BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

Royal Blood sounding huge. Don't care that they threw a tantrum and in turn made people on Twitter throw a tantrum. They'll always have bangers.

The noise they create for a two piece is quite something. Love them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

Glad they seem to be going down well. Much ado about nothing with what happened at the BBC radio 1 big weekend. They don’t deserve the sh*t they got. Lots of bands have done far worse.

I said before that it really didn't warrant such this much of a scandal. You'd think they walked on stage and gave a speech about how Hitler was right, the way people were so outraged about it, rather than just simply moaning about how quiet the crowd was.

Musician has an ego moment. In other news, sky is blue. More at 6.

Edited by VCK

12 minutes ago, VCK said:

Royal Blood sounding huge. Don't care that they threw a tantrum and in turn made people on Twitter throw a tantrum. They'll always have bangers.

I would have sworn they were on before Foos in 2017, but ive just checked the lineup and they were on different days, my mind is playing tricks on me

7 minutes ago, VCK said:

I said before that it really didn't warrant such this much of a scandal. You'd think they walked on stage and gave a speech about how Hitler was right, the way people were so outraged about it, rather than just simply moaning about how quiet the crowd was.

Musician has an ego moment. In other news, sky is blue. More at 6.

Exactly this. Think you can see they appreciate the crowd’s reaction to them. Can’t have been nice not knowing how the crowd would react. Was always gonna be a hard job following The Foo’s but they aren’t doing a bad job.

Edited by Field of Avalon

7 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

I just don't get the Fred Again hype....

Just a bloke tapping away frantically on a midi pad for an hour.

Nope, me neither. Thought it might be a Right Said Fred tribute act, but apparently not! 😄

In fairness, I'm 58 & realise it's not aimed at me!

2 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Fred again superb.

I recommend people look at his YouTube channel. 

Hour long videos of him playing piano and improvising on his London rooftop.

It's really really good. I didn't even know who he was until about 4 months ago.

Can't get enough now.

Yeah hes incredibly talented, I just havent ever been able to get into him and I like a lot of electronic music.

I find his music tries to be 'too uplifting' if that's even a thing...

I always feel Dance acts on the Other Stage work better when it goes dark. Then you get the full experience with light show too etc. 

He's mad talented though. Just feels like it's missing some oomph.