Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

Bob Dylan has announced the North American autumn dates of his world tour, which runs into 2024. Too big for the legends slot? He’ll be 83 next year so time has to be running out for him to come back to the farm. There are claims online this is his last tour, which started in 2021!

2 hours ago, t0paz said:

Bob Dylan has announced the North American autumn dates of his world tour, which runs into 2024. Too big for the legends slot? He’ll be 83 next year so time has to be running out for him to come back to the farm. There are claims online this is his last tour, which started in 2021!

It started in 1988!

And yes, get him in. 

3 hours ago, t0paz said:

Too big? Not even close. But would be a remarkably poor choice - and I say that as someone who is delighted that they've pulled back from the recent trend of booking kitsch singalong pop. His tendency to make his songs unrecognisable and tuneless would just bore the hell out of anyone who's not a dedicated fan (and from what I've heard, even the most dedicated fans lose patience with him at times).

He has played the Festival before, 3rd from top in 1998, so I doubt either side see it as a massive unfilled hole.

1 hour ago, incident said:

He has played the Festival before, 3rd from top in 1998, so I doubt either side see it as a massive unfilled hole.

I saw that set and count it as one of the most disappointing things I've seen at the festival. At this point, I cannot see him performing being a win for anyone. The casuals will feel let down by his dour stage persona, song choices and re-tuning of originals. The hardcore fans will want a longer set, and be frustrated at the drab atmosphere brought on by the disappointed casuals.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sedra said:

So Cher was on the morning show looking no where near 77 - still think she would be an awesome Sunday legend act- massive back catalogue, sing along and appeal across the board. 

Was performing live right up until lockdown 3 years ago, so no real reason she couldn't resume. Amongst all the wild suggestions we've had in this thread, this is spot on.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/cher/2020/centurylink-center-bossier-city-la-1399d561.html

I wonder how her voice is, though to be fair, not really relevant where 'believe' is concerned.

On 8/23/2023 at 11:55 AM, maelzoid said:

I saw that set and count it as one of the most disappointing things I've seen at the festival. At this point, I cannot see him performing being a win for anyone. The casuals will feel let down by his dour stage persona, song choices and re-tuning of originals. The hardcore fans will want a longer set, and be frustrated at the drab atmosphere brought on by the disappointed casuals.

Feels similar to Lou Reed at Isle of Wight years ago. The islanders expecting Perfect Day and Walk on the Wild Side… He didn’t play anything like that and gave up one song for a guy on the side of the stage to do a Martial Arts demonstration.