians turning up with the general election on June 27th. 

Caroline Lucas is retiring … but yeah might well be campaigning on behalf of party . But unless you know something no election date has been announced . 

3 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Can’t see many of those politicians turning up with the general election on June 27th. 

There is not a general election on the 27th as far as I'm aware at least they have not announced one. 

19 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Of course it hasn’t been announced yet but it’s on the 27th. 

Only a front bench Tory and there civil servants would know that, fine if your having a guess but please don't state guesswork as fact. 

I would say unless its anounced in the next week or so a GE on the 27th June is very unlikely. 

I think it will be November-December personally 

Edited by Ben7amin_

I'm sure there'll be lots of info on here about applying for a postal vote if there is a general election on 27/6 👍 it'll be like the brexit referendum year again, only hopefully without the dreadful friday waking up to the realisation of living in a small insular country full of bloody idiots (again!) 

20 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Of course it hasn’t been announced yet but it’s on the 27th. 

Pretty sure Rishi said it's likely 2nd half of the year, and multiple Tory politicians have hinted at late September/early October.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Pretty sure Rishi said it's likely 2nd half of the year, and multiple Tory politicians have hinted at late September/early October.

Yeah they are very busy with the selling of the HS2 land they bought back to its Tory donor owners for half what they paid them for it. That will take a few months to finish

20 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Sunak you are a w*nker … 

just checking 

It really looked like Caroline Lucas called Sunak a w*nker after her PMQ today. 

Sadly, after a rewind, I concluded she actually said 'Weak' 

Edited by stuie

One thing that has annoyed me about the poster is the panel discussion on “Small Boats”. “Small Boats” is a Tory euphemism so they don’t have to say “immigrants” or “brown people”. Which we know is what they really mean. The panel discussion should be called “Refugees: safe routes and solidarity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, stuie said:

It really looked like Caroline Lucas called Sunak a w*nker after her PMQ today. 

Sadly, after a rewind, I concluded she actually said 'Weak' 

The worst of the worst a weak w*nker

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Still waiting for Beans on toast, maybe Greenpeace? 

Someone told me he self confirmed from the stage at the end of his Greenpeace set last year.

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

I'm sure there'll be lots of info on here about applying for a postal vote if there is a general election on 27/6 👍 it'll be like the brexit referendum year again, only hopefully without the dreadful friday waking up to the realisation of living in a small insular country full of bloody idiots (again!) 

Some of the stuff around Glastonbury attendees not voting in the referendum was laughable. Even if no-one had done a postal vote (everyone I knew had done) and an extra 210,000 people had voted remain, it wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome.

Leave 17,410,742 / Remain 16,141,241

Remain with an extra 210,000 = 16,351,241‬

49 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

One thing that has annoyed me about the poster is the panel discussion on “Small Boats”. “Small Boats” is a Tory euphemism so they don’t have to say “immigrants” or “brown people”. Which we know is what they really mean. The panel discussion should be called “Refugees: safe routes and solidarity.

Yeah agree with this. I was reading out the panel discussion titles to my wife over lunch and from title alone she thought it meant this was a pro 'stop the boats' talk. I get what they're going for but it looks odd and feels like it's starting the debate with the wrong focus.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Still waiting for Beans on toast, maybe Greenpeace? 

I was thinking that. Usually always plays greenpeace plus left field/avalon or something. Maybe he’s opening the pyramid? 

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Only a front bench Tory and there civil servants would know that, fine if your having a guess but please don't state guesswork as fact. 

I would say unless its anounced in the next week or so a GE on the 27th June is very unlikely. 

I think it will be November-December personally 

Rumours floated around before the weekend that Sunak was going to announce on Monday, but the SNP news was the big story yesterday, we've got local elections in 2 days so I doubt anything is happening this week.  My money's on September.

36 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I was thinking that. Usually always plays greenpeace plus left field/avalon or something. Maybe he’s opening the pyramid? 

Don't think he usually plays Leftfield, usually the Bandstand (or is it the Croissant Neuf Bandstand, my mind's gone blank).