Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

After what I think has been the best year yet , next year will be the 10th edition so perhaps the bar raises again?

one chnage to 2024 is the cmaping at farlington now requires £35.00 plus BF to use the park and ride bus which is a bit of a joke

Music Wise it would be nice for them to go for an overseas act perhaps like Kings of Leon? failing that european like the strokes or the Hives.....

Uk wise, would Muse be out of the question? and be nice to finally get Richard Ashcroft there on the castle stage

Everybody, what are your thoughts?

It really was the best year so far. Every single grumble we've had in previous years had been addressed. The food prices were high this year and there were a few vendors I would have liked to have seen that didn't appear, but tbh it wasn't a huge issue. It was also the first year I've not left the site to pop to Sainsburys or anything.

We've already bought our early birds, and some of of our mates bought them on the way in on Friday. I'd love to see the 1975 (although unlikely) and maybe an American act or two. 

Also, not to be pedantic but the first festival was in 2012  so it'll *technically* be its 12th anniversary/11th event. But hopefully it's smashed it out of the park this year so we can get even bigger things as we go. 😄

Edited by WhatADin

13 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

It really was the best year so far. Every single grumble we've had in previous years had been addressed. The food prices were high this year and there were a few vendors I would have liked to have seen that didn't appear, but tbh it wasn't a huge issue. It was also the first year I've not left the site to pop to Sainsburys or anything.

We've already bought our early birds, and some of of our mates bought them on the way in on Friday. I'd love to see the 1975 (although unlikely) and maybe an American act or two. 

Also, not to be pedantic but the first festival was in 2012  so it'll *technically* be its 12th anniversary/11th event. But hopefully it's smashed it out of the park this year so we can get even bigger things as we go. 😄

Hahaha i dont know how to change the subject title now!! will have to leave as 10th

Like many others on this page, I've been to the festival every year (Covid, aside) since its inception, and this year's was definitely one of my best.

I'm useless at guessing line-ups, but I've bought my weekend ticket for 2024 and will enjoy following this topic over the next few months.

I absolutely loved this years festival. Sunday certainly seemed busiest of the days but didn't seem as bad as last years Sunday. Stayed in Uni halls (Greetham) for the first time this year too and can't fault them. Only issue I found was it was loud outside throughout the night. Still...much more preferable than camping! 

Looking forward to finding out next years line up before I make my decision on a full weekend or the cheeky day ticket or 2. 

Victorious definitely improved on a lot and I was happy with all the improvements…..So Thanks Victorious Team. Toliets, Bars, Queues etc so much better. Phone signal much better.

improvements that could be made:

screens outside comedy tent….would of loved to seen the stage.

food and drink prices were steep…soft drinks ranged from £1.75 - £3.50. And £8 for a tiny portion of cheesy chips which were cold. (However the skatepark did piping hot ones, twice the size for £5? - they were much cheaper)

The park & ride prices at £35 per person was a joke, and forced people to look for cheaper parking in city centre.

The camping prices for the shuttle seem odd! Not that I use camping, but it’s cheaper for my family to buy camping tickets and use local buses than standard tickets.

anyhow, should get seaside stage - bandstand back this year, so more space x

9 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Victorious definitely improved on a lot and I was happy with all the improvements…..So Thanks Victorious Team. Toliets, Bars, Queues etc so much better. Phone signal much better.

improvements that could be made:

screens outside comedy tent….would of loved to seen the stage.

food and drink prices were steep…soft drinks ranged from £1.75 - £3.50. And £8 for a tiny portion of cheesy chips which were cold. (However the skatepark did piping hot ones, twice the size for £5? - they were much cheaper)

The park & ride prices at £35 per person was a joke, and forced people to look for cheaper parking in city centre.

