Elton bloody John 🚀

William Mann

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The level of delirium in the crowd for the Crocodile Rock / Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting / I'm Still Standing section is quite something.

Folks going f**king bananas 🍌

The Highlight for me.

Reg's face when the "la la las" are sung back to him.

That was my favourite on the night & it works on TV too.

42 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Might do a little rewatch now. I did enjoy the Brandon Flowers appearance, Elton seems to support and mentor a lot of new artists as they are coming up. 

That was the point of those guest spots. He is thinking about the future and seems to have gone over lots of peoples heads because he didnt have Gaga or Eminem show up who need zero exposure right now. Go listen to his Rocket Hour show and he loves talking about new acts he is listening to. And its frustrating why Stephen Sanchez gets seen as a bad guest because he is just seen as a tik tok artist for some reason. He aint Ice Spice.

With the tour ending this weekend he will cross the $900 mil mark and for now will hold the highest grossing tour record ever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Started a rewatch. The drone shots are gobsmacking.

Just watching it myself. We were by the pylon at the very back of the field. Had to pause simply to marvel at the number of people between us and the stage.

Dont think I’ve been to a gig with so many people anywhere, ever.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Just watching it myself. We were by the pylon at the very back of the field. Had to pause simply to marvel at the number of people between us and the stage.

Dont think I’ve been to a gig with so many people anywhere, ever.

Does anyone have anything like official estimates of the crowd size? Definitely the biggest crowd I can ever remember seeing. 

On 7/4/2023 at 10:00 PM, dotdash79 said:

Bought the hoodie last week and it's arrived today, it's really good quality and the print on the back is amazing.

https://store.eltonjohn.com/*/*/Glastonbury-Zip-Up-Hoodie/7T8K0000000

I’ve just bought this. Wish I bought it at the time or when I saw this though. Needed pay day to come in. Hopefully worth £78!

still haven’t quite come down from the high!

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The level of delirium in the crowd for the Crocodile Rock / Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting / I'm Still Standing section is quite something.

The roar of the crowd as he plays the opening bars for I’m still standing are something else. 

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The atmosphere for Crocodile Rock was outstanding. Didn’t expect that to be one of my faves. 

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Got a video of my 5 year old doing the “La La La laaaas”.

Brilliant.

I thought he missed a trick. At the end of the song, the crowd were all still doing it.

He should have let it go on... very minor quibble. But he doesnt normally get a crowd like that

37 minutes ago, rwoo said:

The atmosphere for Crocodile Rock was outstanding. Didn’t expect that to be one of my faves. 

I was in a pub on a Friday night a few months back and it came on as part of the ambient music.

By the end the entire pub was singing along.

That gave me an inkling that it could well go off.

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Brilliant.

I thought he missed a trick. At the end of the song, the crowd were all still doing it.

He should have let it go on... very minor quibble. But he doesnt normally get a crowd like that

I enjoyed how it went Croc to Saturday to Standing without so much as pausing for breath.