11 hours ago, djd4 said:

Are 30 Seconds to Mars still headliner material in 2024? I'd be pretty meh on them taking up a headline slot tbh.

They did not headline in 2010 nor 2013.

2010: 30STM - Editors - Green Day
2013: 30STM - Depeche Mode - Editors

...and they will not headline in 2024 😉

54 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Coldplay’s new tour has some massive gaps between June between July, particularly over the big festival (Werchter, Roskilde, Glasto etc). Think they could be the big pull next year?

They're too big for Werchter. They can sell out stadiums so easily, what would be the point of doing Werchter ? Plus they bring a lot of their own gadgets (lightning bracelets...). Their fee must also be gigantic.

Pretty sure this could also impact the festival negatively. Instant sell-out of the day of Coldaplay + probably quite a few buying combi and going on that day only, and all this would I think mean other parts of the meadow empty during their set. (I am probably being overdramatic, but I think a name like that could hinder the festival)

For Glasto it's different, they're probably ok with reducing their fee, and Glasto tickets are sold out way before the lineup anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, polnico said:

Pretty sure this could also impact the festival negatively. Instant sell-out of the day of Coldaplay + probably quite a few buying combi and going on that day only, and all this would I think mean other parts of the meadow empty during their set. (I am probably being overdramatic, but I think a name like that could hinder the festival)

Sooo...Less people on a daily basis and a relaxed time at the Barn & KlubC during their show? Awesome! Coldplay please come to RW! 😂

Ps: Jokes aside you have a point and I don't think they'll do festivals, with Glasto being the only potential exception. Mostly due to their production style & size and the guaranteed instant sell out of any arena of any size. TW Classic would make more sense but even that would be a surprise. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Coldplay’s new tour has some massive gaps between June between July, particularly over the big festival (Werchter, Roskilde, Glasto etc). Think they could be the big pull next year?

Well, they did play in 2009 and 2011 so it's not entirely out of the question.

3 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Well, they did play in 2009 and 2011 so it's not entirely out of the question.

That was another time though. Last year Coldplay sold out Roi Baudouin Stadium (50K capacity) 4 times in under an hour. They're no longer an option for festivals, except perhaps Glastonbury/Coachella.

9 hours ago, Dietediet said:

That was another time though. Last year Coldplay sold out Roi Baudouin Stadium (50K capacity) 4 times in under an hour. They're no longer an option for festivals, except perhaps Glastonbury/Coachella.

If they want to play Werchter they can, simply for the fact that they could return and sell multiple again. It certainly doesn't make them just these two festivals.

As said though, if Glastonbury do have them it's a massive booking that won't cost the festival a lot of money.

7 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Headliners

Thursday: foo fighters

Friday: arcade fire/pulp

Saturday: Coldplay

Sunday: Katy Perry/ sam fender 

Pearl Jam might have a new album out by next summer and RW seems to book them every possible chance they have, so....

45 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Can people answer if Rock Werchter is as good as it was? Got talking to someone at Y Not who went and said if you go just go for the hive without question.

I guess that depends on what made it good for you. I still love it, but they need to take care of the logicstical tent-issues from this year.

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

Can people answer if Rock Werchter is as good as it was? Got talking to someone at Y Not who went and said if you go just go for the hive without question.

It’s probably the one I’ll go to if I don’t get a Glasto ticket 

51 minutes ago, sisco said:

It’s probably the one I’ll go to if I don’t get a Glasto ticket 

Aye, I'm thinking of doing it on the Glasto fallow year. Having looked, Werchter probably just had a better year in 2012 for the fallow but I don't think the fallow makes any difference in how strong a European festival is. Incidentally, I do think had Glastonbury not had a break in 2018 then Arctic Monkeys would have headlined that year.

I'm fairly sure I have decided that should I not get a ticket in normal sales though I won't work again. Having done it twice now, the earlies are better naturally but 9 days is too long to be there, camp and only receive the same benefits package as arrivers 3 days later.

10 hours ago, northernangel said:

I attended in 2018 and 2022 and it was incredible both years.

But I'm going for the performances, not for the dance tent drunkenness. 😉

• Like 1