Secret Sets 2023

JayDiesel

6 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Looks like The Amazons could be one of the secret sets. 

DD36D3BC-8FBC-41D5-830E-1C494D612709.jpeg

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah just came to post this. f**king hell. They wouldn’t even be that high up if they were announced would they?!

Doubt they'll be one of the main ones but could easily be one of others- BBC Intro maybe?

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Doubt they'll be one of the main ones but could easily be one of others- BBC Intro maybe?

This.  The Amazons would struggle to draw a significant crowd in any of those 3 specific slots, even if announced now!   Let alone if announced on the day, so limited to a crowd made up of people who (a) like them, (b) hear about it in time, and (c) are willing to sack off whatever else they were doing to see them.

BBC Introducing seems FAR more their level for a secret set.

1 minute ago, goonerben said:

This.  The Amazons would struggle to draw a significant crowd in any of those 3 specific slots, even if announced now!   Let alone if announced on the day, so limited to a crowd made up of people who (a) like them, (b) hear about it in time, and (c) are willing to sack off whatever else they were doing to see them.

BBC Introducing seems FAR more their level for a secret set.

they also did an acoustic tour for their album launch so BBC Intro + Crow's Nest or something would make it worth their while. 

I'd love it if they did a late night Rabbit Hole set like Fontaines did

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Transgressive Takeover annually gives hope to the likes of Mystery Jets, Let's Eat Grandma, and Bloc Party plus fears of TDCC.

🤣I feel the same. I think arlo parks played it in 2019 as well just before she exploded. It was also mystery jets unplugged that year of I remember correctly. 

36 minutes ago, El Matador said:

Confidence Man surely doing a secret set? Would seem bizarre for them to be on site, at a time when they're playing loads of other festivals, just to do a couple of DJ sets. 

I can see it happening. They denied it when asked on Twitter. But then they would, wouldn’t they? 

31 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yes MJs were great then as usual, due a return.

Yeah love MJ's. Just looked at the current Transgressive bands, apart from the big ones like foals and the ones that would be really unlikely to play like Alvvays there are a lot of acts I haven't heard. I would be well up for the waeve though. That Album is great. 

2 hours ago, Al2006 said:

The timings of the slots are interesting..

Friday 7.30pm Woodsies TBA: doesn't really make much sense for a big surprise guest? The hour gap between Pulp and Fred Again... already clash central for most of us, why stick another big band in there?

Sat 7.45pm TBA Park: direct clash with Lizzo, who they bumped upto the top line (would they want to take away a lot of her crowd?)

That exact reason!

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

they also did an acoustic tour for their album launch so BBC Intro + Crow's Nest or something would make it worth their while. 

I'd love it if they did a late night Rabbit Hole set like Fontaines did

Any mention of the Fontaines again this year?