Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Something to consider with legends is can they actually sing/ perform? Is the backing band any good? The name and hits isn’t enough if they aren’t good live. 

diana dross/ Jackson 5 (west holts) didn’t deliver for this reason. 

Interesting

I've always been led to believe, from the efests hive mentality, that it doesn't matter. Apparently all that matters is that they appear. The karaoke will provide the entertainment.

Although I'm with you on this.

On 10/10/2023 at 10:15 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'll continue to preach Bryan Adams until he's either gone or I am, probably.

May dates in the UK announced, so it seems. Three at the Royal Albert Hall, then a few arena shows and a stadium gig in Coventry?

Yes, I’d agree with that. Seen him a few times down the years and he always delivers. Great well known tunes, ideal for a good pyramid field singalong. Besides that, Mrs c is a fan and would give me a bit of a lever when deciding/negotiating what other acts to see😉

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd be interested to hear it. I'm a suckered for obscure 70s and 80s bangers and one hit wonders.

Can we not get them all on to their big hit one after the other? Turn the legend slot into a live action ‘Telstar hits of the 70s and 80s.’

22 minutes ago, Neil said:

aren't they dead?? they did glasto when they were still alive, who are status quo nowadays?

Current members

Francis Rossi – lead guitar, vocals (1962–present)
Andy Bown – keyboards, rhythm guitar, harmonica, vocals (1981–present; additional musician during 1976–1981)
John "Rhino" Edwards – bass, rhythm guitar, vocals (1985–present)
Leon Cave – drums, percussion, backing vocals (2013–present)
Richie Malone – rhythm guitar, vocals (2016–present)

Rhino has now been the bassist for longer than Alan Lancaster was and Andy Bown has been there since 76. But, yeah... Rossi and hired hands basically covers it. Headlined Acoustic in 2017.

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Current members

Francis Rossi – lead guitar, vocals (1962–present)
Andy Bown – keyboards, rhythm guitar, harmonica, vocals (1981–present; additional musician during 1976–1981)
John "Rhino" Edwards – bass, rhythm guitar, vocals (1985–present)
Leon Cave – drums, percussion, backing vocals (2013–present)
Richie Malone – rhythm guitar, vocals (2016–present)

Rhino has now been the bassist for longer than Alan Lancaster was and Andy Bown has been there since 76. But, yeah... Rossi and hired hands basically covers it. Headlined Acoustic in 2017.

thank you, thought they did pyramid about 5-10 years ago.

Quo headlined the acoustic stage when Radiohead headlined the pyramid.  A mate of mine was so out of it that he wandered into the acoustic thinking he was at the pyramid. Couldn’t understand why Radiohead had an accordion player. He then staggered along the the pyramid buying six donuts en route, reaching the field in time for karma police. 

John, are you reading this.😊😊😊😉?

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

whilst I am most definitely in the Annie Lennox or Stevie Nicks camp... either would smash it..!

I watched some of the BBC's Joan Armatrading coverage last night and if they want to continue with the legend being about more  musicianship than cheese they could do a lot worse... terrific watching.

tbf, neither AL or SN offer much cheese