2024 New Music

Quark

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Big thumbs up from me on English Teacher album 

Also a recomendation for an up and coming singer. 

Viji  - only has a few tracks around at the moment but very talented 

Viji released an album last year (produced by that guy, released by that label) and also singles dating back to 2020...

New Everything Everything is good, a bit of a return to form. Can hear some Radiohead influences in the weird but poignant lyrics. I like the concept of the album - best one I've heard since Get to Heaven.

Edited by Acid_Haze

5 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

Hoping Lynks gets added somewhere. Really good fun live too.

As people have said new English Teacher and Bodega are good. Fingers crossed for all three.

Opening The Park on the Friday. Also English Teacher are playing Leftfield 

Edited by Euphoricape
  • Upvote 1

Trying to keep more up to date with new releases this year.

Really liking that English Teacher album, haven’t heard of them before.

Also caught up on the latest Elbow album, really enjoyed that one too.

• Upvote 1

Been enjoying the new Faye Webster album the past week, it's soft and sleepy music, but very nicely written and produced. It's a shame she hasn't been booked for the festival this year, really thought she'd do it.

Faith in the next generation fully restored. 

Seen these lads as support for the Zutons at the weekend in Manchester and I'm already obsessed with them. 

Edited by Benjsh

14 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

They’ve been playing a good mix across the albums in recent sets, so I’d expect it to be a cracker! 

If they bring Dublin City Sky back into their setlists I'd have a tough decision to make between them & Dua

30 minutes ago, northernringo said:

If they bring Dublin City Sky back into their setlists I'd have a tough decision to make between them & Dua

They’ve only really played it in Dublin in recent years unfortunately, but you never know! 

Edit: typo

Edited by Toilet Duck

New Kim Gordon album is good. The blend of noise rock with trap-style beats and her vocal delivery works really well. It's pretty cool how she continues to always come out with unique sounding music.

Metalheads + fans of heavy guitar music - if you haven't already, you need to listen to the new Judas Priest. Just heard it and it's mega, can't believe these guys are making music that's still this good in their 70's. The festival missed a trick not booking them for the Pyramid stage rock slot.

Edited by Acid_Haze