Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

54 minutes ago, retrokev said:

why are so many people moaning about price? this was always a cheap 2 day fest with some huge names  for money and funded by council. we are on 3 day now and prices rising but still cheaper than other fests. it also has a tier and paayment plan meaning you can get at cheapest price and at £55 a day is still a huge bargain.

As far as I can tell almost a year away from the event the cheapest day ticket is £71.50 and the cheapest weekend ticket is £ 194.40 inclusive of fees. I appreciate they were cheaper for a week after the event but many people won’t book until they know at least some of the line up as the weekend clashes with other major festivals.

Not everyone lives locally I’m afraid so transport and/or accommodation costs have to be taken into account.

I still like this Festival as in general it caters for my taste but it is a long way away from being the cheap Festival it was not too long ago.

3 hours ago, retrokev said:

why are so many people moaning about price? this was always a cheap 2 day fest with some huge names  for money and funded by council. we are on 3 day now and prices rising but still cheaper than other fests. it also has a tier and paayment plan meaning you can get at cheapest price and at £55 a day is still a huge bargain.

Mine is actually not a moan, but a hope with the increase in ticket prices, we may see some bigger headliners this year. As I have already bought tickets. Although I do understand for some people the increase will make them think twice about coming.

4 hours ago, retrokev said:

Yes, but it used to be free!

I can see how the price could put off non-locals, once you start adding on accommodation and transport it could be cheaper (or less hassle) to go to a different fest with on site camping/parking.

6 hours ago, retrokev said:

For locals who will go whatever maybe.  Not many are booking hotels, tickets etc… at increased prices without knowing there’s acts on that you want.  It’s not a Glasto where there’s lots to do so the music doesn’t overly matter

21 hours ago, retrokev said:

It was 2 and a half days until this year, when it became 3 full days not not that much extra tbh. I paid £120 plus fees in 2021, yet in 2024 it will be £260 so there is a huge price jump in a few short years and to me personally I haven't seen a huge jump in the quality of the line up. Using the payment plans jumps the cost up even more as far as I am aware (it has been in previous years). Victorious, while a good festival, is not even on par with other main stream festivals yet (hardly anyone even knows it exists), plus the campsite is hardly in a convenient place to go back to in the middle of the day to chill out. I am not local so wouldn't even contemplate doing just a day - it's not worth it. 

Edited by Bubblepopelectric

1 hour ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

It was 2 and a half days until this year, when it became 3 full days not not that much extra tbh. I paid £120 plus fees in 2021, yet in 2024 it will be £260 so there is a huge price jump in a few short years and to me personally I haven't seen a huge jump in the quality of the line up. Using the payment plans jumps the cost up even more as far as I am aware (it has been in previous years). Victorious, while a good festival, is not even on par with other main stream festivals yet (hardly anyone even knows it exists), plus the campsite is hardly in a convenient place to go back to in the middle of the day to chill out. I am not local so wouldn't even contemplate doing just a day - it's not worth it. 

Agree on lack of increase in quality.  This year was probably the worst line up since I started to attend in 2016.  The headliners (well, Kasabian and Mumford) were a step up, but everything from 2nd act down was less good than previous years in terms of quality.  I am hoping it was just a bad year and increase in price allows them to get acts like Pulp. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

People up here (Sheffield) have moaned last couple of years about the price increasing for Tramlines but at £100 (2nd Early Bird) it is a lot less than Victorious.  Quite surprising the difference considering they are both Superstruct with similar line ups.

Tramlines was headlined by Richard Ashcroft and Paul Heaton (not even with jacqui abbott!) - far smaller headliners

22 hours ago, Simsy said:

Yes, but it used to be free!

I can see how the price could put off non-locals, once you start adding on accommodation and transport it could be cheaper (or less hassle) to go to a different fest with on site camping/parking.

yes and i went when free but look at fest now to what it was and calibre of acts we have had. i go iow and that is more money and for me victorious get better acts through whole day.this year was only time i felt undercard was weak

20 hours ago, sisco said:

For locals who will go whatever maybe.  Not many are booking hotels, tickets etc… at increased prices without knowing there’s acts on that you want.  It’s not a Glasto where there’s lots to do so the music doesn’t overly matter

not local and have to book digs and glasto different to any fest. just think it is still worth its money and people had it good when £25 a day. i book iow and victorious both on early bird without a line up ,but thats just me i suppose as will always find act i like  or food break ,chat or walkaround if not.

5 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

so i payed £317.20 for two weekend tickets with fees early bird .thats  £158.60 each ticket. 

43 minutes ago, gfa said:

Tramlines was headlined by Richard Ashcroft and Paul Heaton (not even with jacqui abbott!) - far smaller headliners

Prices and tickets released before the acts though.  Don't think there is that much disparity between the line ups at the two festivals and many acts are shared. 

Tramlines last year was Fender, Kasabian and Madness which was strong.  I do think Victorious's second stage headliners are usually stronger though.

6 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Prices and tickets released before the acts though.  Don't think there is that much disparity between the line ups at the two festivals and many acts are shared. 

Tramlines last year was Fender, Kasabian and Madness which was strong.  I do think Victorious's second stage headliners are usually stronger though.

Sam Fender blew up massively after getting booked and Madness really aren't that big.

Victorious is booking considerably larger lineups imo

13 minutes ago, retrokev said:

2021  was 170 with camping

11 minutes ago, retrokev said:

and now 195? .you expect tickets to go up between a fiver and tenner each year

seems pretty fair to me - this is only to july 2023 not to august 2024 too which is when they'd likely spend most of the ££image.thumb.png.6c1f3c77e4d8244fd926f65977b97342.png

I’ve mentioned before, but my group of friends and family have a completely different taste in music to what Victorious used to offer. We are more Dance/Pop with a bit of well known chart indie or rock. Normally there was only 1 or 2 acts we would really want to see, but most of the time, we were not overly bothered with the line up. (Don’t get me wrong, we still enjoyed ourselves, but it was not about the music line up) Yet booked tickets every year on early bird tier one for the full weekend.

By 2017, prices were creeping up, drink and food prices were high, trying to get home after festival on public transport was chaos. (Locals so no hotels needed) Most of us have been going since it was free, so it may not have been a lot of money in 2017, but it was a lot more than in 2011. We felt paying all that money for the whole weekend for a handful of acts was not worth it. So that year we waited for the line up to be announced and went for one day only.

The day we didn’t go, being local, it was a nightmare. Our local supermarket is the Sainsburys next to campsite. It honestly looked raided and was full of festival goers grabbing bacon, beers and burgers, and washing in the toilets. (Okay, should have gone somewhere else, but we honestly didn’t think about it at the time) we couldn’t head to Southsea, as all buses/pubs/car parks were rammed. Closed roads. Couldn’t invite friends and family down (as it was near my birthday) as all hotels were sold out. Couldn’t do a birthday night out as a lot of friends went to the festival……hence these days I’m back to buying a tier 1 weekend ticket, if I cant beat them, join them so they say 😉 (but I can see why a lot of locals get fed up with the growing size of the festival, it does really impact our area, although Victorious does give back a lot to the local area)

Since 2017, Victorious have definitely added more of the music me and my friends like. And we usually have a good 2-3 acts per day. And the comedy adds something different.

Anyhow if you’re still with me and not fallen asleep. I totally get people being hesitant over the jump in price. And it doesn’t matter if your local or not (although I totally get it’s double with hotels and transport)

It’s all about is there enough acts you really want to see to warrant paying out whatever you pay, and it’s that game of do you buy without knowing the line up!

I’m already going in 2024, tickets are bought, as I do enjoy the festival, but I’m hoping seeing the big increases will hopefully bring in a few big headliners….and at least one maybe what we like lol.

Edited by kelstar
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Sportball said:

Love this festival and been 3 times now despite living 3 hrs away.

Any tips for reasonably prices accommodation? Looking to book the Holiday Inn but they are after £330 a night so nearly £1000 all in.

We need a family room as bringing our 11yr old daughter

Maybe try and stay in a nearby town you could easily get public transport back to at the end of the night? not sure where that would be, but this is my go to tactic 🙂 

49 minutes ago, gfa said:

Maybe try and stay in a nearby town you could easily get public transport back to at the end of the night? not sure where that would be, but this is my go to tactic 🙂 

Is it easy to get public transport after the festival? It was bad enough getting back to the campsite. I was thinking of booking a hotel a little further north closer to Victoria Park but I would need transport.

40 minutes ago, Sportball said:

Is it easy to get public transport after the festival? It was bad enough getting back to the campsite. I was thinking of booking a hotel a little further north closer to Victoria Park but I would need transport.

I have not used public transport (Local buses & Taxis) for the last 2 years, if Im honest (But I have in years before).....I got my Dad to collect my family. As it was very long queues for buses and taxis. A lot of people suggest leaving before the end each day, otherwise its a wait from what I am told. Most of the locals will be heading the same way, onto buses, trains and taxis x

Edited by kelstar

2 hours ago, Sportball said:

TBH, it's not a super long walk to get to here. We walked from the site to Guildhall Walk with my 8 year old and caught a taxi. From there it's only a few minutes to Vicky Park. 

We live on the north of the island (not Cosham, Cosham isn't Portsmouth lol) and have done bus/taxi/train on a number of occasions. We always manage to get home ok in the end. I think the key, particularly with taxis/buses, where else you can get them from that's not too far too walk. Equally, there are so many people walking as well it' tends to be very safe vibe towards those areas.