Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

Best Kept Secret goes with Disclosure - Justice and PJ Harvey as their headline trio so I think if thats the competition this should be regarded much more euphorically

On first sight, the only big BKS acts missing here are Slowdive (which were alwas out), FLoating Points and Osees (which i can see doing a Ciutat show).

Edited by Quadrophobia

12 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

They should have booked slowdive btw. Everyone would have been happy to have them again and I don’t think it would have costed them that much. Maybe they will do bbk in a prominent slot and that’s the reason 

Probably the only name I really want from BKS lineup. Other than that it's quite average, and if the other festivals are going to have lineups like this (I know it's still a bit early) then Primavera lineup is not that bad. I feel like a lot of artists in 2024 will be doing solo tours so probably we got the best we could. 

39 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Best Kept Secret goes with Disclosure - Justice and PJ Harvey as their headline trio so I think if thats the competition this should be regarded much more euphorically

On first sight, the only big BKS acts missing here are Slowdive (which were alwas out), FLoating Points and Osees (which i can see doing a Ciutat show).

I'm not sure why either Prima has stopped trying to book Floating Points except 2020 or he doesn't want to play. He would definitely enhance Thursday's electronic program.

3 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

I'm not sure why either Prima has stopped trying to book Floating Points except 2020 or he doesn't want to play. He would definitely enhance Thursday's electronic program.

Could just be at Sonar

23 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

They should have booked slowdive btw. Everyone would have been happy to have them again and I don’t think it would have costed them that much. Maybe they will do bbk in a prominent slot and that’s the reason 

I guess Slowdive might've just wanted a Solo Show instead

As ever, the PS line up's quality really shines through when other fests announce. Bbk is a decent start IMO (albeit I don't need to see an arcade fire show in 2024) but BKS is like a watered down PS 

Still need to weigh up whether the ticket price is worthwhile for me, especially when adding travel and accommodation. And that mixed day by day breakdown... 

But there's definitely some depth there that I don't see elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, flowernigiri said:

Even still, them sharing a line… didn’t expect that

As I said in an earlier discussion, its critical for festivals to reach younger audiences, since the older ones that have defined them in the recent past will phase out in the coming couple of years. And Jungle work well in that demographic, Massive Attac k don't

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, xxialac said:

As always I will prefer Primavera's eclectic and more dynamic programming but in fairness to Bilbao BBK that's about 1/3 of the names, if that.

Yeah but these are probably the biggest names they will get. Maybe a couple more of others and plus some spanish and latin names that they usually bring, but from the direction that they are taking I think Primavera looks much much better (not a big fan of this PS lineup), BKS looks even worse, although there are also many names missing.