Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

That's Stevie's Glasgow show pretty much sold out now and I'm sure the Manchester one will be as well so if she's playing Glastonbury she'll announce it next week. I had a look at the o2 priority and the cheapest seats were £177, the £86 ones were presumably held over till this morning for the general sale. £200 for the seats in the middle section, makes Glastonbury look very reasonable.

1 hour ago, FieldingGoodney said:

That's Stevie's Glasgow show pretty much sold out now and I'm sure the Manchester one will be as well so if she's playing Glastonbury she'll announce it next week. I had a look at the o2 priority and the cheapest seats were £177, the £86 ones were presumably held over till this morning for the general sale. £200 for the seats in the middle section, makes Glastonbury look very reasonable.

It does but none of it reasonably priced. The music market has gone to sh*t

21 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I just can’t see Stevie Nicks playing. I hope I’m wrong. 

7 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Still keep thinking about Chaka Khan's UK dates and the gaping GSH.  I mean, come on?  Surely??

Can't think of many acts of that sort of profile and position on the main stage who've been left off of the first poster.  At least not recently.

1 hour ago, FieldingGoodney said:

Those are some crazy prices. I really wish people would stop paying them though because whilst they sell out, they will keep doing it! I mean I got 2 for Taylor Swift for that price and at the time I bought them I had to think about it! 

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2024 at 7:18 PM, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Month after but reckon there’ll be some crossover. Hoping for English Teacher, The New Eves, Jockstrap (again lol), Future Island, Swim Deep, Marika Hackman and Vaccines

IMG_5726.jpeg

Think the vaccines could do the other stage opening again. Especially after last years snooze fest 

3 hours ago, Ncahir94 said:

Think the vaccines could do the other stage opening again. Especially after last years snooze fest 

Jesus, Ben Howard was so dull. Had the perfect slot and a huge crowd and decided to indulge himself by playing just his new stuff and nothing people actually knew

On 3/22/2024 at 4:08 PM, FieldingGoodney said:

It's £200 for the cheapest Manchester tickets. I love the woman however she can get to f**k at those prices.

I saw her as part of the full Fleetwood Mac lineup not that many years ago in Birmingham and the ticket prices were absolutely fine, must have been about £50 I reckon. What the hell has happened??

Gotta hope she comes to the festival now, im going to feel so smug if she does.

4 hours ago, bobsacamano said:

I saw her as part of the full Fleetwood Mac lineup not that many years ago in Birmingham and the ticket prices were absolutely fine, must have been about £50 I reckon. What the hell has happened??

Well I don't want to blame it all on the pandemic but it certainly didn't help.

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

Well I don't want to blame it all on the pandemic but it certainly didn't help.

Thing is, gigs are selling out comfortably at higher prices being a problem but also if they lowered the price a lot they aren't going to do worse...they made even be able to put more nights on which therefor also pushes them up the multiple nights ladder to be noticed. Not many acts that can charge and sell out at £150 will agree to do Glastonbury as some will be a one and day.

Yeah Stevie ain’t playing Glasto when she’s charging that, especially when money has been the issue with booking Fleetwood Mac previously. 

Have to commend the headliners especially Coldplay as they could make and charge much more at their own gigs and commend acts like Yungblud for putting his own festival on for only £50 where he’ll barely break even and bands like The Cure for pushing back against Ticketmaster. Doesn’t seem to be happening much though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Yeah Stevie ain’t playing Glasto when she’s charging that, especially when money has been the issue with booking Fleetwood Mac previously. 

Have to commend the headliners especially Coldplay as they could make and charge much more at their own gigs and commend acts like Yungblud for putting his own festival on for only £50 where he’ll barely break even and bands like The Cure for pushing back against Ticketmaster. Doesn’t seem to be happening much though. 

It's surprising as Nicks was supposedly all up for playing Glastonbury before. Coldplay probably aren't even taking a full fee either. As much as Glastonbury has it's many weaker points with Sunday top end being the worst I've seen, it could have been much worse.

