2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

4 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

Second question of the day from me (sorry), this time on international tickets.

Ticket info site says:

UK Tickets can be purchased with a UK debit card or Visa or Mastercard credit cards.

International Tickets can only be bought by Visa credit card or Mastercard credit card.

I'm interpreting this as meaning that if 1 of the 6 in your group lives abroad (and is registered with a foreign post code), you'd need to use a credit card for the whole transaction to go through, as the international ticket requires a credit card payment.

OR, do we think a UK debit card is OK for all tickets and the point being made is that non-UK debit cards can't be used?

Essentially, can you use a UK debit card to buy a mix of UK and international tickets in one transaction?!

All depends on who the first reg number is. If they’re UK then use debit. If they’re not then use credit. The other 5 people are irrelevant.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 12:11 PM, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

Tried to condense the basics into an episode 

Good podcast but you mentioned 4 tickets max for the coach sale. Can people confirm if that's the case? I'm trying for coach tickets this time and I thought it was 6. There's 5 of us in the group and if it's indeed 4 max, there will be a very awkward conversation to be had before Thursday.

2 minutes ago, JoeSchmo said:

Good podcast but you mentioned 4 tickets max for the coach sale. Can people confirm if that's the case? I'm trying for coach tickets this time and I thought it was 6. There's 5 of us in the group and if it's indeed 4 max, there will be a very awkward conversation to be had before Thursday.

Its 6 for normal sale and 4 for resale 

• Like 1

Hoping for a bit of reassurance here following what I've read about multiple people trying from the same household etc. There will be three of us in the same ticket group trying from the same household - do you think it is likely that we'll end up on the 60+requests per minute landing page of doom (say if we're all manually refreshing every 2-3 seconds)? My strategy is to have my phone on my 4G mobile data connection and laptop on WiFi. I'm just a bit concerned about all of us trying on the same WiFi connection? Any strategy ideas, anyone?

Edited by glast0gal
Clarity

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

Are you sure it had multiple routers and not just multiple WiFi access points? If you pay one single bill for internet access then you likely have one router and therefore one IP between you.

A simple check is to go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ from the different access points and see if you have the same IP.

When I go onto my settings and look at the IP address they are all different but will try your link above, Thanks!

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

Are you sure it had multiple routers and not just multiple WiFi access points? If you pay one single bill for internet access then you likely have one router and therefore one IP between you.

A simple check is to go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ from the different access points and see if you have the same IP.

Interesting - so when I go into my settings I see that the 3/4 routers have different IP address but when I use your link its all the same 

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

All depends on who the first reg number is. If they’re UK then use debit. If they’re not then use credit. The other 5 people are irrelevant.

So even if I am abroad meaning they potentially may identify my location as outside the UK by the IP, with my reg info being address in UK, I can use an UK debit card?

Not clear for me if they consider "International Tickets" using the info in the registration or detected location.

55 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

With an auto refresh extension. Does it continue to refresh if you get through? Concerned that auto refresh might throw me out. 

Your autorefresh will continue to fire unless you stop it manually or are using a tool that can stop when it detects the presence of a particular word on the page returned.

In either circumstance it is not a great problem as the registration page will stay with you even if it refreshed for the duration of your 5 minute session. It's important to stop it before you add any reg details though as these would be lost if entered before a further refresh requiring re-entry.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, glast0gal said:

Hoping for a bit of reassurance here following what I've read about multiple people trying from the same household etc. There will be three of us in the same ticket group trying from the same household - do you think it is likely that we'll end up on the 60+requests per minute landing page of doom (say if we're all manually refreshing every 2-3 seconds)? My strategy is to have my phone on my 4G mobile data connection and laptop on WiFi. I'm just a bit concerned about all of us trying on the same WiFi connection? Any strategy ideas, anyone?

The best/safest strategy is to have as many devices as you can on different connections, and therefore different IP addresses eg. 1st laptop on wifi, 2nd laptop on /5G mobile hotspot, 3rd laptop on another 4/5G hotspot etc.

The true risk to folks using shared wifi is not fully known but it is likely that separate devices on shared wifi are actually seen as different connections by See (even though using same IP address...) and that the risk of breaching the limit is therefore mitigated.

Safest approach is above, or a mix at best.

