Elton bloody John 🚀

William Mann

14 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I’ve just bought this. Wish I bought it at the time or when I saw this though. Needed pay day to come in. Hopefully worth £78!

still haven’t quite come down from the high!

Glad I bought it at Glastonbury for £60

30 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Just read an interview with him in the Glasto week Radio Times. Says he may do a ‘Kate Bush type residency’ in the future, but only in the UK

He’ll play again I’m sure of it, he’ll still the odd one off gig.

Give it a couple of years and BST will chuck a load of cash at him.

8 hours ago, rwoo said:

The atmosphere for Crocodile Rock was outstanding. Didn’t expect that to be one of my faves. 

I felt the same about Are You Ready For Love. There was so much love in my bit of the crowd for that one, it spanned generations.

Just getting a chance to watch it now. The singalong to the piano riff at the beginning of Bennie And The Jets is astonishing.

So happy I was there.

3 hours ago, ICGenie said:

I felt the same about Are You Ready For Love. There was so much love in my bit of the crowd for that one, it spanned generations.

Just getting a chance to watch it now. The singalong to the piano riff at the beginning of Bennie And The Jets is astonishing.

So happy I was there.

Are you Ready for Love was incredible, expected it to be though. Probs my favourite part of the set

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So... 6 months on, now it has had time to nestle a little firmer into the memory banks, how do people view Elton's set?

I didn't comment on the thread at the time but I really enjoyed it, probably more than I expected to. I've enjoyed a fair few other Pyramid headliners more (I don't think anything will ever top the Stones for me) but yeah... it was pretty spectacular. 

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

So... 6 months on, now it has had time to nestle a little firmer into the memory banks, how do people view Elton's set?

I didn't comment on the thread at the time but I really enjoyed it, probably more than I expected to. I've enjoyed a fair few other Pyramid headliners more (I don't think anything will ever top the Stones for me) but yeah... it was pretty spectacular. 

Is there anywhere that one could watch the full Stones set?

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It was about as good as a headline set could be. 

Kendrick the previous year is still my overall favourite ever set at Glastonbury. 

But…..

The crowd for Elton was the best I’ve been a part of. I doubt I’ll ever be in another situation where that many people are all so full of joy. 

Solid 9.5/10.