Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

On 8/29/2023 at 8:20 AM, Jack01825 said:

After what I think has been the best year yet , next year will be the 10th edition so perhaps the bar raises again?

one chnage to 2024 is the cmaping at farlington now requires £35.00 plus BF to use the park and ride bus which is a bit of a joke

Music Wise it would be nice for them to go for an overseas act perhaps like Kings of Leon? failing that european like the strokes or the Hives.....

Uk wise, would Muse be out of the question? and be nice to finally get Richard Ashcroft there on the castle stage

Everybody, what are your thoughts?

Strokes are from the US btw

The Hives are nowhere near headline

23 hours ago, more matey said:

Does anyone know the capacity limit for the festival? I’m sure I had read somewhere it was 60,000 however Marcus Mumford on stage clearly stated 80,000 were in attendance.

I do think the festival’s ambitions are ever increasing and that Mumford & Sons were their first legit A list booking (they headlined Mad Cool and others this summer for example) and thus we will see more bookings at that level moving forward. I know Sam Fender was a big ticket mover last year but when they originally booked him in Dec 2021 I’m not sure he was yet the A list act he became by the time he played.

Its not 80k surely? Not been but didn't think it was nearly that

-----------

I think Muse is a fair shout for the big act, although worth remembering they (and Chems) just did IOW

Do they book the same acts one year after the other much?

I would rule out the Prodigy straight away as they will near certain be back at Boomtown next year

I would love a bit of Strokes, KOL or even Muse at a push.

Everybody keeps saying first US headliner but the Flaming Lips headlined in 2015.

Also, I'd be up for The Hives as a Castle headliner. They are literally one of the most entertaining bands ever. They were so good at Glastonbury this year as well. 🙂

We could see Liam Gallagher following the tweets earlier this year and the fact that Victorious media team actually replied to him saying YES PLEASE!! 

I think Wolf Alice or Foals could also headline next year (or the year after) depending on their album/tour schedule. 

Did think about the possibility of Chemicals/Prodigy too. Would be happy with either. 

Afternoon guests they've surely gotta go Rick Astley whilst he's still 'hot' altho would much prefer the Astley feat Blossoms Smiths set. Maybe Busted too now they've done McFly, Sugarbabes etc.

2 hours ago, s30foster said:

Damn! I was only on 6th floor. Was a plus when the lifts were rammed - don't think i'd have handled the stairs any higher tho.

believe me i waited on lifts,not walking 15 flights after a day at fest  getting  there at 12 and getting back around same time.

Agreed this year was the best organised and everything i sent feedback about was much improved (even the toilets).
Already got my whole weekend tickets for next year so excited about seeing who's performing in 2024.

Would love to see Blur, Gorillaz, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, Calvin Harris headlining, though very unlikely to happen.
Also would be good to see more 80's & 90's  legends bands (ABC, Human League, OMD, Chine Crisis, Blue Tones, Happy Mondays etc)

8 hours ago, WhatADin said:

I would love a bit of Strokes, KOL or even Muse at a push.

Everybody keeps saying first US headliner but the Flaming Lips headlined in 2015.

Also, I'd be up for The Hives as a Castle headliner. They are literally one of the most entertaining bands ever. They were so good at Glastonbury this year as well. 🙂

The Hives issue is it's just been done many times before.

8 hours ago, gfa said:

-----------

I think Muse is a fair shout for the big act, although worth remembering they (and Chems) just did IOW

I would rule out the Prodigy straight away as they will near certain be back at Boomtown next year

I don't see why The Prodigy at Boomtown would rule them out?, Boomtown is such a different festival, as far removed as it gets. 

7 hours ago, s30foster said:

We could see Liam Gallagher following the tweets earlier this year and the fact that Victorious media team actually replied to him saying YES PLEASE!! 

I think Wolf Alice or Foals could also headline next year (or the year after) depending on their album/tour schedule. 

Did think about the possibility of Chemicals/Prodigy too. Would be happy with either. 

Afternoon guests they've surely gotta go Rick Astley whilst he's still 'hot' altho would much prefer the Astley feat Blossoms Smiths set. Maybe Busted too now they've done McFly, Sugarbabes etc.

