Glastonbury 2023 £6 Meal Deal

stuie

3 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

It’s a £1000 weekend these days

No, as long as ive got pot nods, peperamis, cereal bars & tinnies,  I only buy one big meal a day and maybe 1-2 cold pints. Normally have change out of £200 by monday.

4 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

No, as long as ive got pot nods, peperamis, cereal bars & tinnies,  I only buy one big meal a day and maybe 1-2 cold pints. Normally have change out of £200 by monday.

Plus ticket, transport there and back and whatever you spend on food and drink brought with you.

Jeez

I'm glad the missus isn't signed in to / bothered about / arsed about Glasto or efesivals 

If she saw this thread the 💩 would fly

😂😂😂

Mind you, I don't eat 3 meals a day, just 1 and a bit of snscking

And as for alcohol, it would be a strange day, or a very hot one, if I had a 2nd beer in the day

Edited by airwaves
Thought of more

I suppose I spent about £40 a day last year.

I will allow a fair bit for food this year. I don't really buy drinks though. I'm a foodie and the food is all part of the holiday for me. Can't WAIT for it. The £6 meals will be perfect for the kids though. Although they are quite adventurous with food as well and they love the Indonesian Coconut curry stall because it comes to latitude as well. (I'm sure it was way cheaper at glastonbury than latitude anyway!!!)

Actually it's quite funny, I talk about the food so much that the kids have started saying "I can't wait to have that rotisserie chicken thing you told us about" 🤣 so they're excited for the food too even though they've never had it before haha. I talk way too much about food

Unlikely to buy more than a couple of meals over the five days. I get fed for the days I'm there pre festival and get some meal tickets on top of that. Bring in a bit of food and plenty of coffee. I don't drink alcohol, but do "other stuff".

I reckon this year will cost somewhere between 150 and 200 all in, inc fuel there and back.

Does everyone really have three square meals a day? 

£30 a day for food for me - does two big £15 meals. A couple of drinks from the bars puts it at £40.

Less on the Wednesday as we don't arrive until the afternoon. 

£250 spending money each is easily enough. Extra ten quid a day for cake/crumble/coffee/merch.

Last few been even cheaper as was just too hot to be drinking anything but water.

Working, so just diesel to get there - about £60 there n back, £50 on beer and food to bring with, I get some food tokens for my shifts so I’d look at about £300 spends all things considered - fifty notes a day to eat and drink whatever I like the look of. So £400 in total I reckon 

6 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

£30 a day for food for me - does two big £15 meals. A couple of drinks from the bars puts it at £40.

Less on the Wednesday as we don't arrive until the afternoon. 

£250 spending money each is easily enough. Extra ten quid a day for cake/crumble/coffee/merch.

Last few been even cheaper as was just too hot to be drinking anything but water.

I have snack stuff for when I get up (cereal bars etc) then I usually combine proper breakfast and lunch out and about somewhere …if I don’t get on the goodies too early I’ll perhaps get dinner too.

So two meals max, usually one.

My breakdown something like this...

Ticket & Car Park £400

Fuel £140

Prem Inn on way there and back £120

Food 5 x £20 £100

Drink Wed £50 Thu £50 Fri-Sun 3 x £12 total £136.

So around £900.

I haven’t added drink I bring myself, or other sundries, as I’d be spending cash if I was at home. 

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Just done a rough total and think that excepting spending money, Me & Mrs 4AM will have spent just over £1k (tickets, parking sticker, booze run, few bits of camping stuff/odds & sods and the fuel to get there & back).  I think spending wise we're looking at £500 - £600, so we'll be about £800 apiece all in.

Oh noooo... If we're including camping stuff then I'm WAY over a grand every time....

Not including them in mine though, as I use camping gear elsewhere.

4 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

It’s a £1000 weekend these days

Rubbish!

I already own my camping stuff so not counting that but came in at just about £500 last year inc london coach ticket (£330 ish)

This was after 3 years of being a student, could count drinks i bought from bars on a single hand - but the point is that it is possible.

Edited by gfa

40 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

If not more. I'm a greedy bastard who loves food at the best of times.  Being in a place where there is so much good food on offer, and such a wide variety of it, is a huge part of the festival for me.  If I can manage it I'll rarely go back to the same place twice (although somewhere like Crumble Shack gets a pass 😄) and I love it.

Always been that way with food at the fest, but I find I appreciate it even more now I'm fully veggie.

A mate of mine that I normally do Glastonbury with commented at a gig last year that it was the first time he could remember watching a band with me when I wasn't stuffing my face with something. Became a running gag that I'd vanish at random points during the day and reappear 10 minutes later with something glorious.

• Upvote 1

So pleased to see this deal. Thought it was going to be a £10 for tuck type deal instead. Had a decent chilli for a fiver last year and a giant pizza slice another day for a fiver. Oh yeah, and some fried halloumi another time (excellent hangover cure). Good size for a lunch. Then onto something more substantial for later.