21 minutes ago, glasto360 said:

So even if I am abroad meaning they potentially may identify my location as outside the UK by the IP, with my reg info being address in UK, I can use an UK debit card?

Not clear for me if they consider "International Tickets" using the info in the registration or detected location.

They use your reg address. If you're registered at a UK address but happen to be on holiday on ticket day, you're not "international" and can use a UK debit card.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

What's the deal with different browsers? I used separate browsers on one connection last year and they were treated differently. (one got through, others busy page).

Personally I’d be sticking to one browser 1 tab . Doesn’t matter which one … most of my success is with safari but that’s anecdotal 

Any chance someone explain the pages you can expect to see if you are successful? It's been a while since I got through myself.

IE: Holding page (F5, F5, F5), then registration details page, then a payments screen. Any specific errors to watch out for and how to deal with them? IE press back and don't refresh? 

Trying to lay down some instructions for my group.  

6 minutes ago, rob.a said:

Any chance someone explain the pages you can expect to see if you are successful? It's been a while since I got through myself.

IE: Holding page (F5, F5, F5), then registration details page, then a payments screen. Any specific errors to watch out for and how to deal with them? IE press back and don't refresh? 

I have heard on here before it’s better to click back and forth rather than refresh if you get stuck.

The main failures will likely be beyond your control or come at the payment screen I think 

33 minutes ago, rob.a said:

Pretty much as you describe apart from there is a page after reg details that confirms the names etc of the regs entered....there might be a confirmation tick box on there but otherwise it's proceed to payment.

Note that's for GA tickets on Sunday.....Coach tickets obvs has other pages to choose departures etc 

Edited by parsonjack

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Pretty much as you describe apart from there is a page after reg details that confirms the names etc of the regs entered....there might be a confirmation tick box on there but otherwise it's proceed to payment.

Note that's for GA tickets on Sunday.....Coach tickets obvs has other pages to choose departures etc 

33 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I have heard on here before it’s better to click back and forth rather than refresh if you get stuck.

The main failures will likely be beyond your control or come at the payment screen I think 

Thank you. Mostly as I thought. 

37 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

The ticket buying process is on this page

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2024-ticket-sale-faq/

I was looking at this the other day and it's missing a step is it not? The first choice you have to make when booking coach is Wednesday or Thursday - or at least it has been before?

28 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

I was looking at this the other day and it's missing a step is it not? The first choice you have to make when booking coach is Wednesday or Thursday - or at least it has been before?

Yes.....the https://glastonbury.seetickets.com page will change at 1800 on Thursday to show links to choose between Wednesday or Thursday departures. Once you make that choice you're then into the F5, F5, F5 world before getting the reg details page up 🤞

8 hours ago, t0paz said:

I kind of have a similar situation...

I have family in Australia who will be trying to secure tickets for myself and my wife (we are in the UK)

If the Aussies manage to get through to buy tickets for us, should they use their own payment card (Australian) or will they need to use my debit card to pay for them? 

Thanks 🙂

Question for the technical boss out there and apologies if this is being dumb...

Just looked up the IP address for Glastonbury.seetickets.com and it only came back with one result while seetickets.com main site came back with 4 results. See images below...

I was assuming the glasto ip would have a range of IP addresses to load balance on T day. 

1. Am I missing something?

2. Can we infer anything from this. I.e some sort of advantage?

Screenshot_20231030-201940.png

Screenshot_20231030-201921.png

15 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Question for the technical boss out there and apologies if this is being dumb...

Just looked up the IP address for Glastonbury.seetickets.com and it only came back with one result while seetickets.com main site came back with 4 results. See images below...

I was assuming the glasto ip would have a range of IP addresses to load balance on T day. 

1. Am I missing something?

2. Can we infer anything from this. I.e some sort of advantage?

Screenshot_20231030-201940.png

Screenshot_20231030-201921.png

That IP belongs to Microsoft Azure cloud services, they are presumably acting as a traffic limiter and routing the requests to See's servers. Or hosting the full system during the sale.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

That IP belongs to Microsoft Azure cloud services, they are presumably acting as a traffic limiter and routing the requests to See's servers. Or hosting the full system during the sale.

Thank you. So does that mean they could then redistribute you to one of a number of up addresses that are hidden behind this one?

I'm wondering whether it's worth updating my host file so that it has this IP address in. I know it doesn't make much difference anyhow but it's all about marginal gains!