2024 Other Stage

Mark H

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm thinking the Prodigy might also honour the cancelled Boomtown spot this year

if it was a genuine injury/excuse why  would they owe it? do you feel you owe your boss for a genuine day's sick? (you might feel you owe for a skiving day)

54 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Chems would be such a sh*t choice. As uninspiring as bringing Coldplay back yet again to do The Pyramid.

For some reason i can't see them booking both Chemical Brothers and the Prodigy to headline the Other, doesn't sit right - they feel too similar.

7 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Chems would be such a sh*t choice. As uninspiring as bringing Coldplay back yet again to do The Pyramid.

If pyramid has dua and coldplay “friends of the festival” as headliners i could see this theme continuing to the other stage. 

i like them so they could play every year for me, but i get the fatigue with them being booked so often.

having said that theyre a safe bet compared to nonsense like lana del rey pissing people about and always draw a massive crowd

7 hours ago, Neil said:

if it was a genuine injury/excuse why  would they owe it? do you feel you owe your boss for a genuine day's sick? (you might feel you owe for a skiving day)

I'm not saying they would "owe" anyone anything. It's not unheard of for an act to eventually fulfill a booking they had to cancel for reasons beyond their control. Obviously it depends on their schedule, of course.

U2 and the Foo Fighters did it for Glastonbury. 

57 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Even as a big CB fan, I agree with this.

Give Justice the nod instead (although I appreciate that you would be equally as disappointed with that booking 😂)

At least it would be something different. 

9 hours ago, Neil said:

Boomtown had wanted them for years and its the perfect festival - a far better fit than Glasto is really. The bookers will want them back and i can't see why the Prodigy would say no to that

4 minutes ago, 1049Gotho said:

IDLES releasing a new album in February so they're likely to be at Glastonbury. 

Are they big enough to headline the Other Stage? I'm biased as I think they're brilliant and would smash it. Curious to hear what others think.

think they'd be more like an other sub or maybe even 3rd

would do a great job as a larger woodsies headline

5 minutes ago, 1049Gotho said:

Are they big enough to headline the Other Stage? I'm biased as I think they're brilliant and would smash it. Curious to hear what others think.

Think they’re more likely to headline Woodsies than Other.

4 minutes ago, 1049Gotho said:

I suggested it the other week but generally got shot down. Fairly, I would add. 

That said, I'd definitely like to see them get that spot. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

For some reason i can't see them booking both Chemical Brothers and the Prodigy to headline the Other, doesn't sit right - they feel too similar.

I don't think they are similar at all. They are both electronic music, that's about as far as it goes. 

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

That was the plan in ‘19 before Prodigy pulled out.

I was thinking that and it wouldn't have been separate days aa The Chems headlined Saturday. I'm sure the general consensus was that CATQ got bumped to headline from sub due to it.

I see emily wording her piece this morning delicately, stating the 3rd mentioned last night are not the confirmed headliners and also that we aren't likely to find out about any of them until the new year.

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I suggested it the other week but generally got shot down. Fairly, I would add. 

That said, I'd definitely like to see them get that spot. 

Yeah IDLES far to popular to pick up a slot on anything other than Pyramid or Other for me. 

Might not be a headliner though could be one under top on Other.  

The idea of them playing Woodsies seems a bit bonkers to me. 

The organizers have already seen them pull a crowd possibly twice what Woodsies holds on the other stage so with the recent overcrowding trouble I definitely do not see them headlining Woodsies now as more popular than they were then. 

15 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Yeah IDLES far to popular to pick up a slot on anything other than Pyramid or Other for me. 

Might not be a headliner though could be one under top on Other.  

The idea of them playing Woodsies seems a bit bonkers to me. 

The organizers have already seen them pull a crowd possibly twice what Woodsies holds on the other stage so with the recent overcrowding trouble I definitely do not see them headlining Woodsies now as more popular than they were then. 

They would make a perfect alternative to Coldplay on the Saturday night. Way too big to headline Woodsies, would be dangerously packed. Would love them to headline Pyramid really..

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

They would make a perfect alternative to Coldplay on the Saturday night. Way too big to headline Woodsies, would be dangerously packed. Would love them to headline Pyramid really..

20 minutes ago, 1049Gotho said:

Me too! One day, hopefully.

Brylcream Creatine and an Otherstage Headli-een 

Edited by Ben7amin_
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Seen The Prodigy with and without Keith, of course it's a real shame not to have his stage presence but they're still a great live proposition without. Maxim's just an excellent MC, and they do a good job paying tribute to Keith with a funky silhouette thing & recorded vocals when they play Firestarter. They'd make a great Other stage headliner.