young fathers

Neil

6 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

One of the best sets of the weekend, but I knew it would be. Fourth time seeing them for me and it just concreted my love of them. When I saw them in Bristol earlier this year I was second row and the intensity of their performance and their anger made me feel physically uncomfortable, for a band to have that impact on their audience is incredible

I mentioned to someone that they were very much a punk band (even if the music isnt)

You have described why perfectly.

It didnt make me feel uncomfortable. It made me feel like I could run through a wall & was fired up... but I understand your point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GlastoFlow said:

Does anyone know the name of the song they played at 36 minutes? I’ve watched it back on iPlayer but no song name! It was a female vocalist. Thanks!

Ululation

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, hannahlmoore said:

Just had to google this! What an absolute little thunderc**t Garath Gates is 🤣

I mean I never considered him the great arbiter of taste or anything but it was one of the oddest tweets I had ever seen which is why it has always stuck with me. I mean he's famous enough to know that it would be noticed and I reckon they'd take him in a fight. 😄

Gutted I missed them...they were on my 'would like to see' list but so was Fred which coincided with friends' plans. However after watching the set on iPlayer, have treated myself to a Sunday Bluedot day ticket...chuffed that I now have both them and a new festival to look forward to.

One of the best sets of the weekend for me.  Almost skipped it to watch Sparks, and then thought about splitting the time between them.  I've seen Young Fathers a few times but had never seen Sparks.  In the end we watched the whole Young Fathers set and I'm so glad I did.  Didn't matter how many times I've seen them, it was superb.  

On 7/4/2023 at 1:26 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

It made me feel like I could run through a wall

exactly this feeling.  my eyes welled up a few times 

this thread is giving me vibess - ah it was so flippn great my mates went to Fred again - so could get it lost in it all - the most powerful performances I've seen in my life was totally altered after it ! glad ye were all there completely insane and beautiful!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 3:42 PM, germanmon said:

Gutted I missed them...they were on my 'would like to see' list but so was Fred which coincided with friends' plans. However after watching the set on iPlayer, have treated myself to a Sunday Bluedot day ticket...chuffed that I now have both them and a new festival to look forward to.

So...that went well...given Bluedot stopped day ticket holders to enter the site yesterday! Ah well, I'll keep my eyes peeled for new dates when they get back from the States...

8 hours ago, germanmon said:

So...that went well...given Bluedot stopped day ticket holders to enter the site yesterday! Ah well, I'll keep my eyes peeled for new dates when they get back from the States...

That was unlucky, though looking at pictures from the site, a sensible decision.

Fingers crossed you get to see them soon 

9 hours ago, germanmon said:

bit of a trek but they are playing Connect in Edinburgh alongside Fred Again...shame its the same time as the other festival so means hotel prices are astronomical 

On 7/25/2023 at 8:05 AM, pryce said:

bit of a trek but they are playing Connect in Edinburgh alongside Fred Again...shame its the same time as the other festival so means hotel prices are astronomical 

They still have tickets, bring you own(allocated pitch) and pre-pitched camping options, but only for multi day ticket holders.

Quite a good line up across all three days.

https://connectmusicfestival.com/line-up

2 hours ago, GlastoFlow said:

Uk tour! Who’s going?

Oh I wish sadly it's in gigs banned time as one of my dogs is really scared of fireworks so we can't leave her on her own from end of October until late November and it's annoying how many people tour in that window every year!!