Woodsies lineup 2024

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Not to be old man shouts at cloud but its a bit rubbish when real artists get opportunities like this taken away from them. Start of a slippery slope imo

isnt it best to get a definitive answer first ? ive asked the question but dont know if ill get a reply .... does look AI but best to check 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Olshansky said:

wanted to also say, for anyone that doesn't know kneecap - they put on a hell of a show.  

I’m from Northern Ireland and I just cannot listen to them. Can’t stand it. Pure cringe. Just my opinion. Ps I’m Irish lol 

Edited by Ncahir94

14 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

I’m from Northern Ireland and I just cannot listen to them. Can’t stand it. Pure cringe. Just my opinion. Ps I’m Irish lol 

to each their own 🙂 

in fairness, I dont ever put the record on, but I love watching them live 

35 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

I'm Irish descent and feel similar.

GLC but without the irony 

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Is that right? Surely they're not going to fit all of that line-up into 9 hours? Is it not 12pm-3am??

Ben

That’s what I thought. And also, with the pressure on the old financials at the moment, would a venue for 9 hours use even get the green light? 

25 minutes ago, stuie said:

That’s what I thought. And also, with the pressure on the old financials at the moment, would a venue for 9 hours use even get the green light? 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/woodsies/

image.png.15d64dd4c474d740a41c4ac4a3601c98.png

seems pretty clear - acts start at midnight ish and go on to 3am ish.  except weds and thurs when they is stuff on during the day too

7 hours ago, tarw said:

A lot for me here. I am really looking forward to the Tree stage sounds like a great chilled after hours alternative. 

If Jon Hopkins is an immersive experience does that suggest that there are visuals to go with it?  Will there be projections on the roof

In Jon’s newsletter today he announced a listening event at the ICA next week; sounds like it’s spatial sound rather than visuals.

My new album, RITUAL, will be released on August 30. It is a 41-minute ceremonial piece, and was the most joyful and collaborative experience I’ve ever had making an album. It feels like a kinetic counterpart to Music For Psychedelic Therapy … Finally, announcing the first Listening Experiences! You can come and hear the album in spatial audio, presented with d&b Audiotechnik Soundscape, at the ICA in London on May 12, way ahead of its release. I want to give people an opportunity to listen collectively to this specially created immersive version, to really feel this music as it was intended to be felt, before anyone has heard it. Tickets are on sale this Friday.“

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

A lot on the line-up is electronic, but not dance. More ambient-leaning. 

KMRU is the current wunderkind of ambient drone. And he's bloody incredible. 

Ben

Thanks.  It's all a bit unknown to me but I'll have a listen.  I camp in Darble so later stuff in Woodsies would be a great find!

18 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Thanks.  It's all a bit unknown to me but I'll have a listen.  I camp in Darble so later stuff in Woodsies would be a great find!

Oh gosh! I think I might have been quite enthusiastic about a genre that is quite...erm...niche! As in, a constant source of piss taking by my camp mates! But hey, you might love it! Do report back 😆

Ben

19 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh gosh! I think I might have been quite enthusiastic about a genre that is quite...erm...niche! As in, a constant source of piss taking by my camp mates! But hey, you might love it! Do report back 😆

Ben

🤣Ah well, very unlikely but you never know!  Well, maybe we do.

5 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Says something on the G website about it also having a full programme through the day on Weds/Thurs, so maybe a lot of presentations and talks are on then.

Voice of Baceprot sound ace.  Might have to open with them on the Friday.

Yeah, they look awesome…looks like they will open my Friday as well! 

15 hours ago, Olshansky said:

wanted to also say, for anyone that doesn't know kneecap - they put on a hell of a show.  

I have to say there's a couple I put on my playlist that are real ear worms Fenian C*** is perhaps not the one you want to be singing to yourself during a team meeting but what can I do 😄 

50 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I have to say there's a couple I put on my playlist that are real ear worms Fenian C*** is perhaps not the one you want to be singing to yourself during a team meeting but what can I do 😄 

My work phone ring tone is I don't give a f**k what you reckon by Man and the Echo.  It stops just before the singing starts but it often leads me to sing the lyrics in my head.