Olivia Rodrigo

FloorFiller

Ended up with O2 Priority tickets up in the gods as I just could not justify paying more for some one who is likely to only play a shortish set that will be drowned out by screaming.

However, her ticket prices are just going to keep going up and up and so it seems like a good time to see her before its truly silly money. Should be good but still feels wrong to pay so much for some one I have only recently started to like. I usually go through the tiers of venue size liking someone and it gradually gets more and more expensive over the years.

5 hours ago, mynameisjonny said:

Amex O2 presale was easy. Got through instantly and bought 4x standing for £93 for Saturday. A bit annoyed because I didn't realise there are normal GA Pit tix for £125. I would have gone for those.

Where did you find the normal GA pit ones for £125? I couldn't see an option other than the VIP ones that were like £270

1 hour ago, Nestacres said:

I really can't see the issue here. People who like her will pay to see her as she's one of the biggest acts going right now. Prices were similar to Billie Eilish's 2022 tour when she was 20 and had only made 2 albums.

It’s all about personal preferences, an act with an appeal to many, especially the young. A US act on tour here, who knows when she might be back so fans will be desperate to see the  gig. Prices are high but so is demand and that’s what dictates the cost. 
thankfully, imo, something Glastonbury hasn’t succumbed to! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

25 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Got my granddaughter to Glastonbury to see her.. She was definitely better than some headliners I could mention.. 

Tried to buy tix but no luck.... She'll be at Glastonbury.. You can count on that.. 

I think so. Do we know though what the whole thing with Dave as a big option to headline is.

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

Wait a minute, have people on here really just shelled out £90+ to see Olivia Rodrigo?, you can't moan about ticket price inflation when you're paying that.

Sure there are plenty of artists you've shelled out money for that others would sheer at. No need to be this closed minded when it comes to subjective music tastes. 

Edited by thatTFBguy

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

She'll be at Glastonbury.. You can count on that.. 

I wouldn’t count on it

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

Do we know though what the whole thing with Dave as a big option to headline is.

What are you talking about brev

59 minutes ago, foolee said:

For comparison I paid £56 to see BMTH at an arena (a festival headliner) and £83 for Foo Fighters (stadium and festival headliner) so £90 plus for an arena is a bit outrageous 

But in some people’s eyes, she is a festival headliner so it’s worth it. I got the cheapest seats (£55 without fees) because I like her.

fwiw I’m not sure she is headliner material YET only because her total discography (not including the High School Musical songs/unreleased) totals just over an hour 

36 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

But in some people’s eyes, she is a festival headliner so it’s worth it. I got the cheapest seats (£55 without fees) because I like her.

fwiw I’m not sure she is headliner material YET only because her total discography (not including the High School Musical songs/unreleased) totals just over an hour 

I think £60 is a fair Arena price but charging up to 120-250 is mental regardless of who you are. If I’d have got a link I’d have probably done the same. I usually always go standing but I couldn’t justify it. I paid £82 for Blink and kinda wish I hadn’t now. 

12 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Tunes aside, what does age have to do with it? seems a bit reductive.

Well its why she doesnt have a lot of tunes! I think shes great/gonna be great. Seems like a good person too.

Just pointing out how the music machine can put someone into super stardom very quickly.  

12 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Sure there are plenty of artists you've shelled out money for that others would sheer at. No need to be this closed minded when it comes to subjective music tastes. 

Not that kinda money I haven't, unless it's the odd act that has a very big back catalogue and not two 40 minutes albums. I love Blink 182 but when I saw their prices for the arena tour I had no thoughts on paying that.

It's nothing to do with being close minded on music taste, I don't dislike Olivia's music. It was a point based on cost.

10 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I wouldn’t count on it

What are you talking about brev

Well first of all what the hell is brev?

Secondly, people are predicting him in their 3.

5 hours ago, foolee said:

For comparison I paid £56 to see BMTH at an arena (a festival headliner) and £83 for Foo Fighters (stadium and festival headliner) so £90 plus for an arena is a bit outrageous 

Exactly this. When Olivia is costing you more than the FF and pushing towards a Coldplay price, a band that can sell 4, 5, 6 nights at Wembley out something is badly wrong.

I wish I saw her before but I won't shell out unless twickets does me a good deed.

As long as this keeps happening as said, nothing is going to change. Spotify has killed the rational price gig market without a day but there is topping up a price and extortionate.