Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

I'm up to 30 acts now and loads more I need to check out. Please keep the names coming if anyone discovers anything that stands out!

Some I've added to my list over the past few days are: Lankum (modern Irish trad/folk), The Armed (noise rock), BADBADNOTGOOD (funky jazz - remind me a bit of Khruangbin in terms of vibe) and for electronic music Sofia Kourtesis and Barry Can't Swim.

Edited by UsernameHere

6 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I'm up to 30 acts now and loads more I need to check out. Please keep the names coming if anyone discovers anything that stands out!

Some I've added to my list over the past few days are: Lankum (modern Irish trad/folk), The Armed (hard rock), BADBADNOTGOOD (funky jazz - remind me a bit of Khruangbin in terms of vibe) and for electronic music Sofia Kourtesis and Barry Can't Swim.

If you like The Armed, Brutus should do something for you too

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Some I've added to my list over the past few days are: Lankum (modern Irish trad/folk), The Armed (noise rock), BADBADNOTGOOD (funky jazz - remind me a bit of Khruangbin in terms of vibe) and for electronic music Sofia Kourtesis and Barry Can't Swim.

Saw Lankum in a loaded Paradiso yesterday and it was absolutely wonderful, the combination of traditional folk and loud drones/noise made it somewhat like Mumford you! Black Emperor. Would be great to see them in the auditorium, but they're loud enough to rock any other podium as well.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

BKS line up tomorrow, hope there's some names that could be added to ciudad

I reckon they will announce the smile, massive attack+ crossover acts with primavera so it will be painful ahah! 

Weird that it switched from having the same headliners than primavera to competing with it 

Edited by Whos3000_

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

BKS line up tomorrow, hope there's some names that could be added to ciudad

Looking forward to the line up as I'm doing both Primavera and BKS. Hoping to have a few different headliners (like Massive Attack haha), although as a fanboy I wouldn't mind seeing PJ Harvey twice in a week.

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2023 at 10:11 AM, Urchin1000 said:

Auditori material recap: 

-William basinski 

-Beth gibons 

-Lanark artefax 

-Eartheater 

-Lambchop 

-Charlemagne Palestine 

-Lankum

-Joanna Sternberg

-Phew

-Tirzha 

I'd add Nala Sinephro who's Space 1.8 ambient jazz album is a strong contender for the Auditori. now listened to it 3 times since discovering the name on the poster and really digging it (a potentially perfect respite from the craziness of the weekend...)

Damn after the day split you can really see the difference between this year and the previous years, some days lacking in big names and other days in smaller names. On one hand it's good, cause I never have time to see everything so this way I have to take less decisions that I will regret in terms of choosing artists but the other hand I hope they don't put many artists at the same time, both for the noise and because I don't want to miss some concerts that I look for, because this might be the year where I want to see the least amount of artists (usually it's between 40 to 50, this year only between 20 to 30).

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Thursday is a bit too packed and Saturday is a bit too much Mordor for me, but apart from that I can work with that.

Duster, Yeule, William Basinski, Sofia Kourtesis, Julie Byrne, Vampire Weekend, Pulo and The Armed clashing would be really bad for me.

Would be nice to have some headliners from Saturday on Thursday and some smaller names from Thursday to Saturday, cause I feel that Thursday is too stacked and I will miss a lot of things, Friday is ok but then Saturday seems too empty unless you stay Mordor. 

• Upvote 1

Eugh somehow that day-by-day breakdown now makes the lineup look even less flattering imo. There’s next to nothing I want to see on the Friday aside from 1 or 2 acts I could see locally for £20 or under. Keanu Reeves quickly becoming a highlight for me that day…

Wed & Thu look really fun but I’m afraid the buzz will quickly taper off when followed by two fairly weak/anticlimactic days (in my eyes). Even the Sun brunch is far from interesting to me this year. Will need to have a long hard think about wether this year is for me at all 😬

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Would be nice to have some headliners from Saturday on Thursday and some smaller names from Thursday to Saturday, cause I feel that Thursday is too stacked and I will miss a lot of things, Friday is ok but then Saturday seems too empty unless you stay Mordor. 

Yeah I agree. Friday looks well-balanced, Thursday is busy but Saturday is off for me. Too many headliners and not enough smaller acts. 

• Upvote 1