Elton’s guest list…

Welshinexile

Ive just been watching George Michael on bbc2. What a legend I don't think his voice can be beaten. Anyway, next Sunday  would be Georges 60th so now Im thinking, I know they had fallen out but Elton really cared about him and they had been good friends. Im wondering if on Sunday he will mention him. I mean hes got to sing Dont Let The Sun Go Down on Me, hasnt he? I dint think there will be a hologram though😀

6 hours ago, Superscally said:

No. No. No. If they murder Tiny Dancer, there will be murders.

Well you lot want the ultimate elton set and apparently that means getting Britney Spears of all people to show up for no damn reason other than to not really sing.  Luckily youll be spared when it barely ends up being Kiki Dee and somebody not named Dua Lipa.

Edited by Suprefan

7 hours ago, Superscally said:

No. No. No. If they murder Tiny Dancer, there will be murders.

Yeah, I agree. There should be a golden circle around any of the big-hitters that they're off limits. One of the "lesser" or more fun songs. 

Can You Feel the Love Tonight with Britney in full garb or head dress would do. 

brit.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Well you lot want the ultimate elton set and apparently that means getting Britney Spears of all people to show up for no damn reason other than to not really sing.  Luckily youll be spared when it barely ends up being Kiki Dee and somebody not named Dua Lipa.

I don't.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Sorry mate…. Didn’t realise you didn’t get a ticket 

Dua Lipa - Cold Heart

Sam Fender - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

Harry Styles (wish George was still here to do it) - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

Britney - Bitch is Back

My stabs in the dark (Hopefuls)

9 hours ago, angelin said:

Ive just been watching George Michael on bbc2. What a legend I don't think his voice can be beaten. Anyway, next Sunday  would be Georges 60th so now Im thinking, I know they had fallen out but Elton really cared about him and they had been good friends. Im wondering if on Sunday he will mention him. I mean hes got to sing Dont Let The Sun Go Down on Me, hasnt he? I dint think there will be a hologram though😀

I know when I seen him in Liverpool In march the video he played was a complication of scenes from rocketman. Might have something different for glasto though 

32 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Elton's a diva and this is his big, final televised UK show (for the foreseeable) . He's not going to have guests that will totally steal the headlines/focus and overshadow the fact that it's his big night.

Good point. I mean his autobiography is simply called ME!!! (possibly without the exclamation marks, but I would guess he pushed to have them included 😆

Met a bloke at the Arctics gig yesterday who said that after missing out in the public ballots, now has a ticket through a business contact who claimed to have bagged him one through Elton. Apparently Elton requested lots of tickets for his own use and many are now falling into the hands of random punters.

Might be a load of codswallop but interesting if true.

1 hour ago, JA_Watts said:

Met a bloke at the Arctics gig yesterday who said that after missing out in the public ballots, now has a ticket through a business contact who claimed to have bagged him one through Elton. Apparently Elton requested lots of tickets for his own use and many are now falling into the hands of random punters.

Might be a load of codswallop but interesting if true.

Still gotta have good contacts I’m sure to even get a sniff

12 hours ago, sisco said:

Sorry mate…. Didn’t realise you didn’t get a ticket 

I went to his final show in the u.s which you can watch on Disney Plus whenever you want. And thats what got the ball rolling on glasto trying to meet that level of expectation. If Elton couldnt or wouldnt have Britney just take a short drive to Dodger Stadium to butcher a song then why the hell have it happen in the here. I wouldnt have even gone to see him if I had a ticket. Its not even having the fomo its more that some people are really disillusioned that its a requirement to have Britney of all people show up to the Pyramid when its not even needed. If it goes down and she sounds terrible thats what ya'll get. Maybe the good thing will be clips will be hard to find since iplayer isnt accessible to all and theyll just try to purge any record of it.