Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Steady on, I'm in my 50s, so gonna take me a while to fill a bottle with p if razorlight are playing 😊

haha, guilty pleasure of mine although I've earmarked Pool Harbour Festival if it doesn't happen. Not visited that area of the country much and it's a bargain fest.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Blimey you're going full on retro there aren't you.  I don't think it's likely.  But what do I know?

Just looking at low down acts that could still be there given we had The Hives, Rick Astley added like. I fully expect the slots to be taken by up and coming female artists.

16 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Nice one - wanted to put it in the format we’re used to to see how different it looks. Think for some reason without the  stage splits it makes the lineup look a bit stronger.

5BCFF2E2-F91A-417F-BFAC-8B2278DF107A.jpeg

I think you're right that there's an immediate focus on positioning on all stages from the outset. 

19 minutes ago, northernangel said:

haha, guilty pleasure of mine although I've earmarked Pool Harbour Festival if it doesn't happen. Not visited that area of the country much and it's a bargain fest.

Just looked up how long it was that they played in their hey day, 19 years headlining other? 

8 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

This poster is just a fraction of the acts, too. I hope they really push for gender equality on the other stages, because there are loads of smaller all female bands that are really good.

More likely that the adds will mainly be male acts because of the desire to make the initial poster an equal split. 

10 minutes ago, briddj said:

More likely that the adds will mainly be male acts because of the desire to make the initial poster an equal split. 

I'm going to Green Gathering this year, and they signed up to the Key change scheme a few years ago. Since then they have achieved a 50-50 gender balance (subsequently getting better feedback about their lineups).

I think Glastonbury should consider making a formal pledge in order to put a bit of pressure on themselves to do better (and yes, I know they're doing better than most already, but Glastonbury have always strived to be the best on these types of issues).

38 minutes ago, briddj said:

But they aren't aiming just for a gender balance on the initial poster. 

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Just looked up how long it was that they played in their hey day, 19 years headlining other? 

Yup, and I'd still rather they played than half of what is booked. When might call that not moving on but ah well. At least booking them second bottom on Other wouldn't raise questions of trying to force and issue resulting it forcing a lineup.

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

Just looking at low down acts that could still be there given we had The Hives, Rick Astley added like. I fully expect the slots to be taken by up and coming female artists.

Already got Tix Poole.. only 3 train stops away..

3 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Already got Tix Poole.. only 3 train stops away..

Nice man! For like £26 is it even yet? Just checked, £23 currently for Razorlight, The Coral, a bit of Toploader, Fleetwood Tribute, N-Trance and Ultrabeat is just mad!

Edited by northernangel

17 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yup, and I'd still rather they played than half of what is booked. When might call that not moving on but ah well. At least booking them second bottom on Other wouldn't raise questions of trying to force and issue resulting it forcing a lineup.

Nah, you should be feeling far more guilty about that dreadful idea of pleasure 😉

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

?, don't see it anywhere, lineup tab just shows last years acts.

That's odd, this is what is on there when I click on the lineup tab.  (Couldn't get the whole poster but you can see it's there).

image.thumb.png.02e177470a7cc4d99b37575780e6d53d.png

4 hours ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Nice one - wanted to put it in the format we’re used to to see how different it looks. Think for some reason without the  stage splits it makes the lineup look a bit stronger.

5BCFF2E2-F91A-417F-BFAC-8B2278DF107A.jpeg

It looks like what it is, an entirely typical Glastonbury line up

56 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I will enjoy it but I can see why people would throw in the towel. As much as I have some decent options, a lot of the music I prefer to listen to is from years gone it doesn't make for great reading for a Glastonbury lineup.

Even just amongst this first poster there's a lot that fits that criteria.  It may not be to your taste, but at the same time there will be others saying they want ever more new, stuff. 

That's why we have so many stages, of which the surface hasn't been scratched yet. 

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

That's odd, this is what is on there when I click on the lineup tab.  (Couldn't get the whole poster but you can see it's there).

image.thumb.png.02e177470a7cc4d99b37575780e6d53d.png

Very odd!, I just tried again in firefox and it's not there, tried in chrome and it's as you said, same in brave, must be some caching issue with firefox.

Just tried removing cookies for glastonbury and it has now appeared, very weird. Funny how they took it off the main page but it's still on the lineup page though. Maybe just an error.

7 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Very odd!, I just tried again in firefox and it's not there, tried in chrome and it's as you said, same in brave, must be some caching issue with firefox.

Just tried removing cookies for glastonbury and it has now appeared, very weird. Funny how they took it off the main page but it's still on the lineup page though. Maybe just an error.

I think initially they took it off to add Faithless who are now on it.  So maybe they forgot to re-upload it properly afterwards,

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, clarkete said:

Even just amongst this first poster there's a lot that fits that criteria.  It may not be to your taste, but at the same time there will be others saying they want ever more new, stuff. 

That's why we have so many stages, of which the surface hasn't been scratched yet. 

It's doing OK for me but I'm not oblivious to where the obvious falts and quality in lineup, band position making errors are and why people aren't happy with it.

While it's not scratched the surface, there is a massive amount of people that will look to those 6 stages for where there money and quality of lineup is.

Without Coldplay on this lineup, I genuinely feel the resale could be pretty easy, I won't be alone in thinking that. This also points to that one if the old timers is the big ticket shifter on a lineup with a new age of acts of expanded diversity....too much so for me. Way too much has tried to be catered for with a clear move away from anything actual rock based. Not just rock because we call it rock but PJ Harvey and Fontaines DC might be the only two on there...put of 80+ acts.

There's quite a few spaces left on the stages released on the poster (meaning, if there are the same amount of acts on the other stages as last year, we are 4 short, and 9 short on the Other Stage). Have we got those spaces pencilled in? I know James and Richard Hawley were absent from the poster...

What day are the streets playing do we think?

If they are subbing Saturday then I have a 3 way clash with Orbital and Sleaford mods. I'm gonna have to ask Emily to move some acts around a bit.

Edited by Euphoricape

I'm not going this year, but there's plenty on there I would be excited about or are just plain fun. I wish some of them had played last year when they were rumoured before!

IDLES, LCD Soundsytem, Coldplay, Dua Lipa, PJ Harvey, Cyndi Lauper, The Streets, Avril Lavigne, Confidence Man, Justice, Black Pumas, Yard Act, The Breeders...

SZA is a bit weak, but who gives a f**k? She'll have a smaller crowd, but I'm sure the people there will have a blast and everyone else will be elsewhere enjoying whoever. 

One year it rained so hard I hardly saw much on the main stages. Spent most of my time in Cabaret and circus etc.

It was still an amazing festival. That’s the beauty of glastonbury. It’ll still be absolutely amazing!