I think given the older namd nastolgia affect that Victorious goes for that Liam doing it is quite likely. Victorious also have been known for a couple of album shows before. Astley only placed the year before I think. I don't see it being the festival that gets Blossoms and Astley, I do however think that might happen to open Glastonbury Other stage.

Controversially I'm hunching at both Gallagher brothers to be at Victorious with Liam being a festival exclusive. The Prodigy also making up the 3. I cannot see Noel, new album and having not played since 2006 not play as with other events and his own tour, he's not got too many other options that to hit the Superstruct scene.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I don't see why The Prodigy at Boomtown would rule them out?, Boomtown is such a different festival, as far removed as it gets. 

I think given the older namd nastolgia affect that Victorious goes for that Liam doing it is quite likely. Victorious also have been known for a couple of album shows before. Astley only placed the year before I think. I don't see it being the festival that gets Blossoms and Astley, I do however think that might happen to open Glastonbury Other stage.

Controversially I'm hunching at both Gallagher brothers to be at Victorious with Liam being a festival exclusive. The Prodigy also making up the 3. I cannot see Noel, new album and having not played since 2006 not play as with other events and his own tour, he's not got too many other options that to hit the Superstruct scene.

Boomtown is very nearby. Even if audience is different acts never play that close by

Noel and Liam aren't getting booked together ffs, if they agree to that they would do it as oasis and play at somewhere that can pay 10x as much as victorious lol

Liam if about will be touring heavily, he won't do the uk exclusive again after doing it boardmasters this year, that was just because he was having surgery

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

Boomtown is very nearby. Even if audience is different acts never play that close by

Noel and Liam aren't getting booked together ffs, if they agree to that they would do it as oasis and play at somewhere that can pay 10x as much as victorious lol

Liam if about will be touring heavily, he won't do the uk exclusive again after doing it boardmasters this year, that was just because he was having surgery

Didn't realize it was that close, probably right on The Prodigy. If they are at Boom though, Creamfields may well get them up north.

Never said together did I so stop raging lol, I said separate days. It doesn't even remotely read like I said Oasis for Victorious as that would be silly!

No Liam probably won't actually, though, he always tours. It was also by virtue of having played everywhere apart from Victorious that Boardmasters was all that was left. Also I said festival exclusive, not UK exclusive show. I think Victorious would be ideal for definitely maybe.

Edited by northernangel

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Didn't realize it was that close, probably right on The Prodigy. If they are at Boom though, Creamfields may well get them up north.

Never said together did I so stop raging lol, I said separate days. It doesn't even remotely read like I said Oasis for Victorious as that would be silly!

No Liam probably won't actually, though, he always tours. It was also by virtue of having played everywhere apart from Victorious that Boardmasters was all that was left. Also I said festival exclusive, not UK exclusive show. I think Victorious would be ideal for definitely maybe.

No festival has booked them on separate days either and for obvious reasons

1. they wouldn't agree

2. they attract the exact same crowd

11 hours ago, gfa said:

No festival has booked them on separate days either and for obvious reasons

1. they wouldn't agree

2. they attract the exact same crowd

Okay, I don't see the same crowd thing being an issue though. But if Liam plays then it's virtually going to be at least an English Festival Exclusive unless Neighborhood or Eden Sessions can get him as he's done Glastonbury, IOW, TRNSMT and Reading recently which he wouldn't do both anyway.

16 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Okay, I don't see the same crowd thing being an issue though. But if Liam plays then it's virtually going to be at least an English Festival Exclusive unless Neighborhood or Eden Sessions can get him as he's done Glastonbury, IOW, TRNSMT and Reading recently which he wouldn't do both anyway.

Festivals aim to get a relatively diverse range of acts to attract different audiences (or friends with a range of tastes)

If you were gonna see LG you'd want to see Noel anyway so this doesn't really achieve that

I wouldn't be shocked if he returned to a fest, Reading was 3 years ago now - there's also BST too

39 minutes ago, sisco said:

Neither are aimed at the same person so you shouldn’t really have much of a decision to make

My music tastes are very wide. I like rock and indie nastolgia of The Coral, The Cribs etc but I also listen to a lot of EDM so it's a biggie to me. Back in 2014 it was Reading be Cream and I chose Cream. I'll listen to Armin van Buuren, Swedish House, Hardwell, Alesso, Charlotte de Whitte, Roger Sanchez just for some names and then Liam Gallagher, Papa Roach and Adele haha. Its only really screamo metal/post hardcore, d&b, dubstep and recent rap/hip hop that's a no.

