The churnups

a6l6e6x

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

At the end he's talking for like 3 minutes 20 seconds, just making jokes, messing around, and talking about working at Shakey's Pizza between the Queen cover and Everlong. That's like a full song on its own. Talk about breaking momentum.

Got to get the balance right. I remember him banging on for ages at Milton Keynes though too. Glastonbury - for the "big moment" status - probably shaded the two, but didn't walk away from either feeling like I'd seen one of the great rock and roll shows of my time either.

But I'm always happy to go back and give anyone a second chance. That's the beauty and power of live music, and I'm aware I am in a very privileged position to be able to see so much. I try not to take that for granted.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Got to get the balance right. I remember him banging on for ages at Milton Keynes though too. Glastonbury - for the "big moment" status - probably shaded the two, but didn't walk away from either feeling like I'd seen one of the great rock and roll shows of my time either.

But I'm always happy to go back and give anyone a second chance. That's the beauty and power of live music, and I'm aware I am in a very privileged position to be able to see so much. I try not to take that for granted.

Always had this problem with foos but a 1 hour 15 set of wall to wall bangers. Could be awesome

6 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'm always open for second chances too. If it did turn out to be the Foos, instead of perhaps the cult favourite of Pulp, I at least hope for an hour of music at least, all the hits, and perhaps some special guest thrown in.

I still don't get why GFL would do it like this. Why not put Foos above Royal Blood? Or would that be stepping on Arctic's toes too much? I guess with QOTSA already vs Elton, they couldn't put Foos up against GnR or Arctics, because that would've taken too much away from the Pyramid headliners. 

Ahhhh, just was really hoping for Pulp. I still have high hopes its them, but that hope is fading. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Okay, new theory: it's actually Pulp, but using the FF's connections to the world churn, to throw out a red herring?

I would say Dave and Jarvis have just been cooking this whole thing up on Zoom meetings for the last six months. They both like a laugh and don't appear to take the music industry as seriously as some.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Always had this problem with foos but a 1 hour 15 set of wall to wall bangers. Could be awesome

Exactamundo. Give me my personal tweak:

1 Walk
2 Rescued
3 These Days
4 Times Like These
5 Wheels
6 The Pretender
7 Learn to Fly
8 Rope
9 My Hero
10 This Is a Call
11 Best of You
12 Everlong

And I'd be a very happy bunny.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Exactamundo. Give me my personal tweak:

1 Walk
2 Rescued
3 These Days
4 Times Like These
5 Wheels
6 The Pretender
7 Learn to Fly
8 Rope
9 My Hero
10 This Is a Call
11 Best of You
12 Everlong

And I'd be a very happy bunny.

This but also all my life. And they should open with it

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm always open for second chances too. If it did turn out to be the Foos, instead of perhaps the cult favourite of Pulp, I at least hope for an hour of music at least, all the hits, and perhaps some special guest thrown in.

I still don't get why GFL would do it like this. Why not put Foos above Royal Blood? Or would that be stepping on Arctic's toes too much? I guess with QOTSA already vs Elton, they couldn't put Foos up against GnR or Arctics, because that would've taken too much away from the Pyramid headliners. 

Ahhhh, just was really hoping for Pulp. I still have high hopes its them, but that hope is fading. 

I think Foo Fighters would be there either for Dave's connections to the festival (a UK bow for a new line-up and fresh start) or to tease the likelihood of an immediate return to headline in 2024.

I'm not sure they would have a special guest, unless a mini-TCV reunion was cooked up somehow.

Can only assume that, Foo Fighters or Pulp, sticking them on directly before Arctic Monkeys would have been very much not to the taste of the latter. Both have the capacity to show them up in a way that is less than appealing. The last thing any Pyramid headliner wants is to not be the main talking point - well, main good talking point - on the stage that day.

Sometimes, you can get a cracker of a set that's on a par or better than the headliner - for me personally, think Sam Fender offered more in the way of crowd interaction success than Billie Eilish. But nor was she blown off the park either. That's the real risk Arctic Monkeys could face if Foo Fighters or Pulp played seventy-five minutes of excellent stuff before them.

