image.thumb.png.fe08689502a24e1117fe2602cd1520d3.png

Director of RW on StuBru a few days ago: "There was a lot of speculation about replacements. Among other things Foo Fighters. But that was not possible with their US tour schedule. And sometimes you have to leave things for a year so that they get even better." 

The Foos are more than a safe bet for 2024. You never know for sure but the first headliner seems to be secured.

On 7/5/2023 at 3:41 PM, VCF said:

The National would fit better in that new Barn. They could ask for that co-head slot but they were happy to play in the much smaller Marquee in Pukkelpop 2019 so who knows?

After seeing Editors this year: The National in the Barn would be carnage. Yes I know about the marquee but at Rock Werchter, the band is way too big for the Barn I'm afraid. Definitely co-headliner. 

Also I think they played the marquee due to that double headlining slot there. That's an offer you just can't refuse. 

Edited by matrainertje

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

After seeing Editors this year: The National in the Barn would be carnage. Yes I know about the marquee but at Rock Werchter, the band is way too big for the Barn I'm afraid. Definitely co-headliner. 

Also I think they played the marquee due to that double headlining slot there. That's an offer you just can't refuse. 

Are The National that big in Belgium though? Forest National was their biggest arena and they did not sold out Live is Live last year (it was in Zeebrugge though, not the best location).

While Editors have always been a fan favorite in Belgium (Flanders) and Werchter. They’re past their prime but still headlined TW Classic 2018 over The National IIRC?

A co-head slot would not shock me at all but with recent talks of expanding The Barn even more to 25k… That does not seem far fetched.

Or maybe I’m just totally underestimating their popularity!

1 hour ago, VCF said:

A co-head slot would not shock me at all but with recent talks of expanding The Barn even more to 25k… That does not seem far fetched.

I really hope that they will not expand the Barn further unless they expand the grounds around it by 2-3x at the same time. Although this is something that needs to be done even with the current capacity tbh.

1 hour ago, VCF said:

Are The National that big in Belgium though? Forest National was their biggest arena and they did not sold out Live is Live last year (it was in Zeebrugge though, not the best location).

While Editors have always been a fan favorite in Belgium (Flanders) and Werchter. They’re past their prime but still headlined TW Classic 2018 over The National IIRC?

Or maybe I’m just totally underestimating their popularity!

Yes that's true, but I still expect an Editors level crowd when they play the Barn.

Anyway, hope they headline the main so they'll play a longer set.  

Since they've announced their UK tour, it's 100% sure Foo Fighters will be there. As they are on tour and have a day-off on Sunday, I see Paramore coming too. I guess they'll bring Stromae back if he health is better. Dua LipaBillie Eilish or Rage Against The Machine are acts I'd love to see but that's a lot of headliners. Blink 182 is also a strong possibility.

Thursday: Foo Fighters - Greta Van Fleet - Yungblud - Turnstile.
Friday: Dua Lipa - Angele - Thirty Seconds To Mars - TBA. 
Saturday: The Cure - Post Malone - TBA - TBA. 
Sunday: Blink 182 - Blur - Paramore - Olivia Rodrigo.

I ran out of ideas to finish it... I'm aware the Sunday is too much on the same style but with the actual pop-punk revival, we can still hope. We could have Fall Out Boy too as they release a new album and do an arena tour next Fall. Maybe My Chemical Romance will come back finally too. Been a while since Green Day came. Despite her poor shows, Avril Lavigne will maybe surf on the vibe to do festivals again as well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Since they've announced their UK tour, it's 100% sure Foo Fighters will be there. As they are on tour and have a day-off on Sunday, I see Paramore coming too. I guess they'll bring Stromae back if he health is better. Dua LipaBillie Eilish or Rage Against The Machine are acts I'd love to see but that's a lot of headliners. Blink 182 is also a strong possibility.

Thursday: Foo Fighters - Greta Van Fleet - Yungblud - Turnstile.
Friday: Dua Lipa - Angele - Thirty Seconds To Mars - TBA. 
Saturday: The Cure - Post Malone - TBA - TBA. 
Sunday: Blink 182 - Blur - Paramore - Olivia Rodrigo.

I ran out of ideas to finish it... I'm aware the Sunday is too much on the same style but with the actual pop-punk revival, we can still hope. We could have Fall Out Boy too as they release a new album and do an arena tour next Fall. Maybe My Chemical Romance will come back finally too. Been a while since Green Day came. Despite her poor shows, Avril Lavigne will maybe surf on the vibe to do festivals again as well.

Instant buy for me 🙂

Honestly, I don't think Blink will be there, they have R&L written all over them so I expect them touring in August. Dua would be great however I am not sure she would do festivals next year. If there's a new album, pop stars do their own stuff first before coming to a festival circuit. Paramore would be great but I think they are TS sub exclusively. For a pop slot, isn't Stromae a logical choice if he's fit enough? Anyway, I am highly hopeful for Werchter 24, can't wait to come back after skipping this year due to uninspired lineup

Depeche Mode in February in Sportpaleis. I would say this makes them unlikely for Werchter, but that show will probably sell out really fast, and we've seen bands do Sportpaleis early in the year before Werchter (e.g. The War On Drugs last year) so let's not rule them out yet.

2 hours ago, polnico said:

Depeche Mode in February in Sportpaleis. I would say this makes them unlikely for Werchter, but that show will probably sell out really fast, and we've seen bands do Sportpaleis early in the year before Werchter (e.g. The War On Drugs last year) so let's not rule them out yet.

Yeah for bands like DM this is quite common and I don't think it will influence their presence at Belgian/Dutch festivals. I'd expect their Sportpaleis show (and the one in Ziggo dome) to sell out super fast. If they do a festival tour next summer, I'd be very (negatively) surprised if they are not at RW. Especially since they are not a band that tours that often...

2 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

If they do a festival tour next summer, I'd be very (negatively) surprised if they are not at RW. Especially since they are not a band that tours that often...

This. They missed out on Depeche Mode last time, making it more than 10 years ago since they played. Really really really hoping they turn up, as I'm not a big fan of the Sportpaleis.

Had there not been a Sportpaleis date next year (after also playing there this year), I would've thought they stood a chance for either Rock Werchter or TW Classic. Now they're playing Sportpaleis next year, I'd be extremely surprised if they are heading to Werchter as well. 

Edited by The Black

1 hour ago, Andrej said:

Apparently Depeche Mode are touring US in the summer next year. Thats why a long EU run earlier in the year.

Dua Lipa will do festivals next summer.

Depeche Mode start the 3rd leg of their tour and the 2nd leg in the US in September this year. I doubt they will do a 3rd leg In the US.

My predictions & wishlist …

Thursday: Dua Lipa - Paramore - Janelle Monae

Friday: The Smashing Pumpkins - The Strokes - Netsky

Saturday: Tame Impala - Arcade Fire - Nothing But Thieves

Sunday: Foo Fighters - Greta Van Fleet - Blink 182

2 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Tame Impala. That's one artist I'd love to see closing down a day. Aren't they working on a new album? 

The band is actually only one person Kevin Parker. The rest of the members only tours with him. He said his last tour ended in March due to hip injury. He attended Barbie's premiere and looked healthy yesterday though.