Emily Eavis talk in Oxford

gooner1990

Bit of a latecomer to the SZA rumours, why is the talk now that it is her and not Nicks? I'm a fan of SZA and will likely go see, I just expected her to be an Other headliner more than Pyramid Stage.

Edited by ac123

10 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yep, good as nailed on.

I think she's Other stage myself. I don't see SZA headlining the Pyramid....although we have waited long enough it could be a disappointing end.

I guess the up side is if SZA was Sunday and there was no clash it's an easy out the car park job or easy access to NYC Downlow.

With that info, I'm personally hoping for O-Rod just down to personal taste, number of hits she has and the fact she is around at the time. But I think if I had to put a bet on it the BST shows leans me towards SZA, who as a 26 year old I'd never heard of, gave a little listen to and isn't for me, hope she smashes it but can't see it going off at the pyramid

6 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Is the talk of three female headliners for 2025/2026 true?

I really doubt that they've got 3 even loosely committed bookings for either year yet - and even if they do have, as we've seen things can change especially this far out.

23 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Nice one fella .. appreciate you giving up an afternoon to listen as im sure do the many others browsing this thread 

I now have to stay two hours late to make up the time! 

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

ORod pretty much nailed on to headline in the next few years then if they’re going after three female acts one year - absolute sure thing. Who the other two will be is an interesting one though. 

Taylor and Rihanna two of the main contenders I guess.

Unless Raye/Little Simz are getting a SZA-level bump.

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

ORod pretty much nailed on to headline in the next few years then if they’re going after three female acts one year - absolute sure thing. Who the other two will be is an interesting one though. 

I reckon she’ll do BST and Glasto next year

Won't lie, I hope SZA knocks it out of the park. 

But when the pool of potential female headliners is unfortunately smaller than the bench of other options, it feels a bit restrictive to shout to the heavens you'll have a year with three female headliners, no?