The camping prices for the shuttle seem odd! Not that I use camping, but it’s cheaper for my family to buy camping tickets and use local buses than standard tickets.

anyhow, should get seaside stage - bandstand back this year, so more space x

I am wondering if it would be cheaper to use Uber there and back every day and there will be a group of 4 of us. Got to be cheaper than £140 for 4 of us to use the shuttle buses! Then it kind of flies in the face that they are trying to be greener lol

8 minutes ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

I am wondering if it would be cheaper to use Uber there and back every day and there will be a group of 4 of us. Got to be cheaper than £140 for 4 of us to use the shuttle buses! Then it kind of flies in the face that they are trying to be greener lol

We Uber priority on the final morning (about 11.30)

we live near the campsite. Took a while, about 20mins to accept, 10mins to arrive.

cost us £18….normally about £13/£14 to get to Southsea x

• Like 1

Didn’t go this year as line up didn’t suit for the money I’d have to spend - ticket, VIP (I’m old and unfit!) and accommodation but it’s pleasing to hear that many of the gripes had been addressed. Must say £7+ for a pint seems scary though.

I’ll see what they come up with. Maybe they could splash out on The Killers with perhaps Fontaines DC as a more contemporary headliner. Would like to see Blondie and The Pretenders as a couple of legendary bands fronted by women although think they are probably sub/3rd on the bill level.

Does anyone know the capacity limit for the festival? I’m sure I had read somewhere it was 60,000 however Marcus Mumford on stage clearly stated 80,000 were in attendance.

I do think the festival’s ambitions are ever increasing and that Mumford & Sons were their first legit A list booking (they headlined Mad Cool and others this summer for example) and thus we will see more bookings at that level moving forward. I know Sam Fender was a big ticket mover last year but when they originally booked him in Dec 2021 I’m not sure he was yet the A list act he became by the time he played.

1 hour ago, more matey said:

Does anyone know the capacity limit for the festival? I’m sure I had read somewhere it was 60,000 however Marcus Mumford on stage clearly stated 80,000 were in attendance.

I do think the festival’s ambitions are ever increasing and that Mumford & Sons were their first legit A list booking (they headlined Mad Cool and others this summer for example) and thus we will see more bookings at that level moving forward. I know Sam Fender was a big ticket mover last year but when they originally booked him in Dec 2021 I’m not sure he was yet the A list act he became by the time he played.

It was about 73,000 in 2021 https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/business/victorious-festival-generated-ps155m-for-portsmouths-economy-new-report-shows-3579470

I think 2022 was higher but mostly because of the fence jumping/gate rushing.

I heard that there were a few fake wristbands going around as well this weekend, but 80k with the larger site doesn't sound too far fetched. I doube they were all watching Mumford though. I certainly wasn't. lol

I hope 2024 will down in the history I would love to see more I went this Yr my god I loved it my kids enjoyed themselves so much they can't wait to go back next Yr  we meet the lionesses and they said they was loving the festival and hope to be there next Yr maybe have another football team  there my hubby was running one of the mc&chesse stands  they are there every Yr, please can we get more famous people their this Yr I would love to see  guns and roses , Lewis capaldi, Linkin Park,  snow patrol get rag and bone man back pink Billie English ect just some  I would love to see play there all  over the 3 day weekend to mark your 10th edition, maybe the beer prices can be lowered I mean 30.00 for bottle of wine but either way it was fantastic can not wait till next Yr will it be the same dates ?? Just so I can book it of work now 😂

Just filled out the survey for this year and in the next years artists section went with

Kings of Leon (first US headliner)
Foals (been a while and are still big)
Liam Gallagher (matter of time surely)
Strokes (If not US headliner then Europe)
Muse (if not US or Europe then surely A list UK acts following on from Mumford)

On 8/29/2023 at 10:57 AM, s30foster said:

I absolutely loved this years festival. Sunday certainly seemed busiest of the days but didn't seem as bad as last years Sunday. Stayed in Uni halls (Greetham) for the first time this year too and can't fault them. Only issue I found was it was loud outside throughout the night. Still...much more preferable than camping! 

Looking forward to finding out next years line up before I make my decision on a full weekend or the cheeky day ticket or 2. 

not if you were on 15 floor it was not loud lol