Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

8 hours ago, chilirocker said:

Could Madonna be an option as the pop act?

Apparently she’s odds-on to do Glasto and is rumoured to be doing a stadium tour next year, could see her supplementing that with some festival shows in cities she’s already toured in and is already preparing a festival show. Might also be an opportunity to lay the groundwork with a younger audience for a new album. 

She has never done festival shows, apart from a impromptu 30 min set in 2006. I don't think there is any evidence she is preparing festival shows.

18 hours ago, ibo said:

Madonna ? She’s doing the O2 in London to start. She’s just started her tour. 
but then heading to Antwerp. Copenhagen. Stockholm. Barcelona. Lisbon. Paris. Cologne. Paris again. Milan. Berlin. Amsterdam. Back to London. And then she’s heading to the US. 

If she can manage it all. 
she’s already got some knee straps 😅 

can’t wait to see her in Barcelona. Next week. 

Why the run at the o2 though?  Just to save her travelling round the UK?  The setlist looks brilliant.  Won't say unless you are avoiding spoilers.  Includes a few surprising things I Would LOVE to hear.

20 hours ago, xxialac said:

McCartney has played Pinkpop, Rock Werchter and Roskilde before. As such it doesn't seem completely impossible to me, even though he is more likely to play the Olympic Stadium. 

Tbf, I didn't know this.  Relatively recently?  The live act seems to have gone up a gear in popularity in the last decade or so (as more and more Beatles songs were added to the set!).  I just assumed he was beyond fests except Glasto type special occasions.  Same for Madonna.  Just too popular and could earn more and control production more on her own tour.

41 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah, they'll be locked in for Primavera. It's such a no brainer booking for them.

I'm not so sure. Their first confirmed date is June 21. Maybe The National's European tour will not start before the second half of June and then they could still be here for Mad Cool or Bilbao BBK.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, frankburns said:

I'm not so sure. Their first confirmed date is June 21. Maybe The National's European tour will not start before the second half of June and then they could still be here for Mad Cool or Bilbao BBK.

agree there is the possibility they do Mad Cool instead, they've played it before.

3 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

So let's make a list of solid and mid-solid rumored names that can come to Primavera:

Solid: The National, Mitski, Travis Scott 

Mid-solid:- Karol G, Bad Bunny, SZA, Kylie Minogue

Feel free do add names this list so we generate a bigger list 

Don't forget about Pulp, solid I'd say. Plus Shellac and DJ Coco.

It have been talked a lot as well about PJ Harvey and Slowdive (new albums and previous frequent visitors to the fest)

Paramore, Romy, KG&LW, Amaarae, Drop Nineteens...

• Upvote 1

But I also tend to think that maybe this time Primavera skips The National and they end up playing in BBK and/or Cala Mijas, since it's too recent for them to come back after 2022 and sometimes Last Tour (BBK & CM's promoter) and Primavera work together for the bookings.

1 hour ago, LMDS said:

But I also tend to think that maybe this time Primavera skips The National and they end up playing in BBK and/or Cala Mijas, since it's too recent for them to come back after 2022 and sometimes Last Tour (BBK & CM's promoter) and Primavera work together for the bookings.

Completely agree. They did Mad Cool a few years ago too so could play there too.

I can also completely see The XX being back next year and taking one of the headliner spots.

• Like 1