In that sense, Royal Blood is an excellent booking for the purposes. To quote Yazz and the Plastic Population, the only way is up after that.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

My guess is it is Pulp and the reason for the name is probably due to contracts, nothing else. As always everyone looking too deep in to it.

48 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Maybe but they are not on a 10 year break, they have played recently and the demographic of Glasto is made for Pulp.I’ve seen the Foos at Glastonbury but not Pulp and I know this is no way to judge but all 10 of our group would rather see Pulp (and I’m far more likely to listen to the Foos)

I somewhat agree but not sure this is how stuff is booked logically.

Already have a Chvrches and Courteeners clash. Can't miss the chance for it to be Foo Fighters. Them going into Royal Blood and The Arctic Monkeys would be amazing.

Can't understand all the hatred. Foos are the best band around.

So I’m going to have to buy a ticket for the Gabriel’s gig in Bristol in July with the news about the Foos. 
Not going to miss them again. 
2015 Dave broke his leg. 2017 stupidly watched the Jackson’s. 2019 at Reading had to come home for step grand daughters christening on the Sunday. Had tickets for last years Olympic stadium gig!
Will be amazing if it’s them. 

40 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Have to wonder why whoever this act is they have decided to play under a pseudonym.

Because they wanted to? Doesn't feel like something that really needs to have a reason.

For whatever it's worth - there'll obviously be a name used internally within GFL for the act for planning all of the various logistics, accreditation, etc, and depending on how big the circle of trust is it's quite possibly not the real band name (such as Libertines being internally listed as "Albion" when they subbed a few years back). It's quite possible that people within the Festival are using that pseudonym.

I imagine with them having a new album out a couple of weeks before the festival that they’ll play a couple from it as well as the hits. This would rip:

1. Rescued
2. All My Life
3. Times Like These
4. The Pretender
5. Under You
6. Learn to Fly
7. Walk
8. Nothing At All
9. My Hero
10. Monkey Wrench
11. Best of You
12. Everlong 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I imagine with them having a new album out a couple of weeks before the festival that they’ll play a couple from it as well as the hits. This would rip:

1. Rescued
2. All My Life
3. Times Like These
4. The Pretender
5. Under You
6. Learn to Fly
7. Walk
8. Nothing At All
9. My Hero
10. Monkey Wrench
11. Best of You
12. Everlong 

Was trying to figure out if you'd simply rearranged my earlier first attempt 😁 plenty plausible!

19 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I think Foo Fighters would be there either for Dave's connections to the festival (a UK bow for a new line-up and fresh start) or to tease the likelihood of an immediate return to headline in 2024.

I'm not sure they would have a special guest, unless a mini-TCV reunion was cooked up somehow.

Can only assume that, Foo Fighters or Pulp, sticking them on directly before Arctic Monkeys would have been very much not to the taste of the latter. Both have the capacity to show them up in a way that is less than appealing. The last thing any Pyramid headliner wants is to not be the main talking point - well, main good talking point - on the stage that day.

Sometimes, you can get a cracker of a set that's on a par or better than the headliner - for me personally, think Sam Fender offered more in the way of crowd interaction success than Billie Eilish. But nor was she blown off the park either. That's the real risk Arctic Monkeys could face if Foo Fighters or Pulp played seventy-five minutes of excellent stuff before them.

In that sense, Royal Blood is an excellent booking for the purposes. To quote Yazz and the Plastic Population, the only way is up after that.

What's gonna happen when Royal Blood find out they're just being used as a buffer between two much better bands/sets 😅

10 minutes ago, iamstreety said:

Already have a Chvrches and Courteeners clash. Can't miss the chance for it to be Foo Fighters. Them going into Royal Blood and The Arctic Monkeys would be amazing.

Can't understand all the hatred. Foos are the best band around.

My problem with the Foos is they are a bit safe, they feel like a jack of all trades master of none kind of rock band so to speak. 

They have some good catchy songs but nothing that would enter any top 10 lists ect.

Not to say I wouldn't enjoy seeing them live but I also wouldn't pay for one of their gigs.

Edited by Xeph1995