I’m gutted I missed….

4AssedMonkey

10 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

We went from quite near the front at Lizzo to Woodsies for Rina and arrived with time to get a drink, have a piss and still get a decent spot.  Was then planning to walk to Park for FBS but heard it was rammed and couldn't be arsed.  Hung around in Silver Hayes for a bit instead.

Rhubarb and Ginger crumble was my Saturday night headliner after Rina (Saw a few songs of LDR on my way past) Think my crumble went down better than some of the acts for some people so I stand by my choice 😄

18 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

For me, Lottery Winners. Despite multiple sets, they all clashed and geographically were miles away. Would have loved to catch them, alas. ☹️

I only caught their Avalon set. Was front row and they were brilliant. Would have loved to have seen them again but will now have to wait until December. They deserve much more success and I hope their hard work starts paying off more and more

52 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

We went from quite near the front at Lizzo to Woodsies for Rina and arrived with time to get a drink, have a piss and still get a decent spot.  

43 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Hate to break it to you but Woodies stage was running massively late and you could easily have made it from Lizzo to Rina. We did and sat down for about 25 minutes before she came on.

Sure - but we were in the pit for Lizzo and were intending to also be there for GnR.

Ergo a Woodsies detour wasn't really on the cards.

46 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sure - but we were in the pit for Lizzo and were intending to also be there for GnR.

Ergo a Woodsies detour wasn't really on the cards.

Fair enough. She probably ran into GnR time as well. Glad you had a great spot for Lizzo. To make the dash I had to be tactical about where I went. 

39 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Main one was Candi Staton.

Probably not going to get another chance to see her again, but really didn’t want to go Lone Ranger to West Holts and then attempt to find my mates for Reg. 

Yep thought that one was a real shame. Earlier in the day on the Pyramid as well and it could have been a legends day! 

Really wish I had made it to Leftfield, I also meant to spend more time in the Green Fields/Healing Fields area.

I managed to see the Rhizosphere and saw the awesome light/roots instilation there, but I really wanted to go back for some of the talks. Gutted I missed those.

I haven't watched any of the BBC footage yet so sure I'll have some further regrets when I do. Currently regret FBS instead of Loyle Carner. I was in 2 minds and should have gone with my gut. 

Despite all the gushing reviews I don't regret dancing along to Rudimental rather than EJ. 

On 6/29/2023 at 11:57 AM, Yokel Again said:

Missed all of it as didn't get a ticket.... 

But agree on the War On Drugs - sounded absolutely fab on the TV (but had we been there I know we would have missed it to get an Elton spot, similar to others). Seemed super harsh having such a small crowd as it looked and sounded perfect for that slot. 

It was. I'd forgotten what a nice slot that can be on the other stage and WOD were everything I was hoping for - first time I've seen them live

We were heading for Elton after but I wasn't up for missing it to get a good spot for Elton. It was a struggle breaking through the 'donut' on the tracks to get to a half-decent spot for Elton though! I was only semi-enthusiastic about going and jokingly said beforehand 'as soon as he's played Rocket Man I'm off!'

On 6/29/2023 at 11:49 AM, MrZigster said:

I think they are genuinely trying to use less water on site. Hence the "one sink for a whole block of longdrops at campsites" thing. Replaced by sanitiser pumps.

This is the real answer then.

I'm gutted I missed:

The end of Guns N Roses. Was really loving it but really wanted to see The Steve Hillage Band at The Glade, reasoning that I'd be able to watch GnR back home but not TSHB. Timed it perfectly I did. And then TSHB were forty minutes late coming on! Still rocked though. I've seen SH there so many times in different set ups but never with a band. Was the SH set I'd always wanted to see.

Blondie. Was one of my must see acts. Saw all of Yusuf. Started to make my way forward into the pit and then started to realise I just couldn't handle standing up for another couple of hours and that I hadn't eaten anything bar a banana for breakfast. Got some grub and then blew off The Hu and ended up watching Nish Kumar in Cabaret. Which was drowned out by sound bleed from a stage that was playing to about ten people but was as loud as the Pyramid. Realising now I could probably have made my way back to Blondie.

I made a lot of mistakes this year. Feel like I only saw about a third of what I could have.Really didn't take my A game and am praying that it's not my last one.

I did the same as you - left GnR for Steve Hillage. Didn't realise they were 40 minutes late on though - that'll be because I laid down on the grass when I got to the glade and dozed off for a while. Which I have no regrets about at all! Stayed there for the Egg too who were great as usual

• Upvote 1

Gutted I apparently missed spotting a speed camera on the way home.

Three and a half decades I've had a blemish free licence.

Never mind that the road was clear and conditions were perfect and it was just a momentary lack of concentration officer, thank you very much for correcting me, I will be more careful in the future.

But there's no reasoning with robots is there.

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Never mind that the road was clear and conditions were perfect and it was just a momentary lack of concentration officer, thank you very much for correcting me, I will be more careful in the future.

Got done on way in, same, never been done before. Speed awareness course incoming. 🙄

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Easy easy these days, first offence do a workshop from home for a couple of hours. 

Biggest one is QOTSA. I’m so gutted I missed them. One of my favourite bands but went to see Elton as all my friends were there.

He was still good but wasn’t into it as much, probably as I knew what was going on at the Other Stage.

Devastated having watched them back on TV.

Also wish I’d watched Young Fathers, but opted for Royal Blood to secure a good spot for AM.