If they booked Fender, Dave and Rihanna with Olivia taking the Reading money though or simply like stadium shows instead then my ticket would point towards to pot. It isn't often I'm interested in other stage headliners really but I don't think think year has any headliner on another stage any day I would actively watch. I do like to tick off the big option if I like or not seen them before but had interest. I can see my days coming to an end but I'd have still seen this year and wanted a ticket. Olivia I'm just going to try grab for Birmingham or London on twickets so her playing next year isn't even as bigger deal. 

On 3/24/2024 at 9:04 AM, northernangel said:

It's surprising as Nicks was supposedly all up for playing Glastonbury before. Coldplay probably aren't even taking a full fee either. As much as Glastonbury has it's many weaker points with Sunday top end being the worst I've seen, it could have been much worse.

If they booked Fender, Dave and Rihanna with Olivia taking the Reading money though or simply like stadium shows instead then my ticket would point towards to pot. It isn't often I'm interested in other stage headliners really but I don't think think year has any headliner on another stage any day I would actively watch. I do like to tick off the big option if I like or not seen them before but had interest. I can see my days coming to an end but I'd have still seen this year and wanted a ticket. Olivia I'm just going to try grab for Birmingham or London on twickets so her playing next year isn't even as bigger deal. 

One man rubbish is another mans gold. To me that is the perfect Glastonbury headline trio. Ticks every box. A bump up, a superstar, a female, an urban act, rock n roll, pop...something for (almost) everyone.

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

One man rubbish is another mans gold. To me that is the perfect Glastonbury headline trio. Ticks every box. A bump up, a superstar, a female, an urban act, rock n roll, pop...something for (almost) everyone.

Of course, everyone is entitled to what they want, it just doesn't say nearly £400 regardless of what else is low down. I've seen so many bands now that there is only a few that would make that impact. Pulp and Cher would be my two big next year to look out for.

Who is the superstar though? I can seriously see it being those 3 as well. I think Dave and Fender are both primed and in position to that slot.

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Of course, everyone is entitled to what they want, it just doesn't say nearly £400 regardless of what else is low down. I've seen so many bands now that there is only a few that would make that impact. Pulp and Cher would be my two big next year to look out for.

Who is the superstar though? I can seriously see it being those 3 as well. I think Dave and Fender are both primed and in position to that slot.

I'm not sure if you're being facetious or not 🙂 Rihanna is one of the biggest popstars in the world.

Those three aren't necessarily all to my taste, I'd see Fender personally the other two not fussed. My point is that together they cover a huge demographic in musical taste whilst promoting diversity on the line up.

36 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I'm not sure if you're being facetious or not 🙂 Rihanna is one of the biggest popstars in the world.

Those three aren't necessarily all to my taste, I'd see Fender personally the other two not fussed. My point is that together they cover a huge demographic in musical taste whilst promoting diversity on the line up.

Not at all, last time Rihanna performed here, I believe her huge your was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales. Rihanna isn't the massive seller her that I would say puts her on superstar level.

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Hard to say if that counts them in or out, that's a long jaunt for either Fri or Sun? 

I think being subheadliner on a main stage last time will be what counts them out. They've not had any new material since so much as i love them I think it's a no chance on them being back.

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I think being subheadliner on a main stage last time will be what counts them out. They've not had any new material since so much as i love them I think it's a no chance on them being back.

More importantly, they know you've seen them recently and therefore they may not make the cut for your clashfinder, therefore why even bother?    😉

9 minutes ago, clarkete said:

More importantly, they know you've seen them recently and therefore they may not make the cut for your clashfinder, therefore why even bother?    😉

I think they are soooo good live they'd almost always make the cut!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, northernangel said:

Not at all, last time Rihanna performed here, I believe her huge your was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales. Rihanna isn't the massive seller her that I would say puts her on superstar level.

Neither of these statements is true. Her last tour was 2016, stadiums. I saw her at the Ricoh.