Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

13 hours ago, katyaz said:

Is it too soon to discuss 2025 lineup rumours? 😂

Worth stating that:

Stephen Malkmus was on - one edition later we got Pavement reunion

Jarvis Cocker was on - few years later we got Pulp reunion

Damon Albern was on (ok, with the gorillaz, but still) - one year later we got Blur reunion

and this year Beth Gibbons is on...

3 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Worth stating that:

Stephen Malkmus was on - one edition later we got Pavement reunion

Jarvis Cocker was on - few years later we got Pulp reunion

Damon Albern was on (ok, with the gorillaz, but still) - one year later we got Blur reunion

and this year Beth Gibbons is on...

All good points though was 5 years from JC to Pulp - hope not waiting til 2029 for Portishead!

8 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Kim Gordon is at mira in November. I think some of their booking agents also work for primavera. Do we rule her out? 

Can confirm primavera sound and mira festival share booking agents (that’s the reason why this ps  edition we have lanark artefax, tirzha and sandwell district that were in Mira 2023

Kim Gordon (and everyone who is in Mira this year) ruled out for 2024 maybe 2025 

Edited by diancieprince

1 hour ago, diancieprince said:

Can confirm primavera sound and mira festival share booking agents (that’s the reason why this ps  edition we have lanark artefax, tirzha and sandwell district that were in Mira 2023

Kim Gordon (and everyone who is in Mira this year) ruled out for 2024 maybe 2025 

Would've loved Oneohtrix Point Never and Snow Strippers

• Upvote 1

Think it'll be a bit longer personally, they need to announce an updated poster at some point and time is running out as I don't think it'll come before the price change, so we're looking at next week for that. There's a chance it comes the same time as set times but i dont think it will. I'm expecting stage times on the 13th.

3 hours ago, diancieprince said:

Primavera Ciutat 2024 reservations for general full ticket holders is in one week ( May 8 ) Last year that day timetables were announced too… maybe we are just one week away 

This isn't correct, timatables were definitely after ciutat reservations.

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Don’t believe the festival has ever gone more than 5 months without even one new name being revealed before.

The lineup announcement feels like an eternity ago. 

kind of strange, ever since I can remember, throughout these months, they've always posted an official update on the lineup, announcing the drops(and replacements if there are any). In this case, with two confirmed dropouts, Space Afrika and Kim Petras, the festival hasn't made any announcement.

Honestly, I believe the cancellation of Kim Petras had been rumored for a while inside, which is why she, despite being a big name, hasn't been promoted on their social media as they have done with other artists, and it wasn't until now that they've made it clear they won't make the official announcement with the updated lineup.

• Upvote 1

Otherwise some names of electronic artists who will perform at Primavera are starting to leak out as they announce their summer tours. I don't understand why they wait so long in these cases either the timetables will be dropped in two weeks and we already don't know the full lineup (even though they are medium and small sized names

Edited by diancieprince

4 hours ago, diancieprince said:

Otherwise some names of electronic artists who will perform at Primavera are starting to leak out as they announce their summer tours. I don't understand why they wait so long in these cases either the timetables will be dropped in two weeks and we already don't know the full lineup (even though they are medium and small sized names

Which ones? 

Also, Slayyyter has been announced at Mighty Hoopla the same weekend. She's doing the same music as Kim Petras.

8 hours ago, diancieprince said:

literally hours after… was the same day 11 may

IMG_6947.jpeg

I just remember not reserving tickets for Japanese Breakfast and later, after the timetable release (where Japanese Breakfast clashed with Cavetown and The Delgados), finding out that the tickets are no longer available.

So that's why I know that the timetable was released after the reservations started (even though now it looks like it was really only a few hours later).

Luckily, I was able to reserve the tickets few days after that and Japanese Breakfast were one of the highlights of last year's edition.

2 hours ago, diancieprince said:

Bapari SoFFT and m8nse (check their ig ) 

SoFFT look like a fun party, it would be nice to have another chance to see them (Sunday after midnight might not be feasible for me).