2024 Wishlist

Punksnotdead

We've got the headliner thread, but what do you want to see next year? I've found these lists useful in previous years in finding new discoveries.

Just a few off the top of my head:

The Rural Alberta Advantage 

Craig Finn 

Laura Cantrell 

Jason Isbell 

Withered Hand

Bob Mould 

Edited by Punksnotdead

• 5 weeks later...
21 hours ago, allpointsnorth said:

Didn't EOTR used to send an email asking for sensible suggestions of who to play the festival? I don't recall seeing one this year?

Don't actually recall one any year! I remember there was a physical poll more than a decade ago canvassing how people might feel if the budget was largely blown on getting Tom Waits to headline at the expense of the the rest of the line-up, but that's it.

4 hours ago, rwa said:

PJ Harvey has been announced as headliner of Roskilde

Which is six times the size of EOTR. Can we stop thinking that because she's playing festivals next summer she's perfectly positioned to do this one, or am I once again going to have to spend the next few months reminding people that Gunnersbury Park is a) bigger than EOTR in capacity by itself and b) a Festival Republic event with the contractual restrictions that means (and even when those were worked round are the reason the hottest band on this year's bill had to be kept secret practically until they walked out on stage)?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Explosions in the Sky were wonderful last night in Manchester.  

A return would be most welcome from me 

The worst thing I’ve ever seen at EOTR in 13 visits. Also BCNR. NO!

Edited by paulwa
  • Like 1