Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

15 minutes ago, goonerben said:

Avril Lavigne's tour dates, plus the recent policy of booking people like Carly Rae Jepsen, make her very likely IMO.  I also wonder if there might be some Lavigne/Rodrigo coming together - both sets of dates have a suspicious hole around Glastonbury, and they are known mutual admirers.

The only thing with the Avril dates is that it could be a situation where she is supporting BST or something a la Pink and Gwen last year. Dates looked like a lock on but actually it was just making the most of the trip. Although Gwen ended up shelving almost all of her shows and her tickets ended up on seatfiller sites. 

Quick scan of Hellfest, and the following all look like names that could (or have already) played Glastonbury:

Dropkick Murphys, Enter Shikari, Baby Metal, Tom Morello, Prodigy, Wargasm, Body Count, Extreme, Mr Bungle, Heart, Nova Twins, Frank Carter, Rival Sons, Offspring, Corey Taylor plus a few potential Earache Express jobs.

26 minutes ago, Krisesk said:

Way sooner than I expected to see Arcade Fire back. Interested to see the reaction to them.

They didn't go away though.  They continued to tour throughout 2022 then headlined a festival in Spain and a festival in Portugal in the summer this year and played Festival in Mexico less than a fortnight ago. 

I guess it is self selecting, in that, people who are bothered by it aren't there and those that either don't know or are okay with it are the people in the audience...and there are enough of them to continue to headline festivals.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Screenshot_20231128_114400_X.thumb.jpg.4ccac7e921908fad02a2dd015bdd2f92.jpg

If Sam Smith is playing Glastonbury, this rules him out of Sunday, probably makes tge Friday the most likely.

The Streets and IDLES as well.  Would have thought they were pretty likely to feature on the Glasto lineup - sort of paints them into playing Friday if at all.

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If it was in the UK, I'd be more than happy to bin off Glastonbury for it. Looks like it's a lot of fun from videos I've seen.

100%. Metal festivals are my favourite. We've probably discussed it on here, but there's something about being part of that often maligned subculture that seems to galvanise everyone. Makes for a great atmosphere and sense of community. Glastonbury has that too, to a certain degree, but not as much overall

5 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

The Streets and IDLES as well.  Would have thought they were pretty likely to feature on the Glasto lineup - sort of paints them into playing Friday if at all.

Is the "Pilton Party means they are playing Glasto next year" thing still a thing?  If so, that would seem to count The Streets and Arlo Parks in for Glastonbury 2024.  

32 minutes ago, dumski said:

that is so right up my street.  Almost too busy already!

and I have 2 festvals already in for next year.  Might have to see what the weather is doing nearer the time . . . .🤔

We went to mucky for the first time this year and it’s a quality little festival but didn’t have any intention of going back this year, until now! 

We’ll have to see.

59 minutes ago, eatingglitter said:

The only thing with the Avril dates is that it could be a situation where she is supporting BST or something a la Pink and Gwen last year. Dates looked like a lock on but actually it was just making the most of the trip. Although Gwen ended up shelving almost all of her shows and her tickets ended up on seatfiller sites. 

My girlfriend is extremely excited about seeing Avril as she grew up listening to her and has never had the chance, and I've got to admit I'm also looking forward to it! Going to get Manchester tickets on Friday then see what happens with our Glastonbury ticket situation, whether she plays and whether she clashes

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

100%. Metal festivals are my favourite. We've probably discussed it on here, but there's something about being part of that often maligned subculture that seems to galvanise everyone. Makes for a great atmosphere and sense of community. Glastonbury has that too, to a certain degree, but not as much overall

I love metal, but tbh I found an entire festival of it just a bit too much. Obviously loads of sub genres and styles, but overall there wasn't the variety that I want from a fest.

Having said that, Hellfest looks crazy good and I'd be willing to give my theory a test...