26 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

He attended Barbie's premiere and looked healthy yesterday though. 

Healthy to meet Margot Robbie or healthy for a full tour may not be the same thing 😸

Just kidding. What is the deal with System of a Down right now, anything on the horizont? 

Seems clear Depeche Mode won't do festivals 3-4 months after a huge arena tour... like most of the bands. That being said, I have big expectations for 2024. Lot of bands will be on tour with new stuff. Dua Lipa has a new song for the movie "Barbie" (she's also part of the casting) so debut of a new era. Billie Eilish releases a few stuff and have a new song upcoming with the movie "Barbie" too. She's doing some festivals this August. See her playing first her own shows without doing festivals after that would be possible but she's never done a run of festivals in June since she's became a superstar. Waiting until 2025 to see her playing at Rock Werchter? I remember @Ken19 said she was supposed to plat at RW this Summer before she moved her plans to play the festivals in August - with Pukkelpop then. Based on that, I've strong hopes to see her at Werchter. A fresh new and female singer. Would change a lot compared to what we had in 2023 with only old guys and one young artist with Stromae who cancelled. 

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

After playing 7 times between 2007 - 2017, but not since....there most be time for Kings of Leon again. 

Not my wish, but they used to be the Rock Werchter house band!

Their most recent Belgian shows had terrible ticket sales. If the story is true that their egos won't accept anything less than main stage headliners, we won't see them at RW again...

18 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Their most recent Belgian shows had terrible ticket sales. If the story is true that their egos won't accept anything less than main stage headliners, we won't see them at RW again...

In a co-headlining spot maybe? ...like in 2017 with Arcade Fire?

5 hours ago, Gossard said:

In a co-headlining spot maybe? ...like in 2017 with Arcade Fire?

They headlined rock am ring this year, mad cool last year, I imagine they would headline but they very much are a nostalgia act (and I'm a big fan) 

Are the strokes ever coming back after the covid year? 

14 hours ago, VCF said:

I would argue they are Lokerse level at the very best nowadays.

Did they sold out their day last year btw?

No, Kings of Leon didn't sell out their Lokerse day. But apparently Lokerse days always sell out very slowly (if ever). Don't know why that is actually. 

27 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Yes, and Rock Werchter is very afraid to book nostalgia acts as headliners. 😉 

Depends on the definition of nostalgia act - to me, Metallica is bona fide nostalgia act but they are still relevant today, hence they get booked. KOL are imho largely irrelevant and their performance at RiP/RaR this year was a proof. I haven't seen such a lukewarm response for a headliner in ages, everyone just waited for 2 hits...

On 7/8/2023 at 12:09 PM, Archi said:

Since they've announced their UK tour, it's 100% sure Foo Fighters will be there. As they are on tour and have a day-off on Sunday, I see Paramore coming too. I guess they'll bring Stromae back if he health is better. Dua LipaBillie Eilish or Rage Against The Machine are acts I'd love to see but that's a lot of headliners. Blink 182 is also a strong possibility.

Thursday: Foo Fighters - Greta Van Fleet - Yungblud - Turnstile.
Friday: Dua Lipa - Angele - Thirty Seconds To Mars - TBA. 
Saturday: The Cure - Post Malone - TBA - TBA. 
Sunday: Blink 182 - Blur - Paramore - Olivia Rodrigo.

I ran out of ideas to finish it... I'm aware the Sunday is too much on the same style but with the actual pop-punk revival, we can still hope. We could have Fall Out Boy too as they release a new album and do an arena tour next Fall. Maybe My Chemical Romance will come back finally too. Been a while since Green Day came. Despite her poor shows, Avril Lavigne will maybe surf on the vibe to do festivals again as well.

This! 10000%

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 12:09 PM, Archi said:

Since they've announced their UK tour, it's 100% sure Foo Fighters will be there. As they are on tour and have a day-off on Sunday, I see Paramore coming too. I guess they'll bring Stromae back if he health is better. Dua LipaBillie Eilish or Rage Against The Machine are acts I'd love to see but that's a lot of headliners. Blink 182 is also a strong possibility.

Thursday: Foo Fighters - Greta Van Fleet - Yungblud - Turnstile.
Friday: Dua Lipa - Angele - Thirty Seconds To Mars - TBA. 
Saturday: The Cure - Post Malone - TBA - TBA. 
Sunday: Blink 182 - Blur - Paramore - Olivia Rodrigo.

I ran out of ideas to finish it... I'm aware the Sunday is too much on the same style but with the actual pop-punk revival, we can still hope. We could have Fall Out Boy too as they release a new album and do an arena tour next Fall. Maybe My Chemical Romance will come back finally too. Been a while since Green Day came. Despite her poor shows, Avril Lavigne will maybe surf on the vibe to do festivals again as well.

Yeah that would be an instant buy too but it won't work out solidly like that. As said below, Blink must be a heads on for R&L. Paramore are not available as with Taylor Swift but they are also for me bankered with R&L.

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

Yeah that would be an instant buy too but it won't work out solidly like that. As said below, Blink must be a heads on for R&L. Paramore are not available as with Taylor Swift but they are also for me bankered with R&L.

I won't say Paramore is 100% out for WerchterTaylor Swift doesn't play in Belgium on this tour. On the last day of RW, it's a day-off on her tour and she plays in Amsterdam the 3 days before so it's very close. It's not an issue for Paramore to play 4 days in a row, they made it before and they start the Taylor Swift tour with 4 shows in a row in Paris. Pukkelpop should be around the 15-18 August 2024 while the TS ends in London on the 17th. It's a one-off show at Rock Werchter on Sunday 7 July or the band will miss Belgium again...

2 hours ago, Archi said:

I won't say Paramore is 100% out for WerchterTaylor Swift doesn't play in Belgium on this tour. On the last day of RW, it's a day-off on her tour and she plays in Amsterdam the 3 days before so it's very close. It's not an issue for Paramore to play 4 days in a row, they made it before and they start the Taylor Swift tour with 4 shows in a row in Paris. Pukkelpop should be around the 15-18 August 2024 while the TS ends in London on the 17th. It's a one-off show at Rock Werchter on Sunday 7 July or the band will miss Belgium again...

There is a difference between playing 8/9 songs in a gig 4 days in a row and playing a longer set.

12 hours ago, Archi said:

Sure. But if Paramore come at RW, they won't play a lot more. They would be 3rd-4th on the Main Stage.

While I get the enthusiasm and it's not impossible, it will be mean they do 4 data, the last in a different country for a non prime slot and then only have 1 rest day before Zurich. On this tour they are taking a support slot to play to play with longtime friends and to a crowd of similar that may well put their appeal in different directions too. 

They don't have the incentive to up a move for one day to a different country, to rest for one day and then to another country to go again. Given with that, after two days they are moving again.

Given their tour history, I think they probably don't see Belgium worth it given 2012 is their last tour date apparently there.

First names in November. First days to sell out in Spring, depend of the headliner-size. Due to Stromae cancellation, this year wasn't fully soldout. 

I guess we can think about 30STM. They came for an exclu last-minute this Summer (Poland, right?). They are on the When We Were Young Festival next Fall. They have a new album (not promising at all). So it's a possibility. Even if they missed RW since a while.