Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

I don’t mind the line-up. 3-5 acts I want to see on each stage already but I like that and prefer not spending all day at one stage.  Hoping to still see some more big names announced - especially Pulp but Killers also have a Glastonbury shaped hole and still hoping they might do a Churnups style TBA.  Overall still plenty to get excited about, and looking forward to discovering some new stuff I don’t already know I like. 

10 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

LCD headlining Other on Friday, Idles playing before them (and not clashing with Fontaines DC) would have made a lot more sense.

Or even Jamie XX headlining Other, if LCD really want a Pyramid appearance....

I agree, TBF on the LCD thing. 

1 minute ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

I don’t mind the line-up. 3-5 acts I want to see on each stage already but I like that and prefer not spending all day at one stage.  Hoping to still see some more big names announced - especially Pulp but Killers also have a Glastonbury shaped hole and still hoping they might do a Churnups style TBA.  Overall still plenty to get excited about, and looking forward to discovering some new stuff I don’t already know I like. 

If the Killers played, it makes the festival for me as I missed 2019. 

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Maybe then it’s a good chance to wander the site and see what’s on the smaller stages at that time. The Avalon etc have still to drop their line ups. 

Yeah defo mate, I will find something. Buzzing for the week now 😁

8 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

It’s possible to be critical of the line up but also supportive of the festival. Let’s call a spade a spade, most agree it’s a weak line up. It may be the best they could get/afford from a headliner perspective (across all stages), and we all know Glasto is more than the music, but for me it’s the undercard that’s most underwhelming.

What acts would you like to have seen instead?

If I'd got a ticket, Id be picking the bones of the stuff I'd be seeing, look forward to some exploring and make it a good weekend. But there are zero big hitters there for me, those that I'd see I have seen various times before.

As a non ticket holder, I'll not be bothering with the resale.

On reflection, thats good for the festival, turn over the attendees a bit, get some younger and fresher blood in there.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MMMarc1720 said:

Dua and Coldplay bring excitement but SZA as a sunday headliner is very underwhelming. The full Sunday headliners are underwhelming actually.

Justice will be the biggest party on the farm.

Far better than Coldplay!!!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

they've not had two years of duff line-ups before, or at such a high price. the days of a guaranteed top level line-up are gone.

Think you’re underestimating how much the Great British Public loves Dua Lipa and Coldplay. It won’t do Elton-level viewing figures for the BBC but it’ll be plenty healthy enough. 

10 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

As far as Kpop acts go (I partially keep up with them), I'm not convinced that Seventeen are that big over here. They've not even had an album make the UK Top 100, which only takes about 2000 sales these days. 

On further inspection, they've had 8 albums/mini albums in the top 100 downloads chart.

For me was hoping for Stevie Nicks, Suede, Pulp, James and then perhaps a surprise like Bryan Adams or Sting for a massive singalong on the Pyramid. 

I don't have a problem with the headliners. It's the mid afternoon, sunset slots with mates that are massively lacking this year..

Edited by danbailey80

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Maybe aye. perplexed what they've done to go from third to headlining other in 2 years tho

Gigging hard, keeping active with the music press / social media, new album, as well as being flipping good live.

I've always thought their trajectory was to headline Other, granted I wasn't expecting it this year....

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

Real Talk - Is SZA the weakest Sunday headliner in the last 2 decades? Think Moby in 2003 was the last time 

I think the last punt like that might well have been Muse in 2004, given they'd only just had their first UK number one album.

Or Basement Jaxx as the promoted headliner in 2005 when Kylie had to withdraw, anyway, though that was different circumstances as that was not initially the plan.

3 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Real Talk - Is SZA the weakest Sunday headliner in the last 2 decades? Think Moby in 2003 was the last time 

In terms of likely crowd size, yes. She doesn’t have a single song your average person on the street would be able to name.

But in terms of prestige, booking SZA blows Kasabian, Mumfords and The Who out of the water, so it could be worse. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I think once the BBC/ British Music Hype machine gets to it she'll be more hyped then The Who. 

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

For me was hoping for Stevie Nicks, Suede, Pulp, James and then perhaps a surprise like Bryan Adams or Sting for a massive singalong on the Pyramid. 

No Pulp is perhaps the big surprise, given that they seemingly did everything else but Glastonbury that they'd have been considered for last year.

Unless the plan is for Glastonbury 2025 to be a special "last gig ever" type thing.