Avalon 2024

Crazyfool01

26 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah I was about to say, they're playing in Japan on Sunday, so most likely playing Friday. Where did you hear they're headlining?

A friend met Benji a few months ago, was talking about their set last year and he told him. 

48 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

fingers crossed its not true. 

Last year the  stage had moved to the rear of the Avalon area, away from near the slope up to  the railway path. No cafe just a tented stage. Just wasn’t the same relaxed vibe about it. 

32 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Last year the  stage had moved to the rear of the Avalon area, away from near the slope up to  the railway path. No cafe just a tented stage. Just wasn’t the same relaxed vibe about it. 

i loved it. spaced out on the sofa for hours lol.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Can’t find any set lists for her. Does she do much All Saints stuff or any of the songs she’s written for others?

No idea - just thought she might be worth seeing, based on nothing at all really!

4 hours ago, mouserat said:

Trying to figure out where/when a full band show might fit in elsewhere on the lineup (if anywhere), as feels odd for him to be there solely for a relatively low-key solo slot. 

Leftfield??

But maybe it's just the solo slot. He has a lot going on over the next while.

9 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Anyone seen Haircut 100? I used to think nothing of them but now reckon they could be fun?

I used to see Nick Heywood (or is it Heyward?) in Waitrose in Henley.  He played as one of the acts in the town musical advent calendar.  Good sing along stuff....

9 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Maybe not, but I still reckon Lulu could be well busy, depending on time/day.  Last ever gig, heritage/nostalgia act.  The ingredients are there.

It will be like Bruce Forsyth - rammed!

4 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

They did. They have a residency at deva fest “sailors rest”. About 5 shows a day. They are great. 

The Mrs spoke to them and told them

we saw them at Glasto (after seeeing them the year before at deva fest too). Told her to get a selfie- she obliged!

if you haven’t seen them you should! Think sea shanty’s (duh) and lots of Irish songs.

Bloody love them, such a feel good set.  Everyone should try to see them if they can. I defy anyone to watch them and not have a good time.  I suspect they will be popping up all over the place.

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I shall be asking questions in Parliament about who decided to have Skindred, Idles and Fontaines DC all headlining on a Friday night.

Was hoping skindred would be Saturday headliners. That's a nightmare 3 way clash.

9 hours ago, timbrass said:

What happened?

The Hobos announced last year they were going on a hiatus, not saying they were splitting up but giving no encouragement they’d be back either. There’s often been tension between Davey and the other two (Who may be back as the Devils Prefects).