33 minutes ago, gfa said:

Festivals aim to get a relatively diverse range of acts to attract different audiences (or friends with a range of tastes)

If you were gonna see LG you'd want to see Noel anyway so this doesn't really achieve that

I wouldn't be shocked if he returned to a fest, Reading was 3 years ago now - there's also BST too

That sells tickets though? I really don't get why if you book them separate with a gap in between days why it would matter. Neither are going to stick around after.

I don't see him at Reading at all, Definitely Maybe has Manchester big outdoor show at least 1, if not two days written all over it. Maybe BST, I'd like to here him though. 

Edited by northernangel

10 minutes ago, northernangel said:

That sells tickets though? I really don't get why if you book them separate with a gap in between days why it would matter. Neither are going to stick around after.

I don't see him at Reading at all, Definitely Maybe has Manchester big outdoor show at least 1, if not two days written all over it. Maybe BST, I'd like to here him though. 

TThe reason nobody has booked them at the same fest is that it would attract people thinking (and subsequently being disappointed) there will be an Oasis renuion which is a massive no-no and they wouldn't agree to do this knowing it would let fans down

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

TThe reason nobody has booked them at the same fest is that it would attract people thinking (and subsequently being disappointed) there will be an Oasis renuion which is a massive no-no and they wouldn't agree to do this knowing it would let fans down

Not if they played Victorious lol. I'm not saying it's going to happen but anyone knows surely they would be doing it as they both got asked, rather than an Oasis paycheck in it. You can't book a festival with them separately and not as Oasis and then be disappointed it wasn't an unbooked band.

Just now, northernangel said:

Not if they played Victorious lol. I'm not saying it's going to happen but anyone knows surely they would be doing it as they both got asked, rather than an Oasis paycheck in it. You can't book a festival with them separately and not as Oasis and then be disappointed it wasn't an unbooked band.

People would go expecting oasis and be disappointed regardless

The festival wouldn't ask both of them

if some mental thing like this happened it would be at R&L or Glasto - not at victorious

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

People would go expecting oasis and be disappointed regardless

The festival wouldn't ask both of them

if some mental thing like this happened it would be at R&L or Glasto - not at victorious

Well it definitely wouldn't be at Glastonbury as they don't pay much and that's the worst place to start that rumor. 

what is all this oasis and expecting talk. you book separate acts ,people book tickets for separate acts. you then cant change that on weekend as its false advertising .oasis will not play if got back together victorious .they will do home gigs ,london  and glasto. noel and liam will not play a fest at same time. likely we get liam and maybe his def maybe tour show,but if does that then maybe glasyo or reading will get.more likely noel. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2023 at 11:46 AM, gfa said:

-----------

I believe Marcus Mumford said "its a great a great line up here and for us and Johnny Marr to be playing to 80k people between us is great" or something along those words. I remember reading somewhere it as 70k for Sat and Sun when they were the only full days. So moving the common stage back could possibly made room for 10k more. But I don't think any of the days sold out so very much doubt 80k were there any of the days. 

Line up wise Muse are finishing touring at end of this year so doubt they will tour at all next year, if they do a festivals I doubt it will be Victorious more likely Reading but I would love them to do it. I could see Liam, maybe a female solo artist with how well Ellie Goulding did and struggling with a 3rd act, probably a band like Foals or Imagine Dragons.

Edited by roonboyz08

2 hours ago, retrokev said:

what is all this oasis and expecting talk. you book separate acts ,people book tickets for separate acts. you then cant change that on weekend as its false advertising .oasis will not play if got back together victorious .they will do home gigs ,london  and glasto. noel and liam will not play a fest at same time. likely we get liam and maybe his def maybe tour show,but if does that then maybe glasyo or reading will get.more likely noel. 

No idea how it got to expecting Oasis. I suggested Liam and Noel on separate days purely because Noel returning would be a long time, having not done since 2016. Liam for the tweet and reasons reasons and I could see it being somewhere he would play that album.

Yes they would do home and london gigs but with easy sellout. Glastonbury I imagine would come in the second year along with a final Etihad show.