Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

1 hour ago, WhatADin said:

I think we're due a Pulp and a Florence. I'd love to see KoL again. 

However, this year just gone was one of the weakest in terms of the lineup so far, but was actually by far my favourite year so far. 

I think it's 3 of KOL, Noel, Pulp and FATM with Pulp and Noel being fairly likely. Noel isn't at IOW, he's done Glastonbury, he won't be at Reading and he's done Latitude. So a mix of the superstruck set makes sense.

On 11/7/2023 at 11:33 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

It would be a big get, given they headlined R+L this year, were in stadiums last year and topped Glastonbury before that.

But now The Killers have confirmed they'll be active in the UK, that would be a very strong catch for this.

perhaps more likely for Boardmasters - their headline slot is generally a bit more prestigious

Killers were here late summer for R&L this year, I reckon they will be about mainly in the early summer this year tbh. own shows + trnsmt has my money

10 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I can never quite tell how big Boardmasters is as a pull. The days where half-a-dozen festivals looked to have a clear hierarchy over the rest of the field are long gone. (As are some of those festivals, to be fair.)

It would be a push for either of them i think, but based on boardmasters past more likely for them

Isn't boardmasters owned by all these scandi fests that keep getting Fred Again and Pulp?

Edited by gfa

On 11/7/2023 at 9:41 PM, WhatADin said:

However, this year just gone was one of the weakest in terms of the lineup so far, but was actually by far my favourite year so far. 

Totally agree. Me and the other half were tempted to bin the weekend off at one point but I'm glad we didn't. Was definetly the best year so far even without a better line up. It was so much better organised than previous years. Easier to move around, faster and shorter queues than normal.

Ended on the Sunday with Johnny Marr right at the back on the hill - barely anyone there - it was perfect.

As for next year I'd say Pulp are a definite. My dream would be Muse headlining on Sunday - but maybe we still a few more years away from that. Foals and Wolf Alice headlining Castle/Main would be something else too.

20 minutes ago, Quiksylver said:

Totally agree. Me and the other half were tempted to bin the weekend off at one point but I'm glad we didn't. Was definetly the best year so far even without a better line up. It was so much better organised than previous years. Easier to move around, faster and shorter queues than normal.

Ended on the Sunday with Johnny Marr right at the back on the hill - barely anyone there - it was perfect.

As for next year I'd say Pulp are a definite. My dream would be Muse headlining on Sunday - but maybe we still a few more years away from that. Foals and Wolf Alice headlining Castle/Main would be something else too.

Hah! We were probably sat right next to you for Johnny Marr. 😄 

3 hours ago, Quiksylver said:

Muse seem like a sensible next step up to me. More likely than The Killers anyway I think

I don't think they are about though - that would be the key issue!

I’m a newcomer to victorious I’ve been to the last 3 festivals and really really enjoyed it.Pulp I think would be a perfect fit and I would love to see KOL but I see them playing BST.I saw Noel on Brighton beach this summer and I have to say he was phenomenal which in turn I got tickets for Wembley next month to see him.So I think Noel would be perfect.But I think nobody’s saw Jk or Mumford bookings coming this year.So I think they may go with someone nobody will be expecting.A shot in the dark Chemical Brothers 

I just came in to mention Pixies, surely they HAVE to have got them finally. With a UK date Wednesday, 2 days before the Friday of Victorious. 

And it's far enough away as well.

I see Ashcroft is also playing that same venue. The start of August, so he's about. 

Also interestingly Fatboy Slim is playing that venue the Saturday of Victorious. That MIGHT rule him out

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah could certainly sub/headline the 2nd stage based on previous years

Honestly they're big enough to headline main stage, depending on who they can get next year and who is actually available. The bookers are big old school fest fans and they might see them big enough to headline main and whack a pop act on castle. 

I saw Pixies headline Reading in 2005. They were bloody amazing just look at that line up though...

They don't make them like that anymore

Reading-2005 (1).jpg

10 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Honestly they're big enough to headline main stage, depending on who they can get next year and who is actually available. The bookers are big old school fest fans and they might see them big enough to headline main and whack a pop act on castle. 

I saw Pixies headline Reading in 2005. They were bloody amazing just look at that line up though...

They don't make them like that anymore

Reading-2005 (1).jpg

I don’t know enough about them but are they bigger than Suede?

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

I don’t know enough about them but are they bigger than Suede?

It's not always about that, sometimes it's about who's available and who is willing to play what slot. 

The fact they're a US act who isn't always available (although they have toured UK more in recent years, they used to be a HUGE rarity) throws more to the equation.

They could also play the early special slot as sometimes Victorious throws some right big acts in there don't they. But I doubt they would play that slot. 

Go give Doolittle album a listen, one of my all-time favourite albums.

Pixies would be very cool.  This will be my 1st Victorious and 1st time going to a festival as a family.  Have to say I find this page really cool and the discussions about who may or may not be playing fascinating. 🤔 

The chemical bros, Noel G & Florence would be perfect headliners for my family