List your "frustrations" here

airwaves

Entirely personal and I’m not suggesting things change just for me, but…

People who light up in dense crowds so everyone around them has no choice but to passively inhale the sh*t they’re putting into their bodies.

The bearded security chap whose number I forgot to take but openly treated everyone queuing for the Downlow with absolute disdain.

Not enough musical diversity after dark. Way too much dance music. Not everyone wants to “go hard”. Some of us just want to stay awake with alternative music.

Not enough shaded areas. Need more empty marques for shelter from the sun.

not a terrible festival overall for me really, mostly worked and could go where I wanted with short queues etc

- bad line up 

- people with babies towing their massive trailers through a Pyramid crowd flowing in the opposite direction

- lack of a diverse nighttime offering, be good to have some proper big pop discos instead of doomf doomf? 

- loss of Williams Green stage into the car thing 

- people littering, absolute pig behaviour 

- feels like drug use is so frequent and open now? each to their own tbh just can barely turn around without seeing a key being passed around at like 5pm on the other stage

Only things that negged me a bit this year

- Thursday doesn't work any longer. Used to be the best day, but without places like WG to soak up some crowds, there's just pockets of mayhem everywhere. Was in SE corner around 6pm, wife decided we should go for food in West Holts area, then go Rocket Lounge for Mik Artistik. Tried to come back 20 mins later, SE Corner closed, security sent everyone towards Glade which was carnage with Example, shuffled off towards the Park which was also basically a write off, and each info board was issuing warnings about another area being closed or to avoid it.

- Worthy View needs more loos, showers, coffee and food vendors

- People lying on the floor and sleeping in stupid places, like middle of the acoustic tent during badly drawn boy whilst hundreds were unable to get in from outside.

As mentioned in the other thread, a general lack of empathy or respect for the festival/other attendees was rife.  Such as,

Pissing on the land. It was everywhere, often in full view of stewards and unchallenged.

Littering. People just dropping sh*t anywhere. Saw a guy drop an empty cannon the floor not 2 metres from the bins.

Open drug taking and to excess. Saw a bunch taking pills and coke, in a crowd, at the bandstand, at 5pm. Another guy who worked in Small World pushed to the front when Cam Cole was on, did a massive line off his hand, the started slam dancing his mates, which meant they were just slamming everyone else there. Could not have cared less. Jumped on my wife’s foot which is badly bruised. Never said a word.

1. Lack of shade installation. Would it hurt to have some installed across the site? 

2. Main stage flags. I fully respect & it adds to the festival. But they block everything. it does look cool but something needs to be addressed.

3. Awful sound at the main stage. If you stood at either side of the speakers the sound was f**king atrocious. Could barely hear the acts, cutting in and out. If you stand at the back they sound phenomenal.

4 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Just seen on the family group a few people ended in blows because of idiots falling into prams / children 

There needs to be a dedicated family area. We went out of way to be far back, in behind some bins near other families and made a line around kids/prams - still we had coked up / pissed up arseholes cutting through the crowd hitting the bins, then trying to climb over literal children.

I said it last year, but I think there's been a huge demographic shift over the last decade, and it's towards absolute dicks. (Either that or it's just the cheap coke that's flooding the country turning people into them)

Busy railway line tea time so fella snapped at me and said "Have some social awareness mate" I said oh sorry then two seconds later a small child on a bike unable to ride it was that busy ones towards me. I let him through no problem. 

The dad was most probably fuming about the situation and I was his release point.

It’s was only my 1st time at the festival but a couple of observations:
IICON - such a massive space, but needs bigger names to fill it. EG Eats everything’s night, 

Probably impossible but some sort of crowd control in certain areas of the pyramid, mainly down the green fence side. We left AM and was near the end of the fence (toilet end leading to Woodsies) and it was dangerously busy, 

Edited by lendan
  • Like 1

I agree with the point about after hours entertainment. I like dance music but getting to an age where by 1am I want something a bit gentler than drum and bass or hard as nails house every single night.

