Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

7 minutes ago, Createur said:

You guys are focusing too much on Calvin Harris.

They had to book for a wider demographic this year because they wanted to establish a new festival. Loved Primavera bands played to a huge crowd in Barcelona but played to a tiny/humiliating crowd in Madrid. Tickets for Madrid were sold because of the mainstream acts. They knew this beforehand. But after all, those acts brought not enough people in.

And if Calvin Harris et al were target #1 for their respective slot on the line-up is not known.

Maybe you should calm down and wait for the 2024 poster.

Not sure anyone is frenzied about it tbh, but it's a booking (alongside others) that could potentially indicate a slight change to the modus operandi. We shall see eh?

Think we are all waiting with baited breath for the 2024 reveal but the speculation, rumours and fantasy booking is half the fun of this run in.

38 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Not sure anyone is frenzied about it tbh, but it's a booking (alongside others) that could potentially indicate a slight change to the modus operandi. We shall see eh?

Think we are all waiting with bated breath for the 2024 reveal but the speculation, rumours and fantasy booking is half the fun of this run in.

Agree with this, maybe booking something like Travis Scott or SZA 5 years ago was a no go, but booking them today is totally normal. Times change and trends change. I think 2019 was a definite change of the direction for the festival when they booked J Balvin as one of the big names. So if they keep booking commercial pop artists it won’t surprise. 

And as someone mentioned here before, 10 years ago things like PJ Harvey and Pulp could bring big audiences. Today they would be a 2nd tier name at best, even The National seems to become smaller and smaller for the festival in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Apparently Foo Fighters are going to be announced at festivals around Europe in the following weeks. Is there any chance they could come? I know it doesn't like something PS would have, but after Calvin Harris and Halsey everything is possible. Plus their new album was critically acclaimed and had a more alternative style. 

Zero chance, luckily.

Its one of those bands that has a great back catalogue, the new album is very good too, but they waste it all on rockstar BS choreographies on stage. I've seen them a couple of times and it sometimes feels like they are a tribute band to themselves. Also, the constant touring doesn't do them good, they should just take a break and refocus.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

The National seems to have a relatively big audience still (which is surprising given how their music is less radio friendly than others). They played two nights at the 10,000 capacity Alexandra Palace in London this month.

The National are the most popular they've ever been. They're a proper big band, yes. They quite easily sold out a 20,000 cap. arena in Amsterdam. 

Edited by matrainertje
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Apparently Foo Fighters are going to be announced at festivals around Europe in the following weeks. Is there any chance they could come? I know it doesn't like something PS would have, but after Calvin Harris and Halsey everything is possible. Plus their new album was critically acclaimed and had a more alternative style. 

They are going to be in Mad Cool alongside some other pop acts such as Dua Lipa or Billie Eilish.

33 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I might be murdered for saying this but I've lost excitement for the prospect of Pulp being announced. I like their music but maybe it's because we've talked about them so much on here for almost 2 years now. Anyone else feel the same?

I'll probably feel different next June.

I saw them in July in Sheffield, do not underestimate how good they are live.

Slightly tweaked set (assuming the string section will not be doing an international tour ) will go down a storm.

25 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I might be murdered for saying this but I've lost excitement for the prospect of Pulp being announced. I like their music but maybe it's because we've talked about them so much on here for almost 2 years now. Anyone else feel the same?

I got tickets for them in Manchester earlier this year and come the night I really wasn’t feeling it and was contemplating selling them, but I went and then the moment they came on stage I immediately snapped out of it as they were excellent. I think I’d played the hell out of them when they announced the reunion which lead to me getting a bit sick of their music, but they’re on incredible form and the stage show they’re currently touring with is pretty stellar too, so my advice would just to avoid their music and then be stoked hearing all those songs live for the first time in a while come June. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I'm not sure. saw them twice back in 2011 and both were amazing, unforgettable gigs. saw them this year in glasgow too and I don't know, something just wasn't there. it was good but the sense of 'wow oh my god this is really happening' didnt struck me. so I really would like to see them in their old shape, but they just didnt bring it this year.

51 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Saw them in July, they worth the talking.. 

Will be happy to see them again

For the Barcelona people, Mutek ES just announced Autechre as the first headliner of the 2024 edition (April 9-13). The show is organised in collaboration with primavera Sound.

Thinking about coming to Barcelona in April for my first Mutek festival. 

Skrillex is playing at berghain for the pan 15 night with arca (reportedly 4 h cue to get in) and the best club line up ever assembled (some of them will play at primavera, see dj babatr, toccororo…). It was a 100% great booking and I am quite sorry to have missed him

Edited by Whos3000_