Glastonbury Is This Month!!

nikkic

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

We’re into the final stretch brothers and sisters 

Dust off your tents 

Flavour that vodka 

And get looking at Clashfinder

It’s HAPPENING!! 

No matter how many times you’ve been to the festival the sense of excitement and anticipation is always the same, it never fades. Flaming June,   Bring it on! 

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No matter how many times you’ve been to the festival the sense of excitement and anticipation is always the same, it never fades. Flaming June,   Bring it on! 

Yep. Got some newbies coming this year who are beyond excited!

33 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Oh crap I hadn’t seen this 😞 

Enjoy the build up … 3 weeks to go , enjoy the tension in the weather thread , the sticky stick and the ground reports , we are nearly there 🙂 nearly time for fireworks 

Excellent, a hat on fire. Didn’t the crazy world of Arthur Brown do that in the distant past? (Young folk, google it) So is this now the crazy world of @Crazyfool01?😊😉

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

you must have been to a few now?

I'm up to no 15 this year.....sometimes I think the excitement will fade, but come 3-4 weeks out its back again. 🙂

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Bring on the air traffic control strikes in America 

It’s the potential train strikes over here I’m worrying about. If there’s nothing announced in the next week we should be all clear on that front. 

34 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Excellent, a hat on fire. Didn’t the crazy world of Arthur Brown do that in the distant past? (Young folk, google it) So is this now the crazy world of @Crazyfool01?😊😉

the Pyro wont be coming with me sadly .... on the banned list ..... reminded me of @Sawdusty surfer flaming log candles 

2 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

I’ve got butterflies this morning. It’s been a rough few years, it’s been a long time since I’ve been this excited about anything. 

Just think, in three weeks time, you'll be waking up and nursing a slight hangover from accidentally hitting it a little too hard the night before.

Can't.Bloody.Wait.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Very excited here. This will be my 15th since I started coming in the 90s - during that time the longest gaps I’ve had between attending have been 4 years - done that twice before and about to close it off again since my last visit in 2019. 
Not large gaps between festivals compared to many - but after a break the first walk around site, view from the hill, sighting of El Pointo etc always takes my breath away, despite how many times I’ve been before. The next 3 weeks cannot go fast enough!!

26 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Just think, in three weeks time, you'll be waking up and nursing a slight hangover from accidentally hitting it a little too hard the night before.

Can't.Bloody.Wait.

Oh yes. Considering the amount I’ve put away on the farm it’s only ever been mild hangovers too. Never had hangxiety there 🥳

My productivity has plummeted, 11 work days to get through, getting very real now..

2 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Tell me about it.  I've got a to do list longer than a Leonard Cohen song but can't get away from here

I’m ok for the moment 🤞 

I don’t know how I’m going to concentrate for the next couple of weeks. My first Glastonbury was only my third festival, couple of Leeds under my belt. Didn’t have any real hopes or expectations beyond having a fun weekend. 21 years later I’m still not really sure how to explain to people it’s not just a festival.