I’ve always liked the diversity of the festival and I think it’s these lack of options really takes it away from that.

The coke obsession isn’t anything to do with Glastonbury- it’s a disease in society at the moment. Horrible drug.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

3. Awful sound at the main stage. If you stood at either side of the speakers the sound was f**king atrocious. Could barely hear the acts, cutting in and out. If you stand at the back they sound phenomenal.

I found the sound for Elton was poor, we were in the old row mead campsite, but was ok for Lewis Capaldi the day before 

11 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Not sure about this... I thought the Pyramid stage for the 3 acts I saw (GNR, Chicks and Elton) was phenomenal - clear, crisp and weighty. I was in the pit for all 3 so maybe had an impact.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Not sure about this... I thought the Pyramid stage for the 3 acts I saw (GNR, Chicks and Elton) was phenomenal - clear, crisp and weighty. I was in the pit for all 3 so maybe had an impact.

Honestly mate it was really bad to the sides.

many around us said the same 

12 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Honestly mate it was really bad to the sides.

many around us said the same 

I found it quite inconsistent. I think it was the wind taking the sound away from the intended direction, like it used to do on the Other stage before they made changes a few years ago. Seemed quite noticeable when the wind picked up that the sound would dip in and out, at least where I was.

On 6/25/2023 at 7:47 AM, sprocketrocket said:

Yeah, bring them back, they were great, I remember them peeping their whistles at my sister in law because she was smoking, but they were overjoyed to learn she had a portable ashtray and sang her a grateful song...

Hahaha, how utterly cringey. I knew someone who was with our group who was disturbed whilst taking a piss one night, he turned around knob still in hand, told them they were a bunch of f**king peeping tom's and pushed one of them over 😆

• Downvote 2

Few things I picked up on after missing the last few

1. site is busier, it now feels like most things in a tent is a write-off unless you’re willing to sacrifice an act before to make sure you’re in there

2. After hours music needs serious variation there’s very little on offer for disco etc and because there is so little it again is inevitably full ahead of time

3. Camping space a lot more sparse even as far out as South Park, but again I think this is also due to everyone having massive tents 

still the best place on earth 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom22 said:

Only things that negged me a bit this year

- Thursday doesn't work any longer. Used to be the best day, but without places like WG to soak up some crowds, there's just pockets of mayhem everywhere. Was in SE corner around 6pm, wife decided we should go for food in West Holts area, then go Rocket Lounge for Mik Artistik. Tried to come back 20 mins later, SE Corner closed, security sent everyone towards Glade which was carnage with Example, shuffled off towards the Park which was also basically a write off, and each info board was issuing warnings about another area being closed or to avoid it.

- People lying on the floor and sleeping in stupid places, like middle of the acoustic tent during badly drawn boy whilst hundreds were unable to get in from outside.

Agree on the Thursday this year it was the worst day for me. Not sure what the the festival can do about it people are settled in and want to party. 

The number of people asleep in the acoustic on Saturday was daft, almost stood on 10 people trying to see the magic numbers 

The amount of camping areas lost near to Gate A where public transport arrivals are directed.
If the festival is serious about making more people travel sustainably and leave less crap behind then they should ensure fields in that corner are available. 

• Upvote 2

The sound for elton was awful but assuming the wind and laye decision making ment no time to arrange extra equipment.

It seemed like every other person was staff of some sort either crew or field specific, it felt like staff are more valued then paying punters now.

On a personal note the campsite crew were great and friendly apart from one who was rude and arrogant when asked a simple question. 

I have a much larger list of good points to be fair 

2 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

The amount of camping areas lost near to Gate A where public transport arrivals are directed.
If the festival is serious about making more people travel sustainably and leave less crap behind then they should ensure fields in that corner are available. 

Cutting of the short cut to.the gate for woodsies hospitality was a harsh decision as well