The churnups

a6l6e6x

21 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Libertines subbed Florence in 2015 which I think was kept pretty quiet until the day 🤔

But we knew there was going to be a gap there because Florence had been bumped up. This is kind of different in that they are telling us, with the line-up drop, that third down on Pyramid - one of the prime spots of the weekend - is a special guest artist.

To quickly run through all the mooted options: Foo Fighters would be in line with Grohl's festival love but also a blow if they were promptly back to headline in 2024, Blur would effectively make sense but also have the same potential of a 2024 top slot, The 1975 would be foolish to accept it if they believe themselves at headline level, and RHCP would... well, Royal Blood would take 'em in a heartbeat, let's say that.

So. Pulp.

1 hour ago, DYRTFT said:

Let’s be honest, Glastonbury is on a bloody dairy farm. They churn milk/cream to make butter and cheese. It’s just a silly name and has no direct link to the act who will play! 

Also, it’s Pulp 😁

This is all correct. It's just the dairy farm.

The Evii are sat there reading this thread laughing their arses off.

It's Pulp.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

To quickly run through all the mooted options: Foo Fighters would be in line with Grohl's festival love but also a blow if they were promptly back to headline in 2024, Blur would effectively make sense but also have the same potential of a 2024 top slot, The 1975 would be foolish to accept it if they believe themselves at headline level, and RHCP would... well, Royal Blood would take 'em in a heartbeat, let's say that.

So. Pulp.

I don't really buy this argument. Only one or maybe two of these male rock guitar bands can headline in 2024 or 2025, so it is not like all of them will have a slot in the next three years. 1975 have been ruled out per this thread, and are perhaps the only one who may headline in the next two years.

I don't think the hints suggest anything, and it only depends on how much the organisers were willing to please attendees with the most requested band (Pulp) when they took the decision. I have no idea what is the answer.

Edited by emmanuel

Are Wet Leg ruled out for any reason? Can't understand why they haven't got a big spot this year after the chaos of last year in the Park. Also Mars Volta are in London couple days before the festival, could be a TBA..

Edited by Euphoricape

5 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Are Wet Leg ruled out for any reason? Can't understand why they haven't got a big spot this year after the chaos of last year in the Park.

Is there any reason why would be given 1h15 of music? I think this rules out any artist who has less than about 3 albums.

Edited by emmanuel

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Anyone sane is expecting Foos

No chance. The festival has seen enough of them recently. It’s Pulp, they’re on a comeback tour and maybe for the last time, they’ve got a gap especially for Glasto, they’re friends of the festival, their tour tickets came on sale a few days after the full lineup so wanted a secret slot so people still bought their tour tickets. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

Are Wet Leg ruled out for any reason? Can't understand why they haven't got a big spot this year after the chaos of last year in the Park. Also Mars Volta are in London couple days before the festival, could be a TBA..

Because they don’t have 1hr 15 mins of material, and that slot isn’t bigger than they should have so why would it need to be a secret?

Putting the Foos on before Royal Blood and Arctic Monkeys could backfire spectacularly, in terms of the top two being a anticlimactic. I doubt either of the superseding bands (or the festival) would want to be upstaged by an extremely busy and emotional (for obvious reasons) set from Sprinty Dave and the Fellas.  

Pulp, although they'd be very popular, I don't see them getting as frenzied a reaction as the Foos. Another reason why I still think it's Jarvis and Co. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Putting the Foos on before Royal Blood and Arctic Monkeys could backfire spectacularly, in terms of the top two being a anticlimactic. I doubt either of the superseding bands (or the festival) would want to be upstaged by an extremely busy and emotional (for obvious reasons) set from Sprinty Dave and the Fellas.  

Pulp, although they'd be very popular, I don't see them getting as frenzied a reaction as the Foos. Another reason why I still think it's Jarvis and Co. 

Nah.  Pulp and Blur are also both good live and it'll kick off for any one of them.

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The problem for Royal Blood is there are very few bands who won’t make their set seem anticlimactic 😁

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Pulp put on what is widely renowned as one of the best headline performances ever. It’ll be a cracking and popular show.

Blur are still amazing live and one of the biggest and most important British bands of the last 30 years, and this current live run is spectacular as someone who seen them two nights ago.

All three would get massive reactions.

Also to put the cat amongst the pigeons Blur are magnitudes better than Oasis who are just a 90s Mumford and Sons. Sorry not sorry. (I’m also fully aware a Oasis reunion would be the biggest tour in the world, not denying their popularity)