Green Man 2024

bexj

21 minutes ago, WillEds said:

Fiona Stewart’s son, Ben Coleman is the booker and creative director for Glasto and Green Man. Not sure exactly which stages but Glasto must have a considerable size team.

Didn't know about the personnel but knew there was a link there, just makes me think why both of them are so heavily delayed with it being a similar team across both festivals. 

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

They've been pretty open about who they can afford in the past, I feel like Vampire Weekend would be one of those acts but you never know, it was a shock when End of the Road booked them but I know there were certain circumstances there.

Very interesting, do you know the circumstances out of interest?

41 minutes ago, CRxece_ said:

Didn't know about the personnel but knew there was a link there, just makes me think why both of them are so heavily delayed with it being a similar team across both festivals. 

Glastonbury line up has never been released before March (albeit a headliner is sometimes announced on a standalone basis before now). 

Exactly!  Glastonbury isn't delayed at all - and I'm not sure that Green Man is particularly late either.  Neither have to rush - they are both sold out.  Its nice, but not essential, for us punters to have the line up months in advance, and it makes no sense to rush a line-up from a festival's perspective unless they have tickets to sell.

Patience!

2 hours ago, bandsrcool said:

Very interesting, do you know the circumstances out of interest?

From what I can remember, I think it was something like the band had said they'd headline back in 2013/2014 during the Vampires of the City tour but had to cancel before they were announced. So they did 2018 as a "favour"/small warm up before their big return. 

Might be wrong but that's what I remember hearing at the time.

• Upvote 1

My final prediction for headliners is Jesus and Mary Chain, Big Thief, Pixies and PJ Harvey.  

They might not  be able to afford pixies and pj harvey but I can't think of anyone else who is the right size, free that weekend and doesn't charge a fortune to perform. A surprise headliner that is nowhere else is the dream though.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, OddRon said:

My final prediction for headliners is Jesus and Mary Chain, Big Thief, Pixies and PJ Harvey.  

They might not  be able to afford pixies and pj harvey but I can't think of anyone else who is the right size, free that weekend and doesn't charge a fortune to perform. A surprise headliner that is nowhere else is the dream though.

The Decemberists seem quite nailed on to me at this point 

Edited by lessthanwill1

4 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Funny seeing references to my clashfinder on social media as being some sort of inadvertent leak 😂 

Haha I keep seeing people smuggly post it to people in comments on facebook saying 'it's out already'. 

14 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

The Decemberists seem quite nailed on to me at this point 

Not too familiar with them outside of Parks and Rec cameo, I'll give them a listen. Would be fun to get someone like them that isn't in the UK too often. 

5 hours ago, bexj said:

Exactly!  Glastonbury isn't delayed at all - and I'm not sure that Green Man is particularly late either.  Neither have to rush - they are both sold out.  Its nice, but not essential, for us punters to have the line up months in advance, and it makes no sense to rush a line-up from a festival's perspective unless they have tickets to sell.

Patience!

Indeed, if there was a green man thingy, it would say there is indeed a pattern and the pattern for the last few years has been to release the lineup on st David’s day. So it is bang on time 

28 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

Indeed, if there was a green man thingy, it would say there is indeed a pattern and the pattern for the last few years has been to release the lineup on st David’s day. So it is bang on time 

Point of order: this will be the second time they've announced on St David's Day, and we don't know if last year's was delayed by the lack of a Saturday headliner. In 2022 it was on February 10th, and before that (obviously 2021 was different) it was in January, though the 2022 festival was the first time it sold out within a day.

3 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

Dammit… I thought it had been several now!! When they released the first lineup in January did they do a second one on March 1st?

Actually yes, the second announcements between 2016 and 2019 were all March 1st going by this site's news updates (though they were a month late with 2022's first announcement so don't take that as gospel)

8 hours ago, Long Season said:

could grace jones be a surprise 'heritage' style headliner? aware her only dates thus far are a way before greenman

Would be better than pretty much any other touted headliner so far imo, but she isnt really a very green man booking so would say probably not. 

she literally never misses though live and is one of the last truly great living legends that arent too big for something like green man.

• Upvote 1

Porij have liked a few GM Instagram posts lately, hoping they're on the line up as have debut album out and were great in 2022. 

Hadn't listened to Alvvays in years and started getting back into them a few weeks ago based on some of the rumours on here...only to be left disappointed 😂.

My super-wildcard-will-never-happen-but-wish-it-would: Nick Cave/Colin Greenwood Solo Set 😆