Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

17 minutes ago, albidc said:

Atarashii Gakko! added on Saturday!

Other new names??

Yes, they just got added. Would be very weird if I missed them in the first announcement, think they are great!

Didn't spot any big acts added, others might find something new in the undercard.

Edited by ThijsDB

7 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

My main takeaway is that Saturday is short a few acts. I mean that literally. I think they'll have to add a few middle names and maybe even another on the 2nd line.

Thursday will be the clash heavy day for me.

actually, 46 on Saturday and Thursday, 47 on Friday...

but it does have only 4 font sizes as opposed to 5 on the other days

To me looks better this way tbh. I am already starting to worry about clashes. 
Thursday: I would see deftones, beth gibbons, duster over all the headliners. Htrk, The armed, Blonde Redhead, freddie gibbs, basinksi, yeule, arab strap, billy woods, wiedgedood all interesting undercard. 

Friday: too packed. Clashes will be unavoidable. 
I would like to see both LDR and the national but I could end up skipping both. Chelsea wolfe, Jai Paul, Badbadnotgood, clipse, yo la tengo all must see for me. Tirzah, mount kimbie, arca, brutus, hitech, lanark artefax if I have time. 

Saturday: basically main stage-only. However, I really want to see lankum and I think I would skip everyone besides fka twigs for them. 

1 minute ago, Whos3000_ said:

To me looks better this way tbh. I am already starting to worry about clashes. 
Thursday: I would see deftones, beth gibbons, duster over all the headliners. Htrk, The armed, Blonde Redhead, freddie gibbs, basinksi, yeule, arab strap, billy woods, wiedgedood all interesting undercard. 

Friday: too packed. Clashes will be unavoidable. 
I would like to see both LDR and the national but I could end up skipping both. Chelsea wolfe, Jai Paul, Badbadnotgood, clipse, yo la tengo all must see for me. Tirzah, mount kimbie, arca, brutus, hitech, lanark artefax if I have time. 

Saturday: basically main stage-only. However, I really want to see lankum and I think I would skip everyone besides fka twigs for them. 

Assuming she'll be in the Auditori, Beth Gibbons wont clash with the headliners - Auditory shows are usually earlier. but still Thursday is the scariest in terms of clashes

Just now, xxialac said:

Hopefully they'll bring back Hidden Stage and couple of good additions on the Friday which I agree is relatively thin.

And for Thursday, I'm expecting some of the bands to double up and do Ciutat which could help with clashes.

I hope a lot of the Thursday bands will play Best Kept Secret, so I can do a multi festival clashfinder trying to optimize my festival week as I won't be around for the Ciutat shows. Knowing I would be able to see Amyl, Arab Strap and Voxtrot the week after, would make me far more relaxed

6 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

Some of those Thursday bands should have played Friday, which for me is by far the weakest day

I am expecting something like: 
badbadnotgood (sunset cupra) 
ethel cain hopefully also playing early? 
The national -->jai paul + tirzah or something like that 
LDR --> clipse + yo la tengo or something like that 

chelsea wolfe possibly playing late somewhere small? 

disclosure -->arca/mount kimbie 

tratratrax closing cupra, hitech closing another stage 

These are quite painful clashes to me and maybe not in these combination, but they will 100% happen 

This is better for me as I’m missing the Saturday and there’s not much I care for on the Saturday bar Bikini Kill. Phoenix will be a great opening night, hoping none of VW/Pulp/Justice/Deftones/The Armed/Amyl & The Sniffers clash on the Thursday. Then Gel and Scowl Friday along with Faye Webster and The Last Dinner Party (all of which are new discoveries due to the announcement) and some more listening of Lana and The National if I have some free time.  

could see saturday auditorium line up being: 

nala sinephro-->shabaka-->wolf eyes-->lankum (same time than laurie anderson last'year so heavy clashes incoming). 
Maybe beth gibbons is too big in that poster to be put in the auditorium? in that case-->lambchop and then who? (htrk?)
friday: tirzah? lanark artefax? space afrika+rainy miller? I am missing one

No way they’re not adding more names to this, feels like the emptiest lineup in years. Saturday for sure needs some additional smaller names. Thursday and Friday need some bigger names, if not at least one more big name. Plus all the ciutat names and boiler room names. Either next year is going to be a really bad year for festivals or they were just trying to save some money after Madrid fiasco. I guess we’ll see next year when all the festivals will have their lineups ready. I also want to see the Porto lineup tomorrow, cause I feel like for much cheaper they will be able to squeeze the majority of good names (minus the exclusive ones and things like Lana and The National). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UsernameHere said:

Ah... my eyes tricked me. It's short overall though isn't it - compared to previous years?

I know we're waiting for Boiler Room names but even so.

I think last year had 7 Mordor, 6 Amazon, 6 Ron Brugal, 6 Cupra, 7 Plenitude, 6 Dice, 3-4 Auditori, 6-8 Pull & Bear and 6 The Warehouse, all of which I think came from the first poster, so about 55 or so each day. I guess they've maybe got rid of a stage or dropped an act from each stage but some additions would be welcome, even if there is already plenty of quality throughout.

18 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

could see saturday auditorium line up being: 

nala sinephro-->shabaka-->wolf eyes-->lankum (same time than laurie anderson last'year so heavy clashes incoming). 
Maybe beth gibbons is too big in that poster to be put in the auditorium? in that case-->lambchop and then who? (htrk?)
friday: tirzah? lanark artefax? space afrika+rainy miller? I am missing one

Thursday: Basinski and Lambchop 100%, then idk maybe some Spanish act?

Friday: Charlemagne Palestine 100%, Lanark Artefax looks likely, maybe Lamin Fofana and Joanna Sternberg?