The Killers "Secret Set"

IBCanon

57 minutes ago, IBCanon said:

I just saw in clashfinder that The Killers are in as secret set. Is this pure speculation or why they have added them?

Just speculation yeah, their tour ties in pretty well with it and they are the bookies favourite for a secret set. They can't do other than Friday and Saturday, it would have to be Pyramid and we know the Pyramid Sunday for the top 4. I find it extremely unlikely that they will be 5th below Shania Twain so 3rd/4th down Saturday is ideal....and avoiding Bloc Party. Added to that Michael Kiwanuka 3rd down for me is pretty high for him. I actually think it should be The Killers, Keane 4th and Kiwanuka 5th.

18 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Surely too soon since they headlined to play Pyramid again.

Would diminish it if they ever headlined in the future too. 

The Foos was a random one. 

People were suggesting Foo's returning to headline this year, only the 4th festival signed they did it last time.

It would be at least 3 years after this year before they were chosen to headline again and I'd have doubts that they will be. Look at how the festival is trying to move forward, The Killers are not at the top of their wishlist lol.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Not if they played Hot Fuss in full, which at the moment they are only doing at a Vegas residency. 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

If any headline size act was to do a secret set it doesn’t matter how recently they’ve actually headlined

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

If any headline size act was to do a secret set it doesn’t matter how recently they’ve actually headlined

This is true at the best of times - but probable even moreso this year when several of the acts near the top of the bill have a "bumped up" feel about them.

57 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Considering their secret set in 2017, headlining in 2019,and Brandon appearance last year, I'd be amazed if they do a secret set this year. 

This was my thinking. Any normal year, you see a big name act that sold out stadiums on their last full UK tour with a big Glasto-shaped gap in a month or so-long UK tour and think it's a nailed on appearance. But it does seem like Brightside Overload if it was them.

1 hour ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

I would LOVE this to happen. Not sure it will but the dates definitely line up and we know Brandon loves the festival. Would have to be Pyramid. Maybe if they did something different like playing the whole Hot Fuss album. Would make my festival if they do a Churnups style slot but let’s see if it happens🤞

Certainly I know they're doing Hot Fuss in full but for shows in Vegas in August/September. My suspicion is that the upcoming Rebel Diamonds arena shows will be greatest hits based.

Saying that, there was talk they might do some extra HF-in-full club shows here & there for which the trail has gone quiet of late. Unless these are an "announced in the week" type deal.

My heart says yes, but my head so no.

They do have a GSH in their rebel diamonds tour but I feel like they like coming anyway as punters.

But on the flip side after rebel diamonds, Brandon is going to release a solo album and The Killers album is minimum 2027. They might feel like they want to have a spot.

Lord knows it, it will be brilliant and the line up needs some more umph

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I mean, the clue is in the name….

Yeah Poirot didn't need to stay up all night to decipher those clues.

Saying that, Killers sets tend to be quite greatest hits oriented anyway. On the ITM show that I saw in Coventry, This River is Wild was a curve-ball, but the older songs selected were otherwise in line with what I would have expected.