2024 Stage Predictions

52 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

IDLES are Friday as elsewhere on other days.

The rest is not definate Fri/St/Sun in order on poster though as if you take out Shania Twain on Pyramid them Michael Kinawuka would be Sunday but he is playing Saturday.
There will be some surprises in who is what day which hopefully will help with clashes

Is Kiwanuka definitely Saturday?

Hang on is he third top? Seems high.

10 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

All three of this years third downs seem like they should be a slot lower tbf, and Kiwanuka sticks out the most. Maybe it’ll make more sense come the festival assuming he’ll have a new album out, but he currently pales in comparison to a lot of the third downs we’ve had in the past. 

31 minutes ago, IBCanon said:

Any chance of putting IDLES at 9pm? it will avoid a big clash between fans wanted to watched Fontaines...

Hopefully they will sort it so they don't clash, or it's been organised very poorly if fans have to miss out.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Yeah third from top for him wouldn't surprise me.

His only other non-festival gig is Piece hall in Halifax, same place Blondie are playing who were also 3rd down last year, and Noel Gallagher in 2022 who subbed that year. He seems the sort of act that does well with the Glastonbury crowd too so they'd bump him up a bit.

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

All three of this years third downs seem like they should be a slot lower tbf, and Kiwanuka sticks out the most. Maybe it’ll make more sense come the festival assuming he’ll have a new album out, but he currently pales in comparison to a lot of the third downs we’ve had in the past. 

Yeah I agree. Is that definite then?

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah third from top for him wouldn't surprise me.

His only other non-festival gig is Piece hall in Halifax, same place Blondie are playing who were also 3rd down last year, and Noel Gallagher in 2022 who subbed that year. He seems the sort of act that does well with the Glastonbury crowd too so they'd bump him up a bit.

Fair point

33 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Hopefully they will sort it so they don't clash, or it's been organised very poorly if fans have to miss out.

I have the bad feeling that they won't fix it and we will need to pick one... they could be before Dua Lipa at the Pyramid Stage

2 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

It is a really dumb decision to make them clash. Though it isn't totally out of the ordinary for Glastonbury, they've had similar types of clashes before.

I've looked at the tour dates for each of the acts on the poster and updated my clashfinder for people to agonize over if they wish!

https://clashfinder.com/m/glastoprediction/

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

It is a really dumb decision to make them clash. Though it isn't totally out of the ordinary for Glastonbury, they've had similar types of clashes before.

I've looked at the tour dates for each of the acts on the poster and updated my clashfinder for people to agonize over if they wish!

https://clashfinder.com/m/glastoprediction/

isnt barry cant swim on the wrong day on this?

8 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Seen it said a few places he is Sat - but also seen that there is a Churnups style slot after him so not third.

Is that for sure? Or a hunch? 

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am just repeating what has been put elsewhere - personally I have no idea but had read in several places that he is Saturday. Some say third down, some 4th cos of a 'secret set'.

Yeah I meant the secret set part.

Is there info on this? Or are people guessing? 

I know some people have mentioned The Killers, but that seems unlikely to me. 

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Yeah I meant the secret set part.

Is there info on this? Or are people guessing? 

I know some people have mentioned The Killers, but that seems unlikely to me. 

Total guesswork.

14 minutes ago, StuwieG said:

Is there any info on Paul Heaton playing the Friday or is that just a guess? Seen anorher prediction which had him down as the Sunday. 

I guessed Friday mainly based on deduction due to:

The poster suggesting 5th down along with Keane and Paloma Faith

Paloma Faith being busy at headline gigs Thursday and Friday evenings making her most likely for Sunday afternoon. Saturday is possible at a push.

Paul Heaton being listed before Keane.

So it is a guess - his tour dates only have him down playing in Cardiff on Wednesday so he could do any day.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, incident said:

Total guesswork.

I trust Emily Eavis saying Michael Kiwanuka is playing "just before" Little Simz more than guesswork based on last year's churnups slot.

I don't know why nobody is entertaining the idea of a secret set on the Other stage - this is looking way more likely this year.

8 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I trust Emily Eavis saying Michael Kiwanuka is playing "just before" Little Simz more than guesswork based on last year's churnups slot.

I don't know why nobody is entertaining the idea of a secret set on the Other stage - this is looking way more likely this year.

Lauren Laverne. Emily wasn't involved.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Either way, more of a legit source than efests guesswork 😄

Maybe. Could also be equally as much guesswork as we have. We simply don't (and can't) know. Certainly it's not a primary source and so trying to focus on the precise wording is pointless.

I'm not saying I definitely think there'll be a secret slot of some description. If there is, I think KoL would be infinitely more likely than The Killers (given the dates fit so closely and their social media stuff). I think it's also possible that there's someone left off the poster who'll be announced later. Or yes there's a good chance it could be MK in that position. So yeah as I said, at this point it's guesswork.