Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

37 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Christ almighty this is getting absolutely f**king ridiculous.

It wasn't a simple pointing out of someone's pronoun choice, it was a "how the f**k don't you know" and a don't disrespect all in one.

Surely you're not talking about my post?

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Surely you're not talking about my post?

Apologies if I misunderstood. 

Recently there was a great quote from Billie Eilish about why do people care what her sexuality is and why does it matter.

Same re Sam Smiths gender, I don't really care.

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

@ls2408 why the down vote?

Am I really expected to know and keep up with everyone's pronoun preference?

There are about 7 billion people on Earth

Of course not, I just felt that your reply was a bit sarcastic - apologies if it wasn’t! I’ve removed my down vote 🙂

Edited by ls2408

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The point is you not to know everyone's pronouns, because you cant.

The point is not to act like a pissy little bitch when they're pointed out to you.

Would be great if people didn't use language like "pissy bitch" trust me, As a woman who has been called bitch by haters, I find that really offensive.  Kind of renders your argument ironic. 

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Point noted.  But not gender-related in this usage. 

I get you didn't mean it to be gender related but bitch is always gender related and  probably the most harmful word I know. Worse than the c word (i am happy to say the word but know lots cant bare it) cos that has become so far from being gendered. I don't care about being called a c word. Other women will disagree with me. I know that. Never call me a bitch. That hurts. So don't call anyone a bitch. Even when saying to the other sex, cos it always feels female related.ie. bitch=sh*t woman.  Maybe hard to explain. I guess what i am saying is, it is a word which is used to abuse women and girls. We hate it. Thanks for noting and listening. I appreciate it CaledonianGonzo 

Pearl Jam just posted a video of them at Hyde Park saying a big hint to join Ten Club. Last time this meant you got exclusive tickets in the circle for about £65 to Hyde Park as members of the fan club. 

think I will be joining ten club again!

Unless you can just borrow someone else’s code?

Any ideas Pearl Jam fans?

4 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Pearl Jam just posted a video of them at Hyde Park saying a big hint to join Ten Club. Last time this meant you got exclusive tickets in the circle for about £65 to Hyde Park as members of the fan club. 

think I will be joining ten club again!

Unless you can just borrow someone else’s code?

Any ideas Pearl Jam fans?

I wouldn’t class myself as a big Pearl Jam fan but I went to one of their BST concerts in 2022 and managed to get golden circle type tickets via their Ten Club without being a member.

I can’t quite remember how I managed it, whether it was via a presale, a glitch on the BST website or just an attempt by Pearl Jam to sell as many tickets as possible (especially as the concerts were postponed shows from 2021 and so they likely had an indication on demand from the sales from the previous year). Sorry, not particularly helpful but hopefully possible again and others may have experienced the same and remember more of the detail.