The churnups

a6l6e6x

Unless they need to play earlier to get a flight to Denmark.

Elbow must still be bigger than the mentioned names for the Friday Woodies TBA.
Bombay Bicycle Club? Can't see why whoever it is hasn't been announced, or perhaps they will be in advance and it's literally a TBA for now rather than a secret set.

Edited by fightoffyour

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Bombay Bicycle Club? Can't see why whoever it is hasn't been announced, or perhaps they will be in advance and it's literally a TBA for now rather than a secret set.

BBBC seem to have beef don't they, they made a weird twitter post something like 'ask Glastonbury why we're not playing'

16 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If it was BBBC I would probably collapse from disappointment after all this speculation. 

31 minutes ago, JP1994 said:

Anyone think it could be Forgone Conclusion?

They were once supported by a little known Scottish outfit called Texas.

Who just so happen to be playing the slot before might I add!

But could Texas run a successful paper merchants? No, and I think they knew that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

As I’ve said before the pyramid one will be a VERY big act.  The one on Woodsies won’t be.  They will not want a mass stampede going from one to the other (look at the set times)

Yup, and they’ll both almost definitely  be common knowledge by the time they’re on to totally avoid any ‘but what if it is xxx’ speculation. This Churnups thing has clearly been done as a way to still have huge secret acts but not cause the commotion of previous years and I imagine this is how they’ll do it going forward whenever they manage to bag a headliner sized act who fancies doing a secret set. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JP1994 said:

Anyone think it could be Forgone Conclusion?

They were once supported by a little known Scottish outfit called Texas.

Who just so happen to be playing the slot before might I add!

In all seriousness and in that sort of ballpark, it could be Tenacious D. Sure I heard rumours the other week that they might be doing a secret set, they probably would fit in that slot, they are a comedy band so "The Churnups" might be hilarious to them and they are in London the week before.

11 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

In all seriousness and in that sort of ballpark, it could be Tenacious D. Sure I heard rumours the other week that they might be doing a secret set, they probably would fit in that slot, they are a comedy band so "The Churnups" might be hilarious to them and they are in London the week before.

I know Jack Black is a big celeb n’all, but I really don’t think they’d warrant a third down Pyramid secret set when realistically they wouldn’t even play that high if they were announced. 

With the info we have on the Friday Woodsies TBA (band, not huge) and looking at the bands around and touring, I can’t look past Bombay Bicycle Club/TDCC. Trying to brainstorm others who’d be playing a similar sized slot to courteeners, who would still generate some sort of excitement in an unannounced slot on a Friday night/try and split crowds from the pyramid ever so slightly. Not to say either of those are going to cause much excitement, but if the info we’re given is not to expect someone the size of Blur, Pulp, 1975, Florence etc I can’t really think of any other bands a few tiers down who’d fit into that slot. Others who have played the festival/may be around too who would potentially do that slot would possibly be Tame Impala (doubtful, no dates), Interpol (not mentioned at all), Frank Ferdinand, Bon Iver (germany the week before).

Aware that this is a churnups thread sorry, I’m just starting to become more puzzled by this TBA than the churnups themselves. Has to be either Foos or Pulp at this point now.

5 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

With the info we have on the Friday Woodsies TBA (band, not huge) and looking at the bands around and touring, I can’t look past Bombay Bicycle Club/TDCC. Trying to brainstorm others who’d be playing a similar sized slot to courteeners, who would still generate some sort of excitement in an unannounced slot on a Friday night/try and split crowds from the pyramid ever so slightly. Not to say either of those are going to cause much excitement, but if the info we’re given is not to expect someone the size of Blur, Pulp, 1975, Florence etc I can’t really think of any other bands a few tiers down who’d fit into that slot. Others who have played the festival/may be around too who would potentially do that slot would possibly be Tame Impala (doubtful, no dates), Interpol (not mentioned at all), Frank Ferdinand, Bon Iver (germany the week before).

Aware that this is a churnups thread sorry, I’m just starting to become more puzzled by this TBA than the churnups themselves. Has to be either Foos or Pulp at this point now.

Franz Ferdinand are touring the US with Pixies, so they're out.

7 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Interpol are in Greece / Italy that weekend, so also ruled out.

Has anyone mentioned The Streets?

We know that Mike Skinner is on site. Secret set at Woodsies then nip down for a guest appearance with Fred afterwards?

13 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

have we ruled out Soft Play (formerly Slaves) and Nothing But Thieves for that woodsies slot?