Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

Stadiums and Victorious for oasis - yeah right mate 😂

Why are you chatting sh*t and making something into what was never there? 

17 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

I think if I had to choose one Band to get to Victorious if they are still going then would be Pulp!

fit the bill perfectly for a sunday night closer

Agreed, although it would be more Friday now, possibly Saturday. Been about 4/5 years since sunday was the kinda retro headliner.

Pulp and Liam on Friday and Sunday would be a great start though. Then a CBATB, Biffy Clyro, FATM would be my guess. Maybe The Chems as reckon Creamfields might have them back.

Edited by northernangel

Pulp would be the dream headliner for victorious, but likely bigger (and more expensive) than any previous headliner. 

Liam would be a good fit as discussed. 

Still think 1975 or Wet Leg could do the ‘newer band’ slot (although we did have exclusively nostalgia bands this year). 

5 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Pulp would be the dream headliner for victorious, but likely bigger (and more expensive) than any previous headliner. 

Still think 1975 or Wet Leg could do the ‘newer band’ slot (although we did have exclusively nostalgia bands this year). 

Wet Leg are certainly not big enough

pulp would be a good fit if they’re still touring.  

16 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Pulp are achievable i think - Mumford did it as an exclusive from the US too

Definitely won't be getting LG and Pulp though

Wet Leg are definitely not there yet

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Pulp are achievable i think - Mumford did it as an exclusive from the US too

Definitely won't be getting LG and Pulp though

Wet Leg are definitely not there yet

For wet leg, depends on 2nd album plans. I would say they are the level as potential new band like Sam Fender / royal blood were when booked (both likely booked before 2nd album releases). I agree it is a risky one though as if 2nd album not strong will look poor. 

5 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

For wet leg, depends on 2nd album plans. I would say they are the level as potential new band like Sam Fender / royal blood were when booked (both likely booked before 2nd album releases). I agree it is a risky one though as if 2nd album not strong will look poor. 

There won't be enough time for it to settle in my opinion

They haven't even done a proper tour yet, think the idea of them doing much more than say a superstruct thursday headliner is crazy unless the album is out in the next 2-3 months - which i assume its not.

Changing the subject: Did anyone get the app working?

I had high hopes for this, as you shared your schedule prior to being at the festival (So no signal needed) and the find my friends is based on GPS.

However we couldnt get it working fully......was this me or just the app?

- When I shared my schedule with friends, some people could add it, some people, just didnt work.....and I had the same issue, I could add some friends, but not others.

- Couldnt find a friend on the map, just wouldnt work

7 hours ago, kelstar said:

Changing the subject: Did anyone get the app working?

I had high hopes for this, as you shared your schedule prior to being at the festival (So no signal needed) and the find my friends is based on GPS.

However we couldnt get it working fully......was this me or just the app?

- When I shared my schedule with friends, some people could add it, some people, just didnt work.....and I had the same issue, I could add some friends, but not others.

- Couldnt find a friend on the map, just wouldnt work

re the first point - you can kinda do this in Clashfinder. Make a shared account and all have a colour each (i think theres like 5 or 6 colours so a good amount to work with)

I got the shared calendar thing to work but all it did was maky my schedule all messy. I did however like that my watch would let me know 15 minutes before a band were on, so I didn't miss any bands this year! 

Didn't use find the friends. However we use what 3 words, and have been going so many years we have our "standard" meet up spots. 

8 hours ago, gfa said:

re the first point - you can kinda do this in Clashfinder. Make a shared account and all have a colour each (i think theres like 5 or 6 colours so a good amount to work with)

You can import friends' highlights in clashfinder by going to menu > customise clashfinder > friends and entering their username and which highlight group of theirs you want. (Can be fiddly setting it up with appropriate colours on mobile, so easier to do on desktop.)

I didn't use the shared schedule or find my friends in the app, but it was nice having a phone signal this year!

Thanks for the tips everyone! I will definitely look into to some.

Sounds like the app was just scheduling thing rather than taking photos of the timings or buying a lanyard.

We have areas we all meet, and phone signal was better. but thanks for the other tips.

Have we seen the price increases!!!

£180 weekend

£65 a day

11 hours ago, kelstar said:

Sounds like the app was just scheduling thing rather than taking photos of the timings or buying a lanyard.

We have areas we all meet, and phone signal was better. but thanks for the other tips.

£180 weekend

£65 a day

And with the fee even more.  Sure mine was about £150 with fees last time for an early bird so basically a £40 increase!!!

12 hours ago, sisco said:

And with the fee even more.  Sure mine was about £150 with fees last time for an early bird so basically a £40 increase!!!

Weekend Price 2023 for Early Bird 2 was £160 plus £12.80

Weekend Price 2024 for Early Bird 1 is £180.00 plus £14.40

Big increases this year x

2 hours ago, kelstar said:

Weekend Price 2023 for Early Bird 2 was £160 plus £12.80

Weekend Price 2024 for Early Bird 1 is £180.00 plus £14.40

Big increases this year x

Are they having a laugh? £233 when including the shuttle bus then another £25 for parking! (even more if doing payment plan) Line up better be top notch next year for us to even consider going! Think I only paid about £160 when we first went in 2021.

Edited to say that when I add 1 camping ticket, 1 shuttle bus and 1 car park that's £260!!! (That's if I pay all in one go)

Wow!!!

Edited by Bubblepopelectric

39 minutes ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Are they having a laugh? £233 when including the shuttle bus then another £25 for parking! (even more if doing payment plan) Line up better be top notch next year for us to even consider going! Think I only paid about £160 when we first went in 2021.

Edited to say that when I add 1 camping ticket, 1 shuttle bus and 1 car park that's £260!!! (That's if I pay all in one go)

Wow!!!

2014:  I Paid £16.20 plus £1.20 booking fee....for Early Bird in March 2014

I hope they are getting from good acts lol

On 9/5/2023 at 8:50 AM, kelstar said:

£180 weekend

£65 a day

Guessing it will be £70-75 per day by the time most acts in February have been announced.

On 9/1/2023 at 1:14 PM, Dg_vic said:

Don't think Wet Leg are quite there just yet maybe 2025, depends when they release the album and how well it does. Also Royal Blood were on their 3rd album when they headlined in 2021. 

why are so many people moaning about price? this was always a cheap 2 day fest with some huge names  for money and funded by council. we are on 3 day now and prices rising but still cheaper than other fests. it also has a tier and paayment plan meaning you can get at cheapest price and at £55 a day is still a huge bargain.