Celebrities

hodgey123

Seeing everyone on Instagram posting there and noticed Jamie Carragher is back for his annual visit. That got me thinking - do celebrities have to go through the arduous peasant process on ticket day or, presumably, they have a means of getting guaranteed tickets? If the latter, how does that work? Is it just a set amount of tickets that the festival allocate to ‘celebrities’ each year?

1 minute ago, hodgey123 said:

Seeing everyone on Instagram posting there and noticed Jamie Carragher is back for his annual visit. That got me thinking - do celebrities have to go through the arduous peasant process on ticket day or, presumably, they have a means of getting guaranteed tickets? If the latter, how does that work? Is it just a set amount of tickets that the festival allocate to ‘celebrities’ each year?

I’d guess they pay and go down the hospitality route/ have contacts who can sort them out tickets 

6 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

Seeing everyone on Instagram posting there and noticed Jamie Carragher is back for his annual visit. That got me thinking - do celebrities have to go through the arduous peasant process on ticket day or, presumably, they have a means of getting guaranteed tickets? If the latter, how does that work? Is it just a set amount of tickets that the festival allocate to ‘celebrities’ 

Morning All, just a lurker who had a year off this year and is regretting his decision massively. Jamie C stays at Windenlake Farm or he has every year I have been there since 2016.  I believe they get tickets through Fly Glastonbury. I am fortunate I have friends who also have access to tickets so I get my tickets at the same place. Anyways Hapoy Festival and stay safe. 

Jamie (not carragher) 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

Forgot about hospitality - can ordinary punters buy those tickets?

At the right price, I have a way of getting them each year if I wanted but also not made of money. They are incredibly expensive! We’re talking nearly 5k a ticket 

1 hour ago, roughbloke said:

I have ways of getting hospitality tickets through a label. it cost £600 last year, £850 this year. You stay in the hospitality area near woodsies 

I’d probably pay that, how many can you get hold of? Might have to take your number ready for next year haha. 

The people staying at hospitality are absolutely desperate to let you know they’re at hospitality at every single possible conversation. I was working on a gate on weds and thurs and had the same conversation with at least a hundred of them; “oh, I’m in hospitality, do you know where it is? Here’s my wristband. I know it’s straight ahead and to the right, but can you tell me again so I can impress people behind me? Thanks “

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

Did they spit in his face? Rancid individual 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

46 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Think both are there pretty much every year now.

can’t imagine either sit there spamming f5

Joe had a slot on a stage morning so to be fair it would be a bit harsh if they made him buy a ticket. 

8 hours ago, roughbloke said:

I have ways of getting hospitality tickets through a label. it cost £600 last year, £850 this year. You stay in the hospitality area near woodsies 

That’s a lot cheaper than my contacts! (Although you get other stuff thrown